Big Bear and Rim of the World

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barabus

Reaction score
Time to go to Big Bear and Rim of the World- Saturday 8/25/07

Since people may come from the South (San Deigo) and from the North (Santa Barbara) and the West (OC, LA) I am picking a central meeting point at:

Redlands Chevron

120 The Terrace

Redlands, CA 92374

909-792-9112

Kick Stands up at 10:30 AM Saturday 8/25/07

Lunch at noon :

La Montana

42164 Moonridge Rd

Big Bear Lake, CA 92315

909-866-2606

The route is twisty and somewhat advanced so it is a common destination ride- ride your own pace. Remember Larry Crystal got seriously hurt on this same route.

Redlands-Big-Bear-and-ROTW.jpg

PM me with your email if you want to have the Garmin .gdb3 file emailed to you.

Thanks for organizing this. I'm there with much appreciation.

toecutter: I'll bring the rotor if you're coming

Fairlane: I'll get that shield from you if you're coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for organizing this. I'm there with much appreciation.
toecutter: I'll bring the rotor if you're coming

Fairlaner: I'll get that shield from you if you're coming.
at this point it looks like i will be there.

R

If Andy (DH) rides instead of me, does he have to ride my FJR? :) He's been doing a great job with the housework lately, and deserves a good day out with some fun people.

Perhaps his K1200S might be able to keep up with the FJR's?

Jill

Dang-it! I'm working Saturday. Keeeerap! Have fun and be safe! I don't want to visit another friend in the hospital...

If Andy (DH) rides instead of me, does he have to ride my FJR? :) He's been doing a great job with the housework lately, and deserves a good day out with some fun people.Perhaps his K1200S might be able to keep up with the FJR's?Jill
I feel for Andy- so many choice with NINE bikes. He should bring whatever he wants to bring. Maybe we can head out together since we only live a couple blocks from each other?
Dang-it! I'm working Saturday. Keeeerap! Have fun and be safe! I don't want to visit another friend in the hospital...
Work Sunday and ride Saturday?

Lunch at noon :
You girls need to ride further :p

hour & half ride then lunch ????????????

Hell Kaitsdad is riding to Idaho just for a chiliburger....you might want to take lessons ! :D
Judging by Hal's last 2 rides my guess is lunch in Reno or somewhere close.

Richard

If Andy (DH) rides instead of me, does he have to ride my FJR? :) He's been doing a great job with the housework lately, and deserves a good day out with some fun people.
Perhaps his K1200S might be able to keep up with the FJR's?

Jill
You know...it just warms the heart to see Andy jumping in on rides. So glad to see stuff like this :)

Lunch at noon :
You girls need to ride further :p

hour & half ride then lunch ????????????

Hell Kaitsdad is riding to Idaho just for a chiliburger....you might want to take lessons ! :D
Yeah, but it is 100 miles to the meeting point for some. 100 miles of twisties and then 100 home. 300 miles is about right for Candy Butt riders! Plus I set it late so some of you NorCal guys could come down and ride Rim of the World!

Yeah, but it is 100 miles to the meeting point for some. 100 miles of twisties and then 100 home. 300 miles is about right for Candy Butt riders! Plus I set it late so some of you NorCal guys could come down and ride Rim of the World!
More like 290 from my place, so a 700 mile outing. Sounds like a hoot though. I'll run it up the flagpole and see if the wind takes it....

More like 290 from my place, so a 700 mile outing. Sounds like a hoot though. I'll run it up the flagpole and see if the wind takes it....
Hey Bob, I could promise that we don't have any Jackalopes that run in front of your bike down in SoCal! No deer either (well almost none- knock on wood or my head).!

Certainly sounds like a great ride. My plans are travel-dependent at the moment and the travel is in a state of flux.

I will make the ride if I can. Do we need chains?

Barry,

I'll putt over to your adobe around 8:45 AM.

It's been awhile since I've done the Big Bear Loop

so it should be fun. Just lead me to the food

and I'll be fine.

WW's FJR

Larry

Barry, I'll putt over to your adobe around 8:45 AM.

It's been awhile since I've done the Big Bear Loop

so it should be fun. Just lead me to the food

and I'll be fine.

WW's FJR

Larry
Very cool. I'm counting something along the lines of 8 intendings and a couple others that sounded supportive but didn't really indicate one way or another. I'll be on a software rollout the night before at the Navy base on Coronado, but just finished the final schedule and see no reason why I can't grab a nap and head up in time. I'll be fine as long as I leave around 8a or so, and that's being generous in case of traffic.

Do we need chains?
Now wait just a minute here! I'm giving DH a day-pass for an event that requires leather AND CHAINS???? I can see that my whip and high heels will have to be put in a safe place. Just what kind of ride is this going to be? :rolleyes:

Jill

Yep, you guessed it.

NWS NWS NWS NWS NWS NWS NWS NWS NWS NWS NWS NWS NWS NWS NWS

61759681_7Enkkz44_crPICT0101.jpg

Gay.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: