2010 SW-FOG

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping I can make it. This would be my first one. Is there some kind of initiation for first timers?

I won't know my work schedule for September until late August but if possible, I'll be there.

I am hopeful!
As are we, Burk. Very hopeful. After all, I'm gonna' need someone to hold the camera after Don passes out early from too much mezcal!

Hope the healing (mental and physical) is going well. Been thinkin' about you naked

Not good Pinhead.. If ya was beemerdons I could possibly accept that kinda talk.

Please refrain from naked thoughts of Burk.. The guy don't need encouragement :blink:

:jester:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hopeful!
As are we, Burk. Very hopeful. After all, I'm gonna' need someone to hold the camera after Don passes out early from too much mezcal!

Hope the healing (mental and physical) is going well. Been thinkin' about you naked

Not good Pinhead.. If ya was beemerdons I could possibly accept that kinda talk.

Please refrain from naked thoughts of Burk.. The guy don't need encouragement :blink:

Can you blame a guy? Before he stacked up his bike, he used to have these little custom chrome adjustment knobs on top of his forks. Talk about sexy. I wonder where a guy could find a set of those.

[SIZE=10pt]And I can't believe I just used the word "knob" when replying to Bust.[/SIZE]

Welcome from Gunnison.

I am hopeful!

Can you blame a guy? Before he stacked up his bike, he used to have these little custom chrome adjustment knobs on top of his forks. Talk about sexy. I wonder where a guy could find a set of those.

[SIZE=10pt]And I can't believe I just used the word "knob" when replying to Bust.[/SIZE]

Welcome from Gunnison.
OK.........OK...........Now I've heard just about everything!! :evilsmiley: Pinhead is talking about the BadCat having a nice set of Knobs! :excl: Now I can just see Bust having a set of sheep knobs hanging from his rear-view mirror! Is it no wonder why BeemerDon is having too much Mescal associating with the likes of these folks

I am hopeful!

Welcome from Gunnison.
OK.........OK...........Now I've heard just about everything!! :evilsmiley: Pinhead is talking about the BadCat having a nice set of Knobs! :excl: Now I can just see Bust having a set of sheep knobs hanging from his rear-view mirror! Is it no wonder why BeemerDon is having too much Mescal associating with the likes of these folks
Big-D: Around that goofy pack there is never a situation of too much Mezcal!!!

Are we going to have a BAR 106?

I finally made the room reservations. Will be bringing the better half.

We are looking forward to this. See you all there.

Joe

Are we going to have a BAR 106?I finally made the room reservations. Will be bringing the better half.

We are looking forward to this. See you all there.

Joe
Joe, Big-D and I are trying to get Bustanut joker to come out to SW-FOG 2010 as BAR 106 proprietor! Barry Clark and Niehart - Dave Black are identical twins; their own mothers can't tell them apart!!

Boy do I feel sorry for their mothers.

Would be nice to meet Bust.

Hope the both of them make it

Joe

Joe, glad to see you and your SO are going to join us at the 2010 SW-FOG. When I originally set up the rooms, I requested that room 106 be on our reservation list. If all works out right, we'll have our designated bar room.

Not that I'm counting or anything but it's only 82 days until I'm on the back roads to Taos and Bar106.Can't we just skip the rest of summer?
No kidding, after CFR I don't want my liver to dry out. Oh wait, there's still the BMW MOA and WFO Rallies to keep my liver properly saturated!!!

Are you meaning to tell me I have to concern myself with dehydration? Crap!

After the "altitude" sickness incident at CFR I'm a wee bit apprehensive :blink: Not sure If I need anymore rallys and the increased potential for illness :lol:

BUMP REMINDER! SW-FOG is just 11 weeks away from today! If you have not reserved your New Mexico room yet, get on the phone to Cheryl at 1-800-522-4462; you will love the extremely low room rates that Big-D / Dan Compton of Lake Havasu City, Arizona has negotiated for the SW-FOG Attendees. The Saturday SW-FOG Dinner Meal is only a total of $18.83 with your choice of entree, with the tax and tip already included; and you can prepay this also with Cheryl when you call the Taos Best Western Kachina Lodge. On top of these two great deals, Big-D even went one step further and got the BW Taos Inn to provide us with free breakfasts in their on site diner each morning; and every evening you get your first cocktail or beer at half price in their on site tavern. I can't thank mi Amigo Big-D enough for all of these cost savings he scored for us at SW-FOG. We FJR Forum Irishmen such as Old Michael, ShinyPartsUp and I would've fecked this up! No wonder Dan didn't trust us.

SW-FOG 2010 (September 16 – 19, 2010)
I am already receiving emails pertaining to people reserving rooms and inquiring about the dinner for Saturday night (September 18, 2010).

Here is information concerning room Reservations and/or Dinner.

BeemerDonS (Don Stanley) will be Ride Leader coordinating our rides during the event.

Best Western Kachina Lodge

413 Paseo del Pueblo Norte

Taos, NM 87571-5907

Room Reservation: Contact Cheryl Webster

1-800-522-4462 or 1-575-758-2275

You MUST mention SW-FOG & Sept 16-19, 2010!

There are currently rooms set aside (15 Kings, 15 Queen/Queen & 4 Smoking King). If you need other arrangements, speak to Cheryl about them when you call.

The dinner for Saturday night Sept 18, 2010 will be Chicken and Ribs with trimmings for a cost of $18.83+tax including tip. If you want to participant in the dinner, you will be required to place your order over the phone by speaking with Cheryl Webster and your meal can be paid for at the same time you reserve your room(s) or you can pay for your meal at a later date no later than 14 days prior to the event.

We will all receive a FREE Breakfast each day and ½ off 1st drink in the lounge each evening, plus there will be specials being offered to our group throughout our stay.

I would appreciate an IM after you reserve your room and when you register for the meal to enable me to keep an accurate track of who will be attending the SW-FOG and whether you will be participating in the dinner or not. Please include your real name, Forum Handle and names of anyone attending with you.

I will post additional information as it becomes available, such as, Door Prizes!

Thanks!

Big-D (Dan Compton)