A Solemn Anniversary

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
Yesterday marked the 3rd anniversary of my son Jordan's death in Ramadi, Iraq. Because of him and Cpl Jonathan Yale who also perished, 33 Marines, 20 Iraqi Police and countless Iraqi citizens continue to walk this earth.

So we never forget our men and women in uniform and the heavy price paid in blood......

LCpl Jordan C. Haerter, USMC July 30, 1988- April 22, 2008

Recipient of The Navy Cross For Extraordinary Combat Heroism

DSC_0083.jpg

Jordan and his cousin on top of the World Trade Center August 30, 2001. The attacks 2 weeks later set his course in life which ultimately led to his death.

JordanandJessieTradeCenter.jpg

Father and Son

CopyofDSC_0009.jpg

The Navy Cross

NavyCross.jpg

The Journey Home

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

RIP Jordan.........We Miss You Dearly

<I've just gotta get to Long Island...to visit Jordan and to see the Intrepid>

I think of Jordan every time I see or talk to a Marine...in or out of uniform

and of course, those superior sandwiches at Southside Cafe in Slidell, LA

5646463791_f17a9f03b0_z.jpg

the wall shots are at Southside Cafe...owned by the Day family...Mr. Day is a former Company Cmdr, Vietnam, Captain USMC, Silver Star Receipient

Last edited by a moderator:
Dayum Chris, I remember when you first posted that Jordan had joined the Marine Corps and was headed to Iraq. I remember posting that it took a lot of bravery for a son to join the military during a time of war, and a lot of bravery for his father to let him. I don't pray a lot...God and I have issues; but when I did pray, I always thought of Jordan.

Then you posted up about his death. I felt like an idiot sitting at my computer crying, and even now, I get teary eyed. I guess I think how our dad would have crumpled at the loss of Patch or me. I remember reading how you hurt, and I knew how proud you are of your son. You have every right, he is a hero!!

I always read your Jordan posts because, you are right; we should never forget the sacrifice being made by the families in this country, and that sacrifice should never be taken lightly.

I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm amazed at the strength of the two men I barely know. May God bless you and your family!

I grieve for him and all of our young men and women who died in a strange land far from home. I pray the day will come when such sacrifices will no longer be necessary. Then we can truly call ourselves civilized...

Thanks for reminding me again Chris. I remember the tears flowing down my face and the shock as I read of the death of your son. I was in shock and felt a deep sense of loss. That Memorial Day in 2008 I held up a big sign/poster with Jordan's picture and your letter on it at the parade. As dignitaries walked by they looked and others asked me about Jordan. I said I didn't know him...but I knew his Dad.

A year later, a few of us visited you out in Sag Harbor...Jordan's Bridge in the background

53.jpg

that was a special time as I got a chance to meet you, see the area, visit the cemetery...

33.jpg

30.jpg

and pay my respects to Jordan...

23.jpg

29.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris,

My apologies for the delayed response. The 22nd of April is marked on my calendar as a day to take pause. My I-I staff is in the middle of helping another family through the very same situation which took Jordan from us. We have lost to warriors hailing from Michigan in the past few days.

I cannot think of the right words which would make this day any easier, I cannot fathom being on the other side of the door when my boss, LtCol Steven White, is knocking, with us standing beside / behind him. Nothing can ever fill the void that exists in the lives Jordan touched.

I remember your initial posts of Jordan joining the Corps, and PM’s or emails between you and I while I was stationed at Parris Island. I will always remember to tone of your messages and how they were so full of the pride you had in Jordan.

I am glad that you are able to share, and more importantly, remind us of the sacrifice that has been made by Jordan (and Cpl Yale) on that day, the sacrifices made by your family, and this serves to reminds us of the sacrifices still being made today by our Warriors and the families of those Warriors who are forward deployed to the sharp edge of this nation’s sword. God Bless you, your family, and Jordan – who I will always remember as Lance Corporal Haerter; a fellow Marine, and a true American Hero.

He will live forever in our hearts, and in the heart of every Marine on post everywhere across the globe.

Semper Fidelis.

Latest posts