Canyon Cages Arrived

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I moved mine for that reason....
They used to be here.....
file_zps2134e483.jpg

and now they are here....
file_zpscdfea81e.jpg

file_zps94312c61.jpg

I also drilled and screwed them to the bars to stop them moving if you put too much weight on them.
file_zps54b8cb44.jpg

R

Keep the posts coming. I hope to order soon after the buying frenzy dies. How much tupperware if any has to be removed? Bill

Thanks for the pics Richard. I had moved mine to the same place on the right side, but I couldn't figure out a way to get the left side snuged up that far and be able to tighten up the screws on the clamp. The other concern I had on the left was how close the clamp is to the clutch cover, if it did go over is it going to cause damage.

How did you manage to get the left up in that location?

I actually left the bolt out that was close to the cover, another reason to screw them to the cage.

R

Would love to see a pic of the left side with the peg in the down position. I still can't seem to tighten the screws (even leaving one out) because of the angle.

They dont need to be really tight because when you install the footpeg it clamps it down way tight.

file_zps09d08d3b.jpg

R

I just think I will mount the clamps first, then the cage. Seems it will solve this issue from you guys that have gone before the rest of us.

I love the high school shop project welding and paint quality. Really? Why is everyone tripping over themselves to bolt these on?

I love the high school shop project welding and paint quality. Really? Why is everyone tripping over themselves to bolt these on?
Since your obviously superior quality units aren't available for sale yet, the choice is rather limited.

Please post up pics of your units when they're ready. That way all who bought the inferior versions can contact you.

Since your obviously superior quality units aren't available for sale yet, the choice is rather limited.

Please post up pics of your units when they're ready. That way all who bought the inferior versions can contact you.
+1 Show us what you got . Also make sure you can replicate them 100 at a time. Man you know how to make an impression for sure.

WTF are you talking about mister 10 posts??????

The guys that do the welding at MCE are all certified (not certifiable like you) welders and these are all done by hand. the powder coating in the picture is all messed up by me figuring out where to put the highway pegs.

MCE's other product lines are all medical related, I don't think "high school shop" welding would pass the hospital inspection do you?

SO if you can do better lets see some pics, we are all anxiously waiting to see what you can do.

R

It's not all about the welds or powder coat, the primary function is protection. I see all the complex bending that has zero room for error where all the bits and pieces have to fit just right or the cage won't fit. So far as the welds, there is 'good enough' and 'better than it has to be'. I don't doubt the strength of the welds if the cages are called on to do their job.

They dont need to be really tight because when you install the footpeg it clamps it down way tight.
file_zps09d08d3b.jpg

R
Did yours tighten completely? I can not get them tight enough and they will spin with enough leg pressure. Is that why you put another screw in them? Any help would be appreciated.