Buying in 1 Week...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryS

Reaction score
I really like the blue but kind of feeling like I should just make life easy and go for the Cherry color. With blue it's easy to find matching Yamaha Blue helmets, coats, pants, etc. Cherry? Ain't nothin.

Oy vay!

Matching is gay!!!!

Get whichever one you want the most. It's that simple, and either way, a win-win situation.

Blue is awesome, get a lot of compliments on the new blue, looks better than the previous, I prefer red though, I wish I would have gotten the red, but either way you cannot go wrong. I am totally satisfied (first time ever) with my bike purchase. I'm glad I didn't wait for the red, would have missed all that riding time. You only focus on the color when you are parked and walking way, you wouldn't care if it was chartruse (whatever the heck color that is) when you are riding it.

Mike

Oy vay!
Matching is gay!!!!

Get whichever one you want the most. It's that simple, and either way, a win-win situation.

I hear ya... my coats, pants, helmets and such are usually black anyway. Anything but that gay Aerostich bright blue and yellow.

Oy vay!
Matching is gay!!!!

I hear ya... my coats, pants, helmets and such are usually black anyway. Anything but that gay Aerostich bright blue and yellow.
Um...those are visible and made to make spouses feel better :rolleyes:

I did a quick search in California for Blue 2006 models and found 3 on Cycletrader. Of course, they are charging too much. Don't pay more than 12,899 out the door in Cali.

I really like the blue but kind of feeling like I should just make life easy and go for the Cherry color. With blue it's easy to find matching Yamaha Blue helmets, coats, pants, etc. Cherry? Ain't nothin.

Blue is awesome, get a lot of compliments on the new blue, looks better than the previous, I prefer red though, I wish I would have gotten the red, but either way you cannot go wrong. I am totally satisfied (first time ever) with my bike purchase. I'm glad I didn't wait for the red, would have missed all that riding time. You only focus on the color when you are parked and walking way, you wouldn't care if it was chartruse (whatever the heck color that is) when you are riding it.
Mike
Sounds like you guys need to get together and talk about trading plastic. ;)

A basic '06 is an '06. The '07A is an '06A with cherry colored plastic. The '07 WILL have higher resale value if/when you go to sell it down the road simply because it is a year "newer".

If you can get an '06A for less than an '07A (which implies less than $11,500 plus taxes & tags) then you make your choice.

Otherwise, unless you hate Cherry and, with everything else the same I'd suggest you go for an '07.

But your sig says you are buying an AE - those are Cerulian Silver in either year!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another Max-S Bandit rider! Good to have on over here!

(PDX from Max-S).

Mechanically, they're the same as far as what's been discovered thus far. You are going to love it!

Another Max-S Bandit rider! Good to have on over here!
(PDX from Max-S).

Mechanically, they're the same as far as what's been discovered thus far. You are going to love it!

I'm an ex-Max-S er too. Enjoyed the heck out of my '01 "S". My FJR gives me more of what I liked about the Bandit except light weight. My Ducati gives me that.

Go for silver.

An '06-Up Silver one will also eliminate that ugly left side lever -- so you don't have to worry about that matching.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

My pal next door has an 06 FJR A for sale, 1300 miles, four helmets, first service done, sliders. $11,500 in Eugene. Let me know if anyone is interested and I will getcha his email or phone #...

I can't believe he is letting it go, he couldn't wait to get one after he saw mine!

dfp

Once you get the bike, you'll be either riding, working or sleeping. While riding, the bike goes too fast for anyone to really see what color it is. While working, you can dream about the bike in whatever color you like. Ditto for sleeping.

Jill

Oy vay!
Matching is gay!!!!
+2 on that!

I'd only buy the blue if you can negotiate a price that accounts for the depreciation.... otherwise, get the cherry. Dare to be different. ;)

Our local shop here in Irvine has an 06' AE for $10.999. I bought mine last week.

Blue is awesome, get a lot of compliments on the new blue, looks better than the previous, I prefer red though,
Mike
Looks better than the previous.....huh??? :argue:

FJR3.jpg

Look at THAT gorgeous blue!! :dribble:

You guys can keep your Cherries.... :blink: :bleh: :lol: