CFR - 2008 Dates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gypsy

667 - Neighbour of the Beast
Reaction score
Hi fellow riders,

Canadian FJR (Scott) and I just had a little meeting to look at possible locations and dates for CFR 2008. I would like to propose that the rally be based in Port Hastings NS on Sept 5th, 6th and 7th.

This location offers a number of good riding loops including the ever popular Cabot Trail.

Comments please?

Thanks

gypsy (Jude)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the ideal time for me.... after cottage, after labor day and before my little jaunt to Italy

I'll be there

Hi fellow riders,
Canadian FJR (Scott) and I just had a little meeting to look at possible locations and dates for CFR 2008. I would like to propose that the rally be based in Port Hawkesbury, NS on Sept 5th, 6th and 7th.

This location offers a number of good riding loops including the ever popular Cabot Trail.

Comments please?

Thanks

gypsy (Jude)

Can Yanks apply?

Since I saw ZOOMM's NS pics, a ride there has been on my mind. SO's almost convinced, too.

How's the weather in September? Bugs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gypsy: Thanks to you and Scott for taking this on! If we don't get drawn for tickets for the 3 Flags, we'll be there, but if we do we will be going south instead (previous committment to others).

The 3 Flags runs over the Labour Day weekend from Mexico to Vancouver Island - this year.

We were sort of hoping the CFR would be mid-to late September to give us time to scoot from Vancouver Island to NS - picking up strays as we go no doubt! :rolleyes:

Gypsy: Thanks to you and Scott for taking this on! If we don't get drawn for tickets for the 3 Flags, we'll be there, but if we do we will be going south instead (previous committment to others).
The 3 Flags runs over the Labour Day weekend from Mexico to Vancouver Island - this year.

We were sort of hoping the CFR would be mid-to late September to give us time to scoot from Vancouver Island to NS - picking up strays as we go no doubt! :rolleyes:
Well Dave you can always fly from Vancouver and I can get you a bike!

Jagermeister everyone is warmly welcomed. Weather in September can be from cool to hot. Bugs won't be a problem.

gypsy

There are no more bugs in Canada... our Govournment taxed them out of existance because they moved.

Now that the riding days seem a little further apart, Gypsy and I have some extra time for rally planning. Are there any specific sights or roads that you folks would be interested in seeing/riding? The Cabot Trail is already on our list. How many miles/km do you want to do in a day? Remember, these are pretty much all back roads.

Canadian FJR

How many miles/km do you want to do in a day? Remember, these are pretty much all back roads.
Um don't ask me that one I like to ride and not stop :lol:

I was going too fast last time on the Cabot Tr and missed the turn for Meat Cove. I'd really like to get some pictures down there. I understand it's a gravel road, but in good shape.

Ok.... what I want something between friday and sunday's rides at the last CFR.

With same evening events.... but no heading off to bed early. <_<

Meat Cove...............That could be an adventure that I'd be up for. If the weather is good (no rain) it would be worth the trip to say you have been to the most Northern tip of Nova Scotia. If it's wet, I'll show you on a map how to get there. :rolleyes:

As far as going to bed early, not a chance.

Canadian FJR

Hi fellow riders,
Canadian FJR (Scott) and I just had a little meeting to look at possible locations and dates for CFR 2008. I would like to propose that the rally be based in Port Hawkesbury, NS on Sept 5th, 6th and 7th.

Comments please?

Thanks

gypsy (Jude)
I don't have a new calendar yet. Is this Labor Day weekend in the states?

I don't have a new calendar yet. Is this Labor Day weekend in the states?
Well get one! :lol:

Labor Day is first Monday in September American er Stateside :)

Labour Day is first Monday in September Canadian

I would expect increased police patrols this week in the states this week on the ride up there, but my last trip to NB, NS, and Cape Breton I saw no police in the provinces.

Would be great if we can get a group from New England to go there, because then the Nova Scotians will have another accent to make fun of besides the Ottawa Twang!