Alaska Leather?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airportcop

Reaction score
This may be a NEPRT but here goes. Can anyone tell me from their personal experiences how they like or dislike the Alaska Leather sheepskin seat covers? Thinking about buying one for front and pillion seats on the feejer. Thanks.

I like it! Keeps ya warmer in the winter & cooler in the summer! (I put some dr shoals gel pads under mine fer prressure points on me ass)

4628065085_38224fb1a5.jpg

Love mine. Helps keep the buns cool. Can't speak for the keeping warm factor... I got mine for Christmas and then put it in my closet and totally forgot about it until a few weeks ago. :D

Love mine as well!

I've ridden in the rain with it and the water just shakes out! These are high quality, simple and reasonably priced!

On my last ride, I added a Thermarest seat pad under it! Opened the air valve and put a very small amount of air in. Too much air and you float around. I think I paid 20 bucks for it at REI.

Alaska Leather?

works great

I have the medium Buttpad With Rubber Non-Skid Backing.

keep a watch on the the-Weekly-Specials sooner or later you can get what you want for 1/2 price of less. I think I paid $30 or so off of the special page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love mine and the misses Alaskin Sheep Skin Pad. Summer cool / Winter warm best of both worlds. I also cut an old gym pad to fit underneath. I have done a few 700 mile plus days with this setup. Yamaha comfort gel seat to go along with the pad.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Love mine and the misses Alaskin Sheep Skin Pad. Summer cool / Winter warm best of both worlds. I also cut an old gym pad to fit underneath. I have done a few 700 mile plus days with this setup. Yamaha comfort gel seat to go along with the pad.

Dave
Dave - Your pictures are AMAZING . . . you got a picture of a '08 FJR that you took in 2005 . . . it's like Back To The Future or something . . . how'd you do that?

I have a Sargent seat and even though it is a lot better than OEM, I needed some extra padding for my candy butt. Seems to work well so far. If you are looking for one, get the black one not the charcoal.

I got the charcoal as it is lighter in color and I thought it would be better in the summer as a good compromise between something which wouldn't retain/radiate head (as opposed to black color) and wouldn't get dirty. However, I do not think the black pads retain/radiate much heat at all and look a little better on your seat than the charcoal one.

P1000147.jpg