Anyone use these

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keone

Reaction score
I just ordered two of THESE I think I can make something that will work but just wanted to see if anyone had already invented the wheel....

thanks

Keone

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple thoughts. One member designed a helmet lock for Gen I bikes that secured under the driver saddle and worked well. Another figured out a way to lock the helmet (if I remember correctly) with a loop of wire through the saddlebag lock and out the top. And I think these particualr locks have been on a thread and discussed. Try a search.

Personally, I have never lived in a place where people have stolen a helmet from me. First, because my helmets aren't $500 and second because I put out good Karma (I hope). I worry more about my jacket when I don't want to carry it but don't want to wear it -- I end up carrying it a lot. But the locks look a little flimsy. Where were you thinking of attaching them?

I really need some helmet locks but haven't figured a place they can hang and not either get scratched or scratch the bike.

Post up if you figure a way.

Try here

or here

or search +helmet +lock

Also -- if you search -- Fred H. has a post on how to re-key the helmet guardian style to your Yamaha Ignition key -- I was able to do it -- I'm no locksmith, but it wasn't very hard.

EDIT: Added the re-key link to the 06-07 bin.

You could probably attach those JC Whitney locks to the license plate bracket or, as with the picture of the Guardian, the side of an after market luggage rack. They don't look very secure, but they would be better than just hanging your helmet off the bars.

I saw where someone figured out that you can actually slip the d ring of a helmet into the side bag latch and lock it on. I have been able to do that a couple of times with my Zeus, which has a flat stamped D ring, but it isn't easy to get it in there and lock it. You need three hands. I normally lock the helmet in my Givi or one of the side bags. If they are full then I carry it with me.

Personally, I have never lived in a place where people have stolen a helmet from me
Nor have I. I have left my helmet on a helmet hook in a mall parking lot and come back to find that some lowest of all low life :asshat: had put a fully loaded baby diaper in helmet. :grrr: :butcher:

My locksmith charged me $6/lock to rekey my Guardian Helmet Lock. At the time that I ordered my GHL there was an option for a standard key or a Yamaha key type lock. I don't think they offer that choice any more.

"Personally, I have never lived in a place where people have stolen a helmet from me."
Had my wife's helmet CUT off the bike in NH while in a store. Had to buy a new lid on a Saturday afternoon to get home (100 miles) so $400 later we were back on the road. :angry:

Those last 2 posts just warm the heart, don't they. Some jiz should just be left to run down the leg. :angry:

Nor have I. I have left my helmet on a helmet hook in a mall parking lot and come back to find that some lowest of all low life :asshat: had put a fully loaded baby diaper in helmet. :grrr: :butcher:
That's shitty. ;)

Seriously, that put you into a dangerous situation, since the helmet would be unwearable, and undoubtedly ruined it. But it's a great story. It's one of the more bizarre things I've heard about the crummy stuff that can happen out there.

I have a pair of those JC Whitney helmet locks mounted to the rear fender, above the license plate, on either side of the plate light. Works nicely and helmets do not contact exhausts.

I also relocated the red reflectors from near the plate to the sides of the fender near the same location and eliminated their bracket for a much cleaner look.