Apres NAFO Check-In

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I left Castlegar at 10:00 AM and arrived in Salem at 9:10 PM. Rain For the first thirty kilometers and then the weather continued to get better. I was only held up for ten minutes at the Danville crossing compared to what seemed an hour going in.

I rode on highway 21 to 395, 395 to highway 14 and then over the toll bridge at Hood River to I-84 and then home. Total distance only 550 miles.

I would like to thank Jeff for putting on a great Rally and all of the great people I met. That includes you too Randy. Hope to get a PM from some of you guys. I have a lot of names but cannot put them together with a handle, except for the classics such as Beemerdons,DCarver etc. thanks also to the group I rode to Castlegar with, especially for waiting for me at the customs crossing. Pablo, you are a true gentlemen. Wish I could be so nice.

Tyler, I went into Republic to get something to eat and saw your beautiful machine parked in the middle of town. I parked my bike and discovered there wasn't a restaurant in sight, only taverns. So I remounted and finally found a hamburger joint in Wilbur.

Met a lot of great people from all over the States and Canada. Most fun I have ever had at a rally. Hope I made a few friends and not too many enemies.

Home, after an unexpected layover in Abbotsford

House secure, cat MUCHO displeased with my absense

:blink:
So what was up with your your German quadracycle? Did it want a drink of factory schnapps before continuing across the pond?

So what was up with your your German quadracycle? Did it want a drink of factory schnapps before continuing across the pond?
Air Flow Sensor apparently

Coulda been worse LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrived home safely after running south from Danville on SR 21 to Cash Creek to SR 174 to Grand Coulee Dam and 70+ weather (stopped to remove layers) then SR 17 to SR 28 to Hwy 2 and finally home in Cashmere just after 12 pm. Saw Hudson gasing up in Cashmere on my way out of town to pick up the girls(dogs). He spun around when I honked but wasn't looking for a big blue Dodge Truck.

Saw Ray and wife heading out of Wenatchee on my way to work this morning. Farwestfasteddie was about 3 minutes behind them - so close but yet so far. :)

Witnessed Fred (juniorfjr) taking his mustang to the muffler shop at lunch.

Great times, great roads, and great people.

Thanks to Niehart, Hudson, and Panman for letting me tag along on two days of riding bliss.

Thanks to the Canucks for putting on a great event.

Air Flow Sensor apparently

Coulda been worse LOL
Your "Air Flow Sensor" would have been working fine if you rode your bike with your wind screen in the down position. :p

FJRGuy, Shakin, MEM and myself rolled into Calgary around 7 pm Sunday night. Kinda crappy until the other side of Cranbrook, then lovely weather through the Crowsnest followed by a "spirited" ride up 22 along the foothills to home plate. Duracell and Mrs Canucklehead rolled in a bit later with the rally van and trailer.

Great to see some old friends and make some new ones. Looking forward to next year!

Griff

Made it in about 6:00 PM , wet and tired. Wind all the way from the Columbia River to Bend.

See you folks in Eureka or here for a Reuben.

Still in Castlegar....made a day trip to Anisworth Hot Spring for a dip.

Talk is another 25 mm of rain for tomorrow... thunder showers tonight.

The one thing you can talk about but can't do a dam thing about it.

Oh, need to mention that Wabs is running great! Really enjoying the 'substitute' motobike! :yahoo:
Glad you listened to that "little voice" in your head. ;)

Tyler, I went into Republic to get something to eat and saw your beautiful machine parked in the middle of town. I parked my bike and discovered there wasn't a restaurant in sight, only taverns. So I remounted and finally found a hamburger joint in Wilbur.
Jer, sorry we missed you. There was a little diner across the street from where we parked that we had lunch at. The FJRay's wandered in just as we were finishing up. :)

Heading back to Kamloops today. 7am it looked promising, 7:30 pissing down :angry2:

Oh well, can't be any worse than yesterday. Got caught on the Salmo-Creston summit in a HAIL storm with nowhere to hide.

Strangely, the bike seems to enjoy rain - must be the dense air??

For some reason I can't upload to PhotoBucket from my Netbook? I'll share my pics tonight.

Thanks again for a good time.

Al.

my cat............on my chest..........where she has been since I got home

She doesn't like bike rallies LOL

Beeker1.jpg