"Beachy" hit a deer this morning!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normie

Reaction score
He's in the ER right now w/ broken ribs/collar bone/shoulder. Spoke w/ him a little while ago as he was going into MRI and he said he's OK but the bike, not so much. He laughed and quipped that I shouldn't have quit deer hunting. His wife sent me a cell pix of bike (standing up) and dead deer in foreground, but don't know how to upload here. Beachy's my cousin and we just sold our Connie's and bought FJR's. He just got his on the road last week. Bet he'd like to hear from you.

He's in the ER right now w/ broken ribs/collar bone/shoulder. Spoke w/ him a little while ago as he was going into MRI and he said he's OK but the bike, not so much. He laughed and quipped that I shouldn't have quit deer hunting. His wife sent me a cell pix of bike (standing up) and dead deer in foreground, but don't know how to upload here. Beachy's my cousin and we just sold our Connie's and bought FJR's. He just got his on the road last week. Bet he'd like to hear from you.
Glad he's (relatively) ok. Bikes can be replaced...and there's plenty of FJRs out there to choose from right now :)

On the bright side, with the arctic blast we're getting right now, at least he's not missing out on any riding weather!

Tell Beachy that we are glad that he fared better than the deer. I assume that he lives in CO also, and we have more than our fair share of the forest rats. And in CO, they are rather large. Now, he can "upgrade" to a Gen II(that ought to liven up this thread). :p

i live in nc normie knows because he is my cousin 4 broken ribs fractured shoulder blade 1 messed up fjr 1 naging wife 1 dead deer but im breathing so praise the Lord and pass the repair parts out of comission for 6 to 8 weeks shoie did a fine job hard wack to the noggin. stupid deer jumped off bank right in front of me 0 time to react oh well morphine is wearing off gotta go thanks for the thinking of me

Any down you can talk about is a good down. Speedy recovery.

sidenote. Phroenips, great avatar. I didn't realize there was another C&H fan on here. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Beachy, this just blows! Damn I hate to read of farggin' forest rats jumping out.

I even googled mapped Concord last week when you guys were talking about riding this time of year just to see the what it looked like around there. Deer country - just like here.

I hope the meds are working for you. Heal fast!

Had a few close calls with the deer around here, 1 similar to yours Beachy but he jumped clear over me ! Glad you're able to type about it.

Whine like a baby and get some good meds from the Doc !

i live in nc normie knows because he is my cousin 4 broken ribs fractured shoulder blade 1 messed up fjr 1 naging wife 1 dead deer but im breathing so praise the Lord and pass the repair parts out of comission for 6 to 8 weeks shoie did a fine job hard wack to the noggin. stupid deer jumped off bank right in front of me 0 time to react oh well morphine is wearing off gotta go thanks for the thinking of me
First, we all hate to read this kind of report but are relieved about the prognoxix.

Second...Really Old Michael is absolutely correct! Morphine does bad things in your intestinal tract while it works magic for pain management.

Seriously....ask for stool softeners if they aren't already giving them to you.

I've had some of the injuries you posted here and the recovery is "interesting". Once you are released and go home, you'll want to sleep in a recliner rather than trying to lay flat on a bed. Ttrust me, I KNOW....more than once...or even twice! :dribble: Fractured shoulder blade...piece of cake. :rolleyes:

Nagging wife...well,. YOU asked her to marry and YOU had the incident and YOUR phone call and injuries have scared the bejesus out of her. What do you expect, roses? :huh:

Use the morphine plunger...you need to sleep so your body can rest. That will aid in the healing process.

Heal quickly and well. Then worry about fixing or replacing the FJR with another Superior Gen I. ;)

4 broken ribs - ouch!

If you need to cough, grab a big pillow and bear hug it while coughing. It will help support the bones and be a bit less painful.

Don't ask me how I know.
wink.gif

Heal quickly.

Brodie

Sending positive thoughts your way. Hope you heal quickly and completely. Sorry, thats a crappy way to end the year but sounds like it could have been a lot worse.

What an attention whore you are Beachy! Not even a member here for a month and look at the stunt you go and pull just to get a little notariety around here! Sheeeesh! The lengths some will go to!

Glad you are still with us. The start of 2011 ain't gonna be a fun one for you. I don't envy you at all.

All the positive mojo I can muster I am sending your way. Heal quickly my FJR brother.

Last edited by a moderator: