Add to your FJR Fabrication WishList

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellcreep

Reaction score
Down here in Texas, it is always a good idea to carry a gun. Legislation was passed that allows us to carry a gun in our car or motorcycle- vehicles are now considered part of the homestead.

I'm having a difficult time contemplating where to store loaded clips without risking a bullet-rupture in a crash situation.

I was brainstorming as to some sort of bulletproof container with a two-thumb release feature/requirement. Any ideas?

--hellcreep

Last edited by a moderator:
I am curious just what kind of situation you're expecting where you're going to need extra clips. Out here in California, everything's usually over pretty quick.

I just keep my extra clips in a holder , wrapped with a towel in my sidecase. If I need to re-load I likely will be using the bike as cover anyway...so no problem getting to them.

If I crash they are pretty well protected in there.

KM

Get a CCW and carry it on your body, which is what I do. Not really concerned about ammo going off, not real likely unless you are in a firey crash. AND BY THE WAY< FYI

clipmag.jpg

THANK YOU! (clips/mags arggggggh)

Get a double stack 45...14+1, or a hi cap 9mm with +p hollow points.

Put extra Mags anywhere you want, chances are you won't be reaching for them.

..ohh and Bless Texas! That is awesome.

Down here in Texas, it is always a good idea to carry a gun. Legislation was passed that allows us to carry a gun in our car or motorcycle- vehicles are now considered part of the homestead.I'm having a difficult time contemplating where to store loaded clips without risking a bullet-rupture in a crash situation.

I was brainstorming as to some sort of bulletproof container with a two-thumb release feature/requirement. Any ideas?

--hellcreep
Do you have a bill number or something? I had not heard about that happening yet.

Thanks for all the input, everyone!

I do not have a bill #. I'd heard it from a friend and asked my lawyer about it, which he confirmed. I will ask him for some legislation information next time I'm in his office (hopefully no time soon!). The NRA website should have some data as well.

When would I need a gun? When breaking down in certain parts of south Dallas, Oak Cliff, Houston. San Antonio or any of the border towns.

I also carry a first-aid kit, a tire mushroom-patcher and a 12v inflation device at all times.

Prescience over conscience,

The spice must flow!

--hellcreep

My first 45 was a Para p14..nice gun, till I tried a buddies handloads...split the barrel. After repair it was never right.

I wish I could find a holster I liked, tried all kinds still nothing useable. I suppose the fanny pack thing would be best, but you won't catch me wearing one.

fannypack.jpg

You know if i can`t drop a person with nine shots , i shouldn`t carry a gun. (and go work for wallmart) :rolleyes:

It was part of the 2005 castle law that defined legal transporting of a weapon to be

a) anytime you're not prohibited by law from owning a firearm (i.e. convicted felon) or

' B) partaking in a crime

was covered by legal transport definition of the previous law.

That said, the law also states that you're only authorized to use deadly force when a criminal enters your home or vehicle. I can't practically conceive how a person would enter your bike. Therefore, I don't see how you could legally ever use that weapon. If you feel you need it for personal safety, please go take the Concealed Handgun License course and you'll be perfectly legal to carry both on your person and on your bike. You'll also be educated with appropriate gun safety about when to use and when not to use a weapon.

I am curious just what kind of situation you're expecting where you're going to need extra clips. Out here in California, everything's usually over pretty quick.
Dude, they still got a lot of them indians down there; you dont want to get scalped in TX the direct sunlight on you exposed skull is a bear!

I just keep my extra clips in a holder , wrapped with a towel in my sidecase. If I need to re-load I likely will be using the bike as cover anyway...so no problem getting to them.If I crash they are pretty well protected in there.

KM
Geepers KM!

Latest posts