• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1973 Honda CB350four for sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best of luck Gary. I hope that sale goes through. I should say you kinda inspire me to go ahead with a restore project of my own. My first bike was a '74 Kawa 750, and I've always pined to look for another.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Trip,

Here ya go: a beautiful example and it's for sale: CLICKY HERE

Don't blame ya, I have an equal love for that same machine. Amazing how many gawkers there are at the VJMC meets (vintage Japanese motorcycle club) when someone brings one of these. They always draw a crowd. I rode on one just one time when I was 16.

Buddy Dave "borrowed" his older brother Louie's bike one afternoon just after he acquired it. It was probably stolen, and most likely part of one of Louie's drug deals. It had a knobby tire on the back and no license plate. I still remember holding on for dear life as Dave did a second gear wheelie down the dirt road in front of his house. I walked home afterwards, still shaking. Dave didn't get caught... that time. A couple weeks later, he wasn't so lucky. I watched him flip it with his girlfriend on the back doing the same stunt. The bike was nearly destroyed, but they walked away with just a few bruises, However, David wasn't so lucky when Louie got home. Ever see a guy get beat with a helmet? Guess that's the nearest thing that Louie could grab. Good thing dad came out and pulled him off of David. David got two black eyes and a lot of swelling out of that one. He looked pretty rough for about a week. Wish he would have learned his lesson. He lived on the wild side, always. Wow: hard to believe that was 45 years ago.

Gary

Nice looking bike for sure. Nice to know if I ever do drum up enough courage to tackle that project, good chance I'd be able to recoup everything I put into it. Well, maybe.

Good news:

Got a full price offer of 3800.00 from a fella on Cycle Trader. They have a "2 weeks free" deal and I listed it with them. Fella in New York named John contacted me. I received a deposit for 200.00 in the mail today. Talked to him yesterday and he's planning to leave New York to come down here to Fla. to pick it up on Wed. this week. So, if all goes well, it looks like the little Honda may be heading for a new home by the end of the week. And I can finally recoup the $$ I sunk into it and get a little extra for my labors as well.

Today I'm busy tightening nuts and bolts and double checking little things.

Gary

Congratulations...glad to hear such a beautiful bike is going to an appreciative (full-price-paying) home.

Ugh. Feeling blue today. That fella called and backed out of the deal.

But he said I could keep the down payment.

Hmmm.

I just can't do it.

Any of you fine fellers want a check for 200 bucks?

Gary

Well, you're a very nice fellow, but holding back from pursuing a subsequent sale for a sale that never happens has its own cost. I'd encourage you to consider taking him up on his (completely reasonable) offer. FWIW

Thanks Mike,

Can't take your advice as the deal's done. Check was tossed last Sunday and is probably just "so many" ashes now out behind the incinerator.

I hear what you're saying, but I've always tried to live by that golden rule. Gotta ask myself how I would feel if it cost me 200 bucks to change my mind? The fella just got cold feet because he didn't understand mechanics enough to trust what I was saying. He assumed the bottom end of a 30,000 mile Honda four would need a full rebuild, and that the top end refresh wasn't enough. His experience lies with Honda twins, which had roller bearing cranks if I recall, and a VERY limited lifespan. Said he just could not sleep at night and had to back out of the decision. I know he's wrong, but he doesn't, so I decided to cut him some slack. Hope he's a little wiser next time, and a little more careful with his money.

Gary

Got another bite. This guy's claiming I need to come down on the price as he has a limited budget. Ugh. What to do? Now I'm wondering if my price is right.

Gary

You "have" to come down on your very reasonable price on a beautifully restored classic motorcycle because HE has a limited budget????

Do what you want but if it was me, I would hold onto it until I received what I would consider a fair offer. For that particular bike, I wouldn't be too disappointed if it took a while to sell...

I really can't comment on the price. You can look at comparables on Cycle Trader and eBay but it really comes down to connecting with the right buyer. Some people look at it as a desirable restored classic machine and some look at it as a cheap old bike they can hope to get for next to nothing. Hopefully not the latter because that individual would never treat it right and it probably wouldn't be running six months from now.

GLWTS

Why not try eBay?

I sold a classic bike there on the Spring market to a guy in South Korea. It all went surprisingly smoothly and I got a fare price through the auction process.

Start it low, put your reserve where it needs to be, and let 'er rip.

You've got a year round market in Florida and, aside from sales to California, you shouldn't have much trouble.

These don't seem to be inflating so what's cheap?

That bike is on the bucket list of the few who owned them as 1st or 2nd bikes and who also wish they could revisit their youth. No one lusted after them back in the day. Honda made a 400 four, a 500 four, a 550 four, etc in the same time frame. Each may be uncommon, but none are iconic.

Cheap is in the eye of the beholder. Unless you find the guy who considers this his "Rosebud," it will be hard to recover the money in an unknown builder's rebuild.

We sold a handful of them when they were introduced. They're the beautiful, but well known Japanese sewing machine ... modest torque, not much snap, but great as someone's Rosebud. Compared to the CB350 K4 twin, the four was smoother, but more expensive. The few of these we sold were to women wanting to ride with a significant other on a 500+ cc Honda four. In any event, GLWS.

Maybe Barber would like it. I can't remember ever seeing one there. He ought to put together a sequential history of the Japanese invasion and their temporary decimation of the rest of the industry.

He seems more focused on iconic Euro bikes, and in recent years Harley.

Interestingly, I took a docent led tour once, and the docent said that Mr. Barber does not ride motorcycles. He said that the goal was to build a world class motorsports museum. It was too expensive to try to compete on four wheels, but two wheels was almost a blank page as far as world class museums were concerned. He said that Mr. Barber does not ride, even today.

Gary - i've got a cousin who was talking about getting a CB350 and I totally forgot about this thread til seeing the bump today. I'll send you a PM - if you can send me a couple of photos by email I'll forward them to him and see if he'd be interested.....

Yup, believe it or not, it's still for sale. Had a lady contact me today from here in town. Can't look at it till next weekend due to time constraints, but seems to have a love for the old CB350fours. So: no sale yet, but at least several have contacted me.

Gary