BBG Hell Week - Mission Complete!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am an internal optimist I look at the bright side and the postive. If it wasn't for finding out about the ticker and pursuing it and getting Yamaha to under stand it, where would the FJR bee?

IMHOP it is people like this that do the most service for a company like Yamaha to learn about mechanical problems or of any kind and address the issue and correct the problem with their engineering staff.

What would be beter than to be home and watching T.V. and an advertisement come into view and there be

War Child next to a new 2008 FJR getting ready to mount that stead and heading off to the 2008 FJR convention in CO.

Simply put, awesome and I want his autograph :clapping: :)

weekend rider

You got a ticket for 5 over???

I'll find you at WFO and we'll talk. That's nuckin' futs IMO!

CONGRATS THOUGH! That was an awesome accomplishment!

AWESOME DALE!!

When I saw you at WFO getting your shoulder worked on by Ironmaiden you looked like you had been run thru a wringer!

Sheesh- little did I know...

Enjoy that sack time!

:lazy3:

It was probably a ticket for '5 over', you know, 'wink wink nudge nudge' write the real number somewhere else on the ticket & circle it, happens all the time here ...

Just for my own curiosity and attempt at higher math...
That's 10636 miles divided by

167.5 hours (6@24, plus 23.5)

= 63.5 mph overall average over (7) days. Holy shit!

Very nice Warchild, very nice.
With at least some sleep time and gas stops, I calculate an average moving speed of about 75 Mph and I would suggest a good deal higher in places.

I've completed 7 IBA rides including a Trans Canada Quest (3600 miles in 85 hours) and Two Trans Canada Golds ( one in 71 hours and one in 74 hours - the last one yet to be submitted). People often ask me "Why ?". I can only reply. "To each his own and the challenges presented". But even I can't see the point in this ride. I've asked a number of my fellow riders who've also done many IBA rides and they can't see the point either.

Been off the board for a few weeks, so I"m late getting to the party, but I want to add my BIG congrats to you WC! An excellent plan well executed. Major props to you and Brian. I'll be looking for updates here and on your website.

Craig

[but even I can't see the point in this ride. I've asked a number of my fellow riders who've also done many IBA rides and they can't see the point either./quote]

Sooo.....what's your point? I asked several friends of mine on internet forums and they couldn't see the point of your post either. :lol:

Warchild I wouldn't know you if I fell over you, But damn man thats some serious riding. Congrats on completing your mission.

Welp, that's the second LD feat I've read about on FJRForum in the last year or so that I don't think will ever be eclipsed. The first was SkoooterG's record rom 2006.

Amazing.

Congrats.

Welp, that's the second LD feat I've read about on FJRForum in the last year or so that I don't think will ever be eclipsed. The first was SkoooterG's record rom 2006.
Amazing.

Congrats.
Thanks, Ari!

Good to see you posting.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing.

Congrats.
+1 on that.

Having managed a measly single BBG and remembering how I felt at the end of it, I was always convinced nobody could do more than 3 back to back. WRONG!

Amazing.

Congrats.
Thanks, Ari!

Good to see you posting.....
Yeah, well, there are some things you just don't let got by. I still can't get over what you did. I'm just completely floored. Hell of a job!

I have been moving house for the last week and just now see you have raised the LDR bar to a new level. Man, did you have to raise it so high? Good on you Dale. I am sure the stories at WFO have been colourful as always. ;) So a few technical questions. In that heat you must have been drinking alot of water/gatorade or the like. Did you use a stadiumbuddy? and if so how did you feel after 7 days? a bit tender I'd assume. Did you use a cooling vest under you mesh jacket? Oh and probably most important, what did you listen to? Tunes MP3's or XM sat radio or just that little voice in the back of your head?

Whatever, you are the man!

Just for my own curiosity and attempt at higher math...
That's 10636 miles divided by

167.5 hours (6@24, plus 23.5)

= 63.5 mph overall average over (7) days. Holy shit!

Very nice Warchild, very nice.
You're quite observant.....and must realize, as I, that he was well within the posted speed limits of states like Nevada at all times....with a comfortable margin to spare. ;)

A very unfathomable feat for sure, to be commended but the real math, with 4 1/2 hrs. sleep at each days end (6 nites=27 hrs), 6 daily 1/2 hr. total momentary-fuel and whatever stops ???= (3 more hrs.), so subtract 30 hrs. which puts the avg. speed closer to 78 mph, (above all posted speed limits). Just a reality check here, not a flame. The above math assumes he never got off the bike in all 7 days. Will I.B.A. figure in these factors to legitamize the run? Whatever the outcome, a deep, respectful congrats on such a Herculean task !!! :clapping:

again.., this is in no way an attempt to discredit the run, just checking the data.

6 daily 1/2 hr. total momentary-fuel and whatever stops ???= (3 more hrs.),<snip>

again.., this is in no way an attempt to discredit the run, just checking the data.
If you're just checking the data, factor in 21 gallons of on board fuel, and two gas stops in progress, with a fill at the start of each day to begin the documented day, another fill 500 miles later, and a final fill at the 1k mark, arriving back at base on a low tank each day. And I've seen WC gas & go, even with 21 gallons, 1/2 an hour is a luxury he doesn't always need. ;)

Still, your 'average' is not too far off, if a tad low...