Average age of FJR owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was just sitting here looking on the site thinking what would be the average age of the FJR owner. Could one of you survey guru's run a poll???. I would imagine most owners would be in there late 40's or early 50's but that's aguess mind you. I'm 52yrs.

gazza
Got the FJR at 37, I turn 40 tomorrow.....I would have loved a ZX9 or ZX14, but my back just couldn't take it. I might still get a GSXR or something later, just for quick runs to the store for milk...hehe.

Was just sitting here looking on the site thinking what would be the average age of the FJR owner. Could one of you survey guru's run a poll???. I would imagine most owners would be in there late 40's or early 50's but that's aguess mind you. I'm 52yrs.

gazza
Got the FJR at 37, I turn 40 tomorrow.....I would have loved a ZX9 or ZX14, but my back just couldn't take it. I might still get a GSXR or something later, just for quick runs to the store for milk...hehe.
Or some beer from Rancho Liquors???? :yahoo: :yahoo:

...The FJR was, literally, my car when I still lived in CA (and still is out in Ohio as long as it's not icy)...
As long as you're in Ohio, do SE Ohio for a fun weekend. You may already have encountered this little gem...but just thought I would mention it, just in case.

Search in the midwest section for for past mentions of the Ohio Ramble, SE Ohio Ramble, etc.

PM me if you want more information on that corner of your new state.
Oh yes, I meandered down there a couple times, spent a weekend in Hocking Hills and the surrounding roads and took OH-555 all the way down and a couple others on a random Tuesday afternoon. I need more time to really ride through that area and sneak into other parts of WV and Northern KY.

I'm 58 but my wife say's I'm going on 12! been riding for 43 years and this is my 37th bike (I'm a sick man).

Gary
Thirty-seven bikes? Would be nice if that was all at the same time. :lol:

People with lots of shoes are often compared to the likes of Imelda Marcos. I wonder who we motorcyclists are compared to when we have that many bikes...

True...this is my 3rd FJR...2 ST1100's, 2 ST1300's, 3 1800 Goldwings...you would think I'd make my mind up sometime!

Well, we've added 28 more FJR owners on this "poll" since October. This latest bunch of young whippersnappers is averaging 47.75 years of age!

Thus, the new overall average of 149 respondents is a younger, nimbler group of.... drumroll..... 48.9 years.

Personally, I do feel .2 years younger than in October. But wait, we should add 5 months to all the first group who posted by October.... oh never mind. Fuzzy math.

And the guy who posted that there are two 19-year olds on the forum having birthdays, you better not let the wife catch you with them. If they would post, I could add them. Otherwise, it is hearsay, and would nullify this highly scientific endeavor unless they post or PM me directly.... :agent:

This ought to raise the average a bit. I am 75 yrs old and I begin riding when I was 16 . Had a Whizzer bike.

Mac
Neat that you mentioned that. New show on the Discovery Channel (I think) called "Auction Kings." Last week, somebody brought in an old Whizzer bike to sell. Went for about $2,500, IIRC. They said the company sold a motor and gas tank you could bolt onto your own Schwinn or whatever, and later began making complete motorized bicycles. Here's a pic. Cool stuff.

1948_Whizzer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my first bike (2002 V Star 1100 with 20,000 miles on it) three years ago at the age of 52. I've put about 12,000 on it. I'm picking up my 2005 FJR with 11,000 miles on it tomorrow at 55. I hope to be riding for many many more years.

I'm 64 and this is my first shaftie. First bike was a 1967 Triumph TR6R bought my last year in the army. Followed with a Honda 550 in college. Thirty years and a divorce later I bought a H-D Fatboy, traded two years later for a Honda VFR. Bought my present ride in 2008. I've never cared for black, but I hear it's this year's bad ass color. I'd still rather have silver.

I turned 66 in December, got my first bike at 15, a Barnett! It was in several boxes and really just complete junk. I got the darn thing back together and running and a couple days afterward was buzzing up & down the driveway! I remember hearing my mother bitching my father out about allowing me to buy it....he said, "Jesus Rita, I never thought he'd get it running!" :lol:

That was the start of my long love affair with "2-wheeled madness"...which continues to this day!

I turned 66 in December, got my first bike at 15, a Barnett! It was in several boxes and really just complete junk. I got the darn thing back together and running and a couple days afterward was buzzing up & down the driveway! I remember hearing my mother bitching my father out about allowing me to buy it....he said, "Jesus Rita, I never thought he'd get it running!" :lol:
That is CLASSIC! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whipper Snapper, here.

39 years young.

220 miles on my 2010. The sun hasn't shown much face here in the Pac NW,... except on the days I have to work <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm one of the young guys bringing that average age downward... 28. First bike was an 03 v-star which I modified quite a bit with the help of my father and was fun... but no good after about 40 miles. I wanted something more comfortable and fun to ride that I could do real miles on. Enter the FJR! Blue Ridge Parkway coming this summer!

This should raise the average. I'm 75, started riding when I was 15 on a Whizzer bike.

Mac

Rode all of my friends bikes as a kid and then my younger brothers in my early 20's. Finally got my licence at 24 and began my road riding on an 83 V45 Magna, loved it.

Haven't been without a ride since then.

Bought my 08 new in May of that year after almost 3 years of salivating over a friends 05.

Notched 41 tics on the calendar of life this past October.

OK, I'll play too. 53 at this point in time. Bought the FJR when I was 48. Started riding when I was 11 on a Honda 50. There have been 5 other Yamaha's under the butt since '77'.

And another thing...I still can't figure out why the FJR wants to go 80 mph every time I get on it!

First ride was a Cushman Eagle @ age 9. Bought a Harley 250cc Sprint @ 16 and Triumph Bonneville 2 years later. Now age 60......FJR for last 6 years.

I'm in: 49, just bought a new '10 leftover, sold my '05 2 yrs ago & could remain Feejless no more!