CFO 2006 Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grnarrowe

Reaction score
I've been talking to the Sparta Best Western for the 06 CFO. They cannot handle more than 50 people for dinner in one room. We can use 2 rooms that will accomadte 80 people total. My contact is looking into some off site places and should know more in a few weeks.

My questions to all are;

1) Would you want to split up into 2 groups and have the dinner at the hotel or

2) Have the dinner off site and have to ride to the banquet?

Let me know ASAP. If need be I'll look for another hotel that can handle at least 100 for dinner. I'll look in the same general area.

Thanks

Grnarrowe

My questions to all are;
1) Would you want to split up into 2 groups and have the dinner at the hotel or

2) Have the dinner off site and have to ride to the banquet?
My preference would be one hotel, one room, no riding to dinner.

I don't know. A hunnert feejies showin up at the choke and puke would be kinda kool.

One place is ideal. Don't have to worry about us drinkers getting in any trouble.

Plus you don't have to deal with all your riding equipment when it is all in one place. Just take it back to your room and go party. :punk:

Just my .02

Dana

CFO 2006 UPDATE

OK, I talked to the hotel and we will be having the dinner at the hotel. They can seat 84 in 2 rooms. They will be sending me a menu to chose from and as soon as I get that I'll have everything setteled and I'll post it up so everyone can get their reservations made.

We will need someone to orginize the ride routes and we need a Goodie Getter.

STAY TUNED TO THIS CHANNEL FOR MORE

@grn:

-edit-

Also, I will help scouting out ride routes. I enjoyed the ride I had last year - and scouting is fun!

I would suspect some WI/MN members near that area would be able to assist also.

Last edited by a moderator:
@grn:
-edit-

Also, I will help scouting out ride routes. I enjoyed the ride I had last year - and scouting is fun!

I would suspect some WI/MN members near that area would be able to assist also.
I volunteer to scout out some rides, as well as some adult beverage providers.

CFO 2006 UPDATE
OK, I talked to the hotel and we will be having the dinner at the hotel. They can seat 84 in 2 rooms. They will be sending me a menu to chose from and as soon as I get that I'll have everything setteled and I'll post it up so everyone can get their reservations made.

We will need someone to orginize the ride routes and we need a Goodie Getter.

STAY TUNED TO THIS CHANNEL FOR MORE
Did I miss the dates on this? If so, please repost.

grnarrowe & wheaton,

Let me know when you would like to make some scouting runs. I am game. We found a few new sections of road around Spring Green and Southwest I think you may enjoy. Onedriver may already have found them. :D

Brewtown

grnarrowe & wheaton,
Let me know when you would like to make some scouting runs. I am game. We found a few new sections of road around Spring Green and Southwest I think you may enjoy. Onedriver may already have found them. :D

Brewtown
Count me in for scouting trip. I have done some extensive riding in that area on my LT and on my 05 FJR. Will be happy to put some miles on my new 06FJR when it arrives.

grnarrowe & wheaton,

Brewtown
@ Brewtown:

I was planning on going on a scouting runs on 2 extended weekends. One at the end of April and one in the middle of May. Maybe another weekend in June if need be.

What routes should I take a look at?

I was planning on going solo so I can shoot straight out there. However, if you do want to meet up out in southwestern WI during one of those weekends, maybe we can work it out.

RE: onedriver - I think he has been locked up with work this past fall so I don't think he has been able to have much fun with his GPS or helmetcam yet. Hope to see him more in 2006.

cheers...

and Onward HO to CFO 2006!

PS Did you WI guys do any group rides last fall?

Wheaton

Let me know closer to the dates and we might be able to make some arrangements if you want to make it an overnighter. Slimey Crud in May. Backroads over to Prairie du Chien through Stueben and Wauzeka. Back through Dodgeville area.

Did not get a chance to ride with any other FJR brothers this summer/fall. Son totalled his SV650 in September. Road rash just healed. Highsider on 171 just outside Boaz on a straight going 55-60. Helmet and gear worked well. Saw it happen in my mirrors. Needless to say I did a little less riding this past fall. Everything is okay. He is acting like a smarter 17 year old now.

Anyway-up for the CFO. Will keep in touch and post closer to riding time.

Paladin,

Will post when ready to make some runs. I live in Menomonee Falls and ride that direction frequently. Run with brothers from the Madison area. Run the North and South Kettle, Holy Hill, and Devils Lake areas often on weekends. Let me know if you would like to join sometime. Watch for scouting posts.

Paladin,
Will post when ready to make some runs. I live in Menomonee Falls and ride that direction frequently. Run with brothers from the Madison area. Run the North and South Kettle, Holy Hill, and Devils Lake areas often on weekends. Let me know if you would like to join sometime. Watch for scouting posts.
Roger Wilco, thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to it. I just hope the 2006 is really delivered in March and not later. I will be jonesing bad come April.

If it gets here early enough, I think I am gonna have it painted. We'll see, as I will have to do the disassebly and re-assembly myself, and that is a little scary. I get nervous when I have lots of parts left over.

Wheaton
Let me know closer to the dates and we might be able to make some arrangements if you want to make it an overnighter. Slimey Crud in May. Backroads over to Prairie du Chien through Stueben and Wauzeka. Back through Dodgeville area.

Did not get a chance to ride with any other FJR brothers this summer/fall. Son totalled his SV650 in September. Road rash just healed. Highsider on 171 just outside Boaz on a straight going 55-60. Helmet and gear worked well. Saw it happen in my mirrors. Needless to say I did a little less riding this past fall. Everything is okay. He is acting like a smarter 17 year old now.

Anyway-up for the CFO. Will keep in touch and post closer to riding time.
How in hell did he manage that? He didn't unicycle the thing, did he? On another note, a Sept CFO is just what the doc ordered. Perfect weather, nice scenery. Doesn't get any better, my favorite riding time of the year.

Last edited by a moderator: