Big Bear and Rim of the World

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barry,

Was that a ride I missed ???

Dayyam.....and I just gave up smokin', boots and boas

I'm soo jealous :jealoussmiley:

WW's FJR

Last edited by a moderator:
You girls need to ride further :p hour & half ride then lunch ????????????
Man, that is my DREAM ride! After lunch, a 40-minute ride followed by a 45-minute break. :yahoo:

JB

President

East Bay Chapter

Candy Butt Association

P.S. Have fun and be safe!
I'm sure (if Barry wanted to), he could attach a few more twisty kinda miles and we could return Hwy 18 via Lake Gregory, Crestline and Lake Silverwood to Cajon junction on the 15.

just to burn off that Carnitas platter or menudo.

WW's FJR

You girls need to ride further :p hour & half ride then lunch ????????????
Man, that is my DREAM ride! After lunch, a 40-minute ride followed by a 45-minute break. :yahoo:

JB

President

East Bay Chapter

Candy Butt Association

P.S. Have fun and be safe!
I'm sure (if Barry wanted to), he could attach a few more twisty kinda miles and we could return Hwy 18 via Lake Gregory, Crestline and Lake Silverwood to Cajon junction on the 15.

just to burn off that Carnitas platter or menudo.

WW's FJR

Larry sent to me a route that adds a few more miles of twisty fun. He will throw it up here shortly. I am game for more fun.

Thanks to Barry for his computer skills or this image

would not have ever happened...........

As an option....... it is possible to extend this ride to the Cajon Junction

on Hwy 15 making it even more twisty adventure. The Cedar Glen Malt Shop

in Lake Arrowhead is another diversion to good burgers, sandwiches and real malts

just for future reference. I'm all over Barry's La Montana Mexicana pick for a

first choice lunch on this ride.

So what do you think. Too much ??

WW's FJR

Rim-of-the-World.jpg

Yeah, the Iron Butt Rally has inspired me- maybe we should add those 30 extra miles on!!! LOL.

Barry,

If it’s alright with you, I would like to tag along at the back of your group, as I will not be wearing ATGATT. To many years riding Harleys and I haven’t purchased a mesh jacket yet. Keep planning on a trip to San Marcos for gear but keep putting it off.

Before you decide if it’s ok for me to join you, I want to let you know that I may have to bring a friend of mine along that rides an ST1300.

Also an FYI for the group,

Last Saturday I was coming down from Hesperia on the stretch of road that you will be taking to the 15 FWY, if you opt for the extended route, and there were a couple of places with a lot of sand in the road. This should not be a problem as long as everyone is aware. They are installing a new railroad rail line along there and the sand/gravel trucks were evidently making a lot of trips in there.

Jim

Barry,

If it’s alright with you, I would like to tag along at the back of your group, as I will not be wearing ATGATT. To many years riding Harleys and I haven’t purchased a mesh jacket yet. Keep planning on a trip to San Marcos for gear but keep putting it off.

Before you decide if it’s ok for me to join you, I want to let you know that I may have to bring a friend of mine along that rides an ST1300.

Last Saturday I was coming down from Hesperia on the stretch of road that you will be taking to the 15 FWY, if you opt for the extended route, and there were a couple of places with a lot of sand in the road. This should not be a problem as long as everyone is aware. They are installing a new railroad rail line along there and the sand/gravel trucks were evidently making a lot of trips in there.

Jim
Barry lets do the extra 3o miles. send me the new route when you get a chance.

And Jim we will see you in Redlands.

Richard

Fresh gear acquired, no more thin cotton shirt/pants and tennis shoes...woot! See you guys by 10:15a (our Navy project is expected to wrap up around 3:30a, so plenty of time to nap and leave by 8a. I'd also like the updated route file, plz. Many thx.

EDIT: Lesson learned from July's ride - I don't care how fast you guys go (I'll probably try to keep up at times), but I'm pulling over now and then to take pics, so plan some stop/collection points along the way if you want. Looks like there aren't too many options to take wrong turns though...

Barry,

Jim
Glad if you and your friend want to join us!!

I'm up for a nice ride tomorrow...........the weather channel has

it posted at 78 degrees and cloudy but I'm thinking August is

always August, warm/hot so I'm bringing lots of water. :yahoo:

Barry, load the route into your Zumo GPS because I trust your's

more than mine.

See ya'll tomorrow morning.

WW's FJR

Send me the route for the Zumo, Please. Sounds like a good trip. What route is everybody taking from HB? Will you be going up the 15north or the 91East. Maybe I could hook up with the group on the way to Chevron.

Send me the route for the Zumo, Please. Sounds like a good trip. What route is everybody taking from HB? Will you be going up the 15north or the 91East. Maybe I could hook up with the group on the way to Chevron.
No have your email address. PM me with it.

Back in Tarzana.

Thanks to all for a wonderful ride. Special thanks to Barry for organizing the day and to TurboDave for the guide service to the locals' route to Wrightwood.

Just got in, will post pics and video later. Looks like I missed a turn somewhere, didn't see anybody gathered near it like on other rides, so I guess I flew right by it. When I realized I had goofed, I decided to turn for home, but then changed again and headed for the coast. I rode the coast the whole way down and enjoyed the evening.

Thanks all for a great time.

EDIT: I added my pics and vids to the ride report that Barabus started. Clicky here