2015 Candy Red FJR Color match the GIVI E55 lid?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket

Reaction score
Has anyone bought the optional Givi E55 top box color lid for a candy red FJR? Did it match?

That poping sound is my head coming out of my ass. Should have been 2014 as you know. Damn, wish I could take the whole question down. Is there a way to edit a topic?

It is my understanding that with the E55 Monokey series, it is just the "lid" that is color (matched). There was one for sale on another site (sold now however). NO mention of it not matching up?

22266d1435687414-fs-givi-e55-candy-red-color-match-cover-backrest-image.jpg

the 2014 and the Givi candy apple red V46 are a perfect match. I assume same paint on the lid of the 55

Last edited by a moderator:
I was afraid of that. Damn, now I have to decide if I want to spend the exra money.

That poping sound is my head coming out of my ass. Should have been 2014 as you know. Damn, wish I could take the whole question down. Is there a way to edit a topic?
You should be happy that it isn't Friday.
Yea, I don't have anything to add, I just came in here for the entertainment. Thanks for spicing up my boring Monday afternoon.
biggrin.png

You should be happy that it isn't Friday.
Yea, I don't have anything to add, I just came in here for the entertainment. Thanks for spicing up my boring Monday afternoon.
biggrin.png
Funny!

Everytime I open up this Forum I hear popping sounds...like a StirCrazy popcorn popper gone mad.

Or its just those crazy voices in my head again.

nahhhh

Hate to revive such an old thread, but didn't really want to start something entirely new since it's kinda related...

My '14 FJR is my first new bike in 10 yrs and while my Givi E460 in flat black has served me well for most of that time, the new bike deserves something shiny and new.

I've decided on the E55 and I think I've located one of the last Candy red lids I could find online so I already snagged it up. I plan on adding the Admore lighting kit as well.

What do you guys think looks better? Regular E55 with the candy red lid or the Tech series with candy red lid (pic above)?

E55R301.jpg

FWIW - I got rid of the silver side panels in favor of the red panels.

Really? You're asking this group for an opinion on looks? I realize you may not have been around very long but damn!!

If you're not sure what to spend your money on, send it to me. I can come up with something. PM for info.

Jeez, who crapped in your cornflakes?

Just asking for a few opinions is all..

Thanks for making a meaningful contribution! If I spent more time making useless replies maybe my post count would be as high as yours.

Jeez, who crapped in your cornflakes?

Thanks for making a meaningful contribution! If I spent more time making useless replies maybe my post count would be as high as yours.
Whoaaaa...get some sand in your 'gina???

MadMax1996 posted: Jeez, who crapped in your cornflakes?

You want my opinion?

RED IS UGLY. Period. Buy a Liquid Graphite top box to match the 2015 FJR you should have purchased, or else form your own opinion. (Isn't that what maturity is about? I form my opinion; you form yours?)

Oh yeah, MadMax1996, please realize that some of us have been around for a while, and if we shit in your cornflakes you should just accept it and try to figure out how to avoid repeating your offending behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correction- asking for a few opinions about looks. Have you not peeked at some pictures of this crowd? Remember, that's what they see every day in the mirror and that's what they base "looks" opinions on. They're not all bee-yoo-ti-ful as me.

And pull your panties out there, big fella, just pokin' fun. 'Cept the "send me your money" part, that was serious.

Hate to revive such an old thread, but didn't really want to start something entirely new since it's kinda related...
My '14 FJR is my first new bike in 10 yrs and while my Givi E460 in flat black has served me well for most of that time, the new bike deserves something shiny and new.

I've decided on the E55 and I think I've located one of the last Candy red lids I could find online so I already snagged it up. I plan on adding the Admore lighting kit as well.

What do you guys think looks better? Regular E55 with the candy red lid or the Tech series with candy red lid (pic above)?

[img=[URL="https://www.fc-moto.de/WebRoot/FCMotoDB/Shops/10207048/5171/05B9/A845/89ED/34AC/3E70/5055/C4B4/E55R301.jpg%5D"]https://www.fc-moto.de/WebRoot/FCMotoDB/Shops/10207048/5171/05B9/A845/89ED/34AC/3E70/5055/C4B4/E55R301.jpg][/URL]

I was going to say something mean, but I understand that you are the sensitive type and would likely have to up your BP meds...so, I'll just say welcome to the FJR family.

...and who gives a fook what color you decide on...just ride the damn thing, come to one of the gatherings, and get to know some of your fellow idiots in person.

[img=[URL="https://www.fc-moto.de/WebRoot/FCMotoDB/Shops/10207048/5171/05B9/A845/89ED/34AC/3E70/5055/C4B4/E55R301.jpg%5D"]https://www.fc-moto.de/WebRoot/FCMotoDB/Shops/10207048/5171/05B9/A845/89ED/34AC/3E70/5055/C4B4/E55R301.jpg][/URL]

I was going to say something mean, but I understand that you are the sensitive type and would likely have to up your BP meds...so, I'll just say welcome to the FJR family.
...and who gives a fook what color you decide on...just ride the damn thing, come to one of the gatherings, and get to know some of your fellow idiots and see for yourself different options/looks in person.
ftfy. But you of all people know how testy folks in IL can be this time of year. Kudos on your lack of meanness and your understanding
winksmiley.jpg

I'm sue BeemerDon's would have some kind of poster to go along with a snarky comment with which to skewer this thread.

PMS has set in for sure. (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome).