Been too long, still a GREAT motorcycle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robfilms

Reaction score
i have not been on this forum in too too long.

i am pleased to see that the forum and it's wealth of knowledge and resources still exists.

thank you to those who were holding down the fort.

as many, COVID 2020 really kept me off my 2013 fjr1300.

but since my vaccination, i have been doing my best to rack up seat hours and miles.

and that leaves me now coming back to this forum because with time back riding, i find myself still so darn pleased with this motorcycle.

yup, looks a little stodgy in places, especially the dash.

and yup, has an "old man" vibe (i'm 66yrs!).

but you can fast, or you can go long, or you can load up or you can do any combo of the three.

because. to me, this is still a GREAT motorcycle.

thumbs up.

stay well.

rob

Same situation here. My hiatus was caused by the purchase of a Dodge Challenger that is so much fun to drive. And moving.... Bought a new battery and checked the bike over completely. Went for a ride. Wow, what a machine. Been riding to work everyday since. 1 hour 15 minutes one way. I read a few posts about getting older and moving to a different machine. (I'm 61). I don't have any issues yet so the FJR is staying. Then again, while the '07 Black Cherry is a great bike, one of the latest models is appealing......

What a great machine! I got behind an overworked SUV pulling a large boat and about 6 cars Friday going 30-45 miles an hour on a 2 lane state highway. For miles. The "slinky" effect almost got me rear ended twice. Nobody would pass. I finally got a safe opportunity. 3rd gear cured all my problems at once.

Enjoy the ride, Dave

After doing my level best to bond with two different Gold Wings, at two different times of my little life, I recently sold my 2017 Wing and bought a 2016 FJR, A Model cultivar.  

Cue "Back in Baby's Arms" by Patsy Cline. 

It's so nice.

That said, I should have never parted with my 2005, 2013 or 2014 FJRs. 

I specialize in learning things the hard way, every time. 

Happy riding. 

Covid and job changes cut our long distance trips dramatically and the MT10 I bought in November seems to get all my attention. But I got up at sunrise and took the FJR out this morning and had a blast. I let her know she's still my favorite.