• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2008 Front and Rear wheels

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawrence

Reaction score
I'm interested in a spare set of wheels for my 2008 FJR1300A so I can

1. have different commute tires from weeked fun / road trip tires

2. I'm contemplating trying the dark side

Needs to be a complete setup (rotors, ABS sensors, etc.). My understanding is a 2007 or earlier Gen II wheel would need at least a new ABS sensor. So it would seem that a 2008 or 2009 wheel(s) would be my best bet.

I have access to great shipping rates at work, so I'm not concerned about cross-country shipping costs if required.

So if someone has a spare due to insurance replacement for a small nick, or is parting out a bike, please let me know.

Ok I stood in line

But I also watched eBay and low 'n behold found what I'm looking for at what seems to be a very good price

I bypassed (been listed for a while and keeps getting reposted) https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=320508086580 - wheel only $270

{for those interested in this wheel, recommend referencing what I got and get him to drop his price}

instead I found for half that including tire, rear brake rotor, etc

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=280483301197 $150

Rear wheel, tire and rotor from a running 2007 FJR1300 ABS which had 12,375 miles . Very nice damage free condition . The tire is a Michelin Pilot Road II size 180/55ZR-17 with %80 or more tread left. The rim is a little dirty but otherwise in very nice shape . The rotor is in good condition with some very light surface rust from lack of recent use.
So I got a spare torque arm from the same seller as well (arrived yesterday)

WhoooHooo

I think what I'm missing per the OEM Part diagram for an 2008 rear wheel is

Part #26 - HOUSING, SENSOR REAR 3P6-2537A-00-00 $$$

#2 BEARING 93306-30446-00

#3 NUT, ADJUSTING 3P6-2538E-00-00

#4 OIL SEAL 93106-40013-00

#5 SPACER, BEARING 3P6-25317-00-00

The ABS sensor obviously being the expensive part. And the others?

I've read the Service Manual, and the FJRTech postings, but that didn't defintely answer my question.

Do I need an extra rear ABS sensor, or would I simply move the one I have between wheels when changing?

Do I need an extra rear ABS sensor, or would I simply move the one I have between wheels when changing?
While I don't have ABS, I believe this is easily moved when you do wheel changes.
Like you, I bough extra wheel, the rear wheel I bought was ABS, I replaced a few of the parts with std spacers etc ....I believe I still have the ABS stuff --If I can find them, I'll take pics and perhaps they'll do you more good than me.

BTW, good job on the sales, you did good! And having an extra set of wheels is GOLDEN!!

Last edited by a moderator:
While I don't have ABS, I believe this is easily moved when you do wheel changes.
Like you, I bough extra wheel, the rear wheel I bought was ABS, I replaced a few of the parts with std spacers etc ....I believe I still have the ABS stuff --If I can find them, I'll take pics and perhaps they'll do you more good than me.
Tried to PM to provide you my email address - no worky

If that ABS sensor is from an '08 or '09 wheel - I'll take and pay for it. I hear earlier year model parts aren't compatible

Tried to PM to provide you my email address - no worky

If that ABS sensor is from an '08 or '09 wheel - I'll take and pay for it. I hear earlier year model parts aren't compatible
Ya, I can't be trusted with PM, but my emai addy is in my profile.

I dug in my box of junk and it seems that the only thing I kept is this:

100417_5454.jpg

I replaced this with a traditional spacer on my non ABS bike.

It is yours at N/C if you can put it to use. However if you want me to wipe the dust off of it, I'll charge you shipping :)

Last edited by a moderator: