CFR 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the looks of it, Dolly is in, no check mark, looking for a Sugar Daddy......

Last edited by a moderator:
After much consideration to the balance of vacation time, available fundage, and other trips planned for 2011, Sooze and I will not make CFR '11. We're still planning on NERDS, though.

Youz guyz have fun and be safe!

The month of June will be taken up for my second trip up to Alaska...
Oh, shit. In Alaska, there's a bunch of bears in hibernation right now that have no idea how badly they're gonna get their asses kicked when they think Petey is their next meal...

Say hi to the Palin's for me, Petey!

After much consideration to the balance of vacation time, available fundage, and other trips planned for 2011, Sooze and I will not make CFR '11. We're still planning on NERDS, though.

Youz guyz have fun and be safe!

The month of June will be taken up for my second trip up to Alaska...
Oh, shit. In Alaska, there's a bunch of bears in hibernation right now that have no idea how badly they're gonna get their asses kicked when they think Petey is their next meal...

Say hi to the Palin's for me, Petey!
For those FJR Forum Members who like to wager, I'm putting my betting money down on Petey; I'll give four to one odds for Petey against a brown bear, three to one odds on Petey against a Grizzly bear and two to one on Petey against a Kodiak Bear!

It is official, I now hava a red check mark after my name. I am starting to feel the love.

Canadian FJR
Well Scott, if the LOVE is coming from Mary Ellen, then that's a great thing! However, if it's coming from fjrob1300, RaYzerman19 and yamafitter, maybe not so good eh!
I'm NOT feeling the love Don, you goober!!!

It is official, I now hava a red check mark after my name. I am starting to feel the love.

Canadian FJR
Well Scott, if the LOVE is coming from Mary Ellen, then that's a great thing! However, if it's coming from fjrob1300, RaYzerman19 and yamafitter, maybe not so good eh!
Really, Really?? Then feel THIS! Hey Hosers, your Zonie Cousin needs some inside Canuckistani advice! I am booking the lodgings on Prince Edward Island and in Halifax that Canadian FJR has recommended. Do I need to book ferry reservations ahead of time? In Europe, Mexico and Alaska on previous M/C journeys, you just show up on a motorcycle and they put you on first and reservations are never required. You won't get a stateroom, unless one is vacant and you then pay extra, you are just sitting in the lounge for the passage. So what's up and take off eh, book ferry tickets ahead of time for SethBeetle and Papa Chuy, eh???

When you book dem ferry resorvations 'dere, make shure you reserve a space fer a moterpsycho, eh?

Oh and definitely ask fer the prince's stateroom. ;)

When you book dem ferry resorvations 'dere, make shure you reserve a space fer a moterpsycho, eh?

Oh and definitely ask fer the prince's stateroom. ;)
So Fred, you are saying you definitely need prior reservations for the New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia ferry system? For Seth and I and the bike?

That runs contrary to any other ferry system in the world that I have ever dealt with when traveling by motorcycle, including the British Columbia Port Hardy to Prince Rupert Canadian Ferries run that I have done many times before by bike!

But if that is indeed the case, I would rather be safe than sorry; I'll go ahead and book us ahead of time. However, we really did not want to be pinned down to a specific day, date and time for the CA ferry crossings!!!

No!!

I was just pulling your leg, Don.
Oh Thanks, Okay Fred; if I was traveling solo I wouldn't sweat it, but traveling with a 14 year old things are very different!!

Great, as we wanted to cross when it was convenient to us. They load Mexican ferries so full, sometimes a bike won't fit!

https://www.ferrysantarosalia.com/ When ever I cross from Guaymas to Santa Rosalia, I wear out my rosary beads praying!

gallery.jpg

ballena_00000.jpg

Really, Really?? Then feel THIS! Hey Hosers, your Zonie Cousin needs some inside Canuckistani advice! I am booking the lodgings on Prince Edward Island and in Halifax that Canadian FJR has recommended. Do I need to book ferry reservations ahead of time? In Europe, Mexico and Alaska on previous M/C journeys, you just show up on a motorcycle and they put you on first and reservations are never required. You won't get a stateroom, unless one is vacant and you then pay extra, you are just sitting in the lounge for the passage. So what's up and take off eh, book ferry tickets ahead of time for SethBeetle and Papa Chuy, eh???
There is a Canadian invention called a bridge that gets you onto PEI that will allow you to visit the potatoes. Make sure to say hello to Bud the Spud while you are there. There is a ferry that takes you from the east side of PEI but you shouldn't need reservations for the time of year that we will be there since tourist season will not be in full swing. If you are heading from Halifax to Fredericton via Truro you won't get your feet wet. There's some nice riding along the coastline of the Bay of Fundy but I'll let the Maritimers give you the best routes.

If you are going to insist on getting your sea legs there is a ferry that runs across the Bay of Fundy between Digby NS and Saint John NB.

The cost for Seth and some fossil on a FJR is $120 CAN one way. Here is a link to the ferry info - Digby - Saint John Ferry. You can pick up some apples along the way as you run through the valley. It's pretty easy to get on with a bike but I would grab a reservation 24 hours in advance just to be sure.

By the way it's almost 2 times cheaper to get a bike & rider from Cape Breton to Newfoundland which is more than twice as far as it is from Digby to Saint John. It's a Maritime thing.

Here is the info on the PEI ferry - PEI ferry schedule. Don't bother trying to pass yourself off as a kid and ride for free. You can't pull it off Don. :p

...Bay of Fundy between Digby NS and St John's Saint John, NB.

It's pretty easy to get on with a bike but I would grab a reservation 24 hours in advance just to be sure.

... from Cape Briton Breton to Newfoundland which is more than twice as far as it is from Digby to St. John's Saint John .
Fixed it for you, Billy Boy. <St. John's is in Newfoundland>

It's pretty easy to get on with a bike but I would grab a reservation 24 hours in advance just to be sure.

... from Cape Briton Breton to Newfoundland which is more than twice as far as it is from Digby to St. John's Saint John .
But there are better parties in St. John's than in Saint John. Thanks for the corrections.

I have gone back and edited since I don't want no drunken Maritimer mad at me.

But there are better parties in St. John's than in Saint John.
:lol: And you know this .....how ?

Yes, St John's has George Street but c'mon - you know a party is all about the PEOPLE!

Hell, we'll have a par-tay at the Silverwood Motel in June :p

:popcorn:

Don't you mean :jerry: ? ;)

You comin' to CFR to party with us ?? :rolleyes:

Don't you mean :jerry: ? ;)

You comin' to CFR to party with us ?? :rolleyes:
I'm not sure.

If the rest of ya Canadiens are as crazy as yamabill, I wouldn't be able to keep up...

:dntknw: