A quick heads up for folks who buy farkles from me

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll chime in, for those who don't know, Ian runs a one man show as he mentioned in his "spare" time. And, much time and effort are required to develop each product making protypes and working out all the bugs. Then there is the organization of making everything perfect and getting out the product. Meanwhile doing the regular job and taking care of his family. Most people don't see or understand this and as a result some in the minority let their emotions rule their brain. Skyway is a straight shooter and mega dittos to him for his hard work! Keep up the good work Ian. Besides, us Welshmen got to stick together. PM. <>< :good:

I think Ian might be talking about me. He mentioned that he had the right side powder coated mount in stck and said it would ship to me on 1-29. Cool. Well yesterday I emailed him when it did not arrive yet to see the status. He told me to PM a guy named Gary on the board. I did and Gary had no idea who I was and I had no order number to give him because I did not ever get one. Alright no problem. Gary, any idea on when the part might go out? I will need payment 1st. Well, I already paid Skyway. Back to Skyway, should I pay Gary for the powdercoating and then have you send me a refund for the money I paid to have it powdercoated? Oh yea, I very politely mentioned to him that he told me the part was in stock and I thought I would have had it by now.

Skyway, if you go through all of my emails I have only had great things to say about you and your products. I am sure asking why you told me you had it in stock and would ship it upset you but that was not my intention. We are all busy and neither of us have the time to go back and forth on this kind of stuff. I really think you took what I was saying the wrong way and I said that in the email I sent. You put out a great product man and let's move on.

group_hug.jpg

I'll chime in, for those who don't know, Ian runs a one man show as he mentioned in his "spare" time. And, much time and effort are required to develop each product making protypes and working out all the bugs. Then there is the organization of making everything perfect and getting out the product. Meanwhile doing the regular job and taking care of his family. Most people don't see or understand this and as a result some in the minority let their emotions rule their brain. Skyway is a straight shooter and mega dittos to him for his hard work! Keep up the good work Ian. Besides, us Welshmen got to stick together. PM. <>< :good:
I thought it was Welshmen and sheep that got stuck together!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

By the way Ian i sent you a pm and the windshield spacer is just perfect.

Thanks

Richard

Radman, You're a sick man!! That was freakin hilarious!! :lol:

Ian, Keep up the good work man!!!

-jwilly

Your a good man Ian,

You make fantastic stuff for us, With Reasonable prices. :clapping:

Keep up the great work!

Adam

I've said it once and I'll say it again..... Skyway's a slacker.........he only works 14 hours a day..... there's 10 more perfectly good hours in the day where he does nothing !! Get to work slacker !! :p

Skyway, your work and delivery is tops with me. Keep up the great work.

06 skyway sliders

cc mount

soon to have hydration sys.

It varies day to day, but it is usually between 40% and 60% of humanity that need desperately to be marched off a cliff into the f***ing ocean (my condolences to the fish) and gotten out of the way of good folks!

Understand that I do this after hours and weekends and not as my full time occupation.
How hard is this to understand? Well, I guess it is for some?
Let's see...I was talking with Ian about 6 PM last night and he'd just gotten home. Instead of putting his FJR back together (yes, the light bulbs just came from University Motors) he was out making boxes and packing the hydration systems in them. Just something to do in his after-work hours instead of actually spending time with his lovely bride or getting his own FJR operational. We gotta talk about your priorities...(just after you get my "kit" in the mail :lol: )

Keep it up....and he'll tell Kristi on you....and you won't like it! It isn't good to be messing with the bookkeeper..... :dribble: :blink: :glare:

I've said it once and I'll say it again..... Skyway's a slacker.........he only works 14 hours a day..... there's 10 more perfectly good hours in the day where he does nothing !! Get to work slacker !!
I think I have a bottle of "clock stretcher" in the garage. If I can find it, Skyway can work 10 hours at the shop, then 10 hours designing, building, packaging and shipping our farkles, and get 8 hours sleep, and still have quality time with Mrs. Skyway. :yahoo:

I think Ian might be talking about me.
If it is you...and he didn't mention any names, cities or states...then this should be handled via email or PM, not on the forum. Too many people and too many emotions...far too easy for words to be typed faster than brains think.

Last edited by a moderator:
My vote is for Skyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He is EXCELLENT to deal with and makes HIGH QUALITY parts!

There's always going to be those you can't do business with. Put it behind you like water on a duck's back. There's too many good folk out there to mess with a few sour ones. :D
+1 Skyways the best

I was talking with Ian about 6 PM last night and he'd just gotten home. Instead of putting his FJR back together (yes, the light bulbs just came from University Motors) he was out making boxes and packing the hydration systems in them.
Which is why I'm riding up there to pick mine up, saving him all that trouble of boxing it up and shipping it to me. Hey, I'm a giver....

...far too easy for words to be typed faster than brains think.
Unless I'm the one doing the typing. My finger is way slower than the hamster running on that wheel in my head.

I've said it once and I'll say it again..... Skyway's a slacker.........he only works 14 hours a day..... there's 10 more perfectly good hours in the day where he does nothing !! Get to work slacker !! :p
No kidding. When he took a group of us on an SS1K, he thought it was enough to buy maps for everyone, highlight each map and add pointers to each stop, write a package for keeping track of the ride so all we had to do was sign and send with receipts, had his wife get up out of bed to witness our departure and arrival and then lead us on one of the best rides I ever had in terms of the group of guys we had and the fun we were having. He didn't even cook breakfast...we had to go to a cafe. :blink:

What a slacker. Get to work bozo! I mean my windscreen spacers barely got here in time for my wife to wrap them for my Christmas present! :rolleyes:

For he's a jolly good fellow! :clapping:

Now get back to work.

If it is you...and he didn't mention any names, cities or states...then this should be handled via email or PM, not on the forum. Too many people and too many emotions...far too easy for words to be typed faster than brains think.
Without a doubt that would be the most professional way to handle any irregularity seller and buyer or vice versa. Regardless of how high or low tech the sellers operation may be, it is still money, and money is business and important to both the buyer and seller.

In my case I was, or thought I was, one of the first to order and pay for the product. I promptly forgot about it considering announced frame between fabrication and actual shipping. The first indication I received that there was a problem was a public post listing myself and several others as not having paid. After a couple of what I think were cordial but factual pm's between the seller and myself lead to the discovery the somehow PayPal had screwed up. I was able to resolve the matter with PayPal and to avoid a repeat of funds being misapplied, I then paid the seller directly with a check.

My order is being processed accordingly and will get here when it gets here. Things happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without a doubt that would be the most professional way to handle any irregularity seller and buyer or vice versa. Regardless of how high or low tech the sellers operation may be, it is still money, and money is business and important to both the buyer and seller.

In my case I was, or thought I was, one of the first to order and pay for the product. I promptly forgot about it considering announced frame between fabrication and actual shipping. The first indication I received that there was a problem was a public post listing myself and several others as not having paid. After a couple of what I think were cordial but factual pm's between the seller and myself lead to the discovery the somehow PayPal had screwed up. I was able to resolve the matter with PayPal and to avoid a repeat of funds being misapplied, I then paid the seller directly with a check.

My order is being processed accordingly and will get here when it gets here. Things happen.
The reason I did this, is because you didn't return any of my emails. I was not singling you or anyone else out, I was just trying to find out whats going on. Nothing wrong with that is there? The reason why the transaction of funds was crossed was because the funds transfer got effed up and was sent to the wrong person, no big deal and its now sorted. ;)

The reason I did this, is because you didn't return any of my emails. I was not singling you or anyone else out, I was just trying to find out whats going on. Nothing wrong with that is there? The reason why the transaction of funds was crossed was because the funds transfer got effed up and was sent to the wrong person, no big deal and its now sorted. ;)
Didnt reply to any of your emails? Strange, this is the first time you have mentioned it.

Since you asked, a public message asking me or anyone else for that matter, to simply pm you, would have been more appropriate and gotten attention. It would also been consistent with the quote to which I originally replied in this thread.

Your right, it is no big deal. Just making an amends, which by definition, is to set the record straight.

Your smiley is noted. :)

Latest posts