BBG Hell Week - Mission Complete!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Eric... how ya doin'? Loooooong time since we gave free rein to our '03s!!!

(still got that yellow jkt?)

Found the post below on S.T.N., Warchild's own acknowledgement so figures now make sense.

again, a "cranium crunching" endeavor!

also... this is an interesting chart. Only place 75 mph is legit is on rural Interstate

https://www.iihs.org/laws/state_laws/speed_limit_laws.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: The stuff of legends.

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2007, 09:31:01 am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: DNA on August 01, 2007, 08:52:00 am

Spectacular job. I am impressed, humbled, and strangely intreagued at the same time.

Question: Do you think a similar feet would be possible on the eastern 1/2 of the country where WFO across the high desert is not a realistic option?

Well now, one should note I only had to maintain a 63.4 mph average for the week....

But realistically, I think such an undertaking would not be successful without the proper riding environment. The reason I was successful - the only reason - is that I was able to get a solid 4 to 4.5 hours of sleep every night. Which means you need to finish these runs in 19-ish hours. Now, that's about a 78-79mph average, which is readily do-able with the 75-mph posted speed limits in Nevada.

But that's a lot more problematic on typical eastern roadways. I know, as I grew up in the East and the South, spent many years there.

Which is why I live out West nowadays....

Quote from: 1KPerDay on August 01, 2007, 09:27:51 am

I assume you never exceeded the posted speed limit?

"Senator, I do not recall exceeding the posted speed limit."

« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 09:33:19 am by Warchild » Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Warchild

Admin, fjrforum.com & cbrxx.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Eric... how ya doin'? Loooooong time since we gave free rein to our '03s!!!(still got that yellow jkt?)
Still have it, but don't wear it except for a back up. Shortly after that day I bought a Black Darien and have been in stealth mode ever since.

Your '03, my '04. Remember I didn't even have a plate that day. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came across this thread and had to say that this is the most amazing ride that I have ever heard of. Congratulations! You must be made of steel.

:good: [SIZE=18pt]x 1100[/SIZE]
Not to be an :asshat: because I agree with your sentiment, but 1100 is still, um, 1. Now, 10100, that's pretty big.

Nonetheless, an awesome achievement, Warchild. I missed all this early on, and found it while looking for more IBR posts.

Dale, amazing accomplishment. I love when someone says 'it can't be done', and then someone else goes and does it. Congrats to you and your team.