Average age of FJR owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just purchased a 2009 FJR in April and Im 23!

cant see the world in an r1.. next best thing FJR! :rolleyes:

42, same story as a number of folks... rode when I was younger (a Kawasaki Eliminator 900), took a break for kids, bought a VTX and kept dragging pegs in the twisties, did some research and got the FJR... LOVE IT.

How 'bout 67?

Been riding since long before electronic ignition & fuel injection.

The FJR beats a Triumph Daytona any day.

45 , riding since i was 11 on a honda sl 70 .....bought a Nighthawk 700 s new in 85, Fell in love with

inline fours......marriage......Divorce......marriage........Awesome wife wanted an FJR 1300 IN 04 (for an 05) ......

40,000 miles later we LOVE this ride ...... :)

Ray

just celebrated the 18th anniversary of my 29th birthday

started riding when I got too scared to be a pillion ('06).

Some say I have control issues..................meh

:p

I started ridng rather late in life, when I was 35, and been riding for almost 37 years....so you do the math. :unsure:

52 here too, but had my FJR since I was 44 so I made a mature decision then ! Being 6'4" tall means I needed a sporty bike, but too tall for sports bike (even the Kawasaki ZX-12R which is the closest thing I've seen to a chain driven FJR without luggage). I've been riding road bikes continually since 1979 & love Australia's deserted country roads.... :rolleyes:

Incidentally, the FJR will keep pace with an R1 up to about 120kph (let's assume 'good' riders here). The R1 only buggers off when the engine gets into the top of it's rev range.

69, and like it says in the Sig line: "Living the Dream, One Day at a Time"

Hopefully for many more years to make up for the 30 year hiatus I was silly enough to endure!

This is the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

Don

<!--quoteo(post=767797:date=Jul 27 2010, 12:49 AM:name=gazza)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gazza @ Jul 27 2010, 12:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=767797"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->One day while surfing the net i just happened to run into the FJR and to be quite honest bought the bike purely on looks. To me the FJR was a stunner. I just had to have it....these are brilliant bikes... a great choice cause this is one hell of a ride.

Gazza 52<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Gazza, Very interesting perspectives. The bike really is a beaut and I still get lots of compliments totally unsolicited. I'm always glad to go for a ride (age 57), long or short, fast or twisty or commute. A <b>most versatile </b>road bike. And a stunner!

Last edited by a moderator:
50 yrs old here, been riding since 2004, Took it up after my 2nd divorce. outgrew Vespas and Maxi Scooters, sat on the fence for almost 2 years and almost bought a Harley., Then narrowed it down to a sport tour, almost bought a Moto Guzzi Norge but coudnt find something reasonable., came across the FJR and was hooked on its lines, reliability and popularity. My Gen1 still looks new and it serves me well. DR

Was just sitting here looking on the site thinking what would be the average age of the FJR owner. Could one of you survey guru's run a poll???. I would imagine most owners would be in there late 40's or early 50's but that's aguess mind you. I'm 52yrs.gazza
Haar is 60.5. Ran into a guy on the Parkway 3 yrs. ago, he was 82 and on his way to Texas chicken picnic.

Latest posts