"Barbarian jumper mod" on Aussie FJR's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tropical Bird

Reaction score
Hello all

I understand that the Australian and Euro FJR's do not need the "Barbarian jumper mod" to enable rider adjustment of the mixtures.

A question for Aussie owners:

Have you done the mod, and if so, what are your impressions?

Thanks

The mod only allows us US folks the ability to adjust our CO settings (you Euro and Aussie folds already have that ability). So I assume you are asking if any of your Euro or Aussie counterparts have done the CO adjustments, and not whether or not any of them have tried the Barbarian mod on a bike that didn't need it in the first place, right?

I think you'll find that the Euro folks are the reason it is all the rage here because of the results (smoother feel, etc).

Last edited by a moderator:
The mod only allows us US folks the ability to adjust our CO settings. So I assume you are asking if any of your Euro or Aussie counterparts have done the CO adjustments, and not whether or not any of them have tried the Barbarian mod on a bike that didn't need it in the first place, right?
I think you'll find that the Euro folks are the reason it is all the rage here because of the results.
Yes, sorry - that's what I meant - have they adjusted their settings....

The mod only allows us US folks the ability to adjust our CO settings. So I assume you are asking if any of your Euro or Aussie counterparts have done the CO adjustments, and not whether or not any of them have tried the Barbarian mod on a bike that didn't need it in the first place, right?
I think you'll find that the Euro folks are the reason it is all the rage here because of the results.

Is that right? gee I better go back and change my CO settings to factory then....

TBird yes you can change them and yes it made a substantial difference...smoother, harder, faster...

Cheers

Ok Delete above (even though I did do the mod!) but how do you do it without the jumper? Didn't know you could?

Cheers

Is that right? gee I better go back and change my CO settings to factory then....

TBird yes you can change them and yes it made a substantial difference...smoother, harder, faster...

Cheers
Thug, I think you need to reread the post. I think that you misunderstood what was said.

I think you'll find that the Euro folks are the reason it is all the rage here because of the results (smoother feel, etc).

Cheers
Yes that's right! :) I edited my original post to make it more clear, we are in agreement as to the results....

Cheers
Yes that's right! :) I edited my original post to make it more clear, we are in agreement as to the results....
So Pony lets go R E A L Slow because I am a bit of a twit. From reading the above posts I didn't need to perfrom the Barb Jumper Mod to start with on my 05 Aussie beastie? I could have just pushed the buttons as per jumper instructions? Or is there another trick to be had?

Cheers

So Pony lets go R E A L Slow because I am a bit of a twit. From reading the above posts I didn't need to perfrom the Barb Jumper Mod to start with on my 05 Aussie beastie? I could have just pushed the buttons as per jumper instructions? Or is there another trick to be had?
Cheers
Yes, it is my understanding from everything I have read that the Euro and Aussie FJR's didn't lock out the ability to just push the buttons to make the adjustments, only the US FJR's did. So the short answer to your question is, no, you don't have to do the Barbarian jumper mod on an Aussie FJR. Now, I'll remind you, I am no expert, this is only from all of the reading I have done on this topic, and I have been wrong before.

The only thing the Barbarian jumper mod does is that it gives US spec bikes the same ability to do what the Euro and Aussie bikes were already able to do.

In fact, I believe it was because of the Aussie and/or Euro bike's ability to make those CO changes that inspired the guy to create the Barbarian jumper mod in the first place.

From what I have read the mod was directed toward the 06 model to get the motor/idle smoother & throttle response better.

The Aussie 06 model doesn't seem to suffer from the same problems that the US model does.