CFR Service?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastJoyRide

Reaction score
Chris: Is there any reliable source for service nearby CFR and/or have you recruited any sponsoring dealers?

I have Pete's Superbike bookmarked as a low-cost tire supplier, but I don't know if they do good service for touring riders, nor where they're located relative to Tremblant?

If y'all "locals" don't have any good recommendations I may have to burn this set off before I leave, but I really don't have much free time between now and flaps up for CFR.

Chris: Is there any reliable source for service nearby CFR and/or have you recruited any sponsoring dealers?
I have Pete's Superbike bookmarked as a low-cost tire supplier, but I don't know if they do good service for touring riders, nor where they're located relative to Tremblant?

If y'all "locals" don't have any good recommendations I may have to burn this set off before I leave, but I really don't have much free time between now and flaps up for CFR.
Pete's superbike is an hour or so away, just east of Montreal.

Pete's

Probably the best prices in Eastern Canada and they will change them for you at the shop

If you mention the rally that will help, they have promised some swag.

Chris

I've used Pete's for tires before and the tires were fresh & the best price I could find.

Can't comment on their tire changing service, as I had them shipped.

Pete's are South & West of Tremblant - Just West of Montreal

You can avoid cutting through Montreal by heading North and staying West of the Ottawa River for a bit.

There are a few bridges further North (Hawkesbury) and a few ferries too.

If you're sure about needing the replacement, I'd get them to order and hold the tires for you (past trip experiences)

Inquire about getting the PST removed as you're technically shipping them out of province.

https://www.petes-superbike.com/

Pete's Superbike

2505 Petite Rivière, Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec

https://maps.google.com/

see you at CFR, shakin

Oop's yes they are just West of Montreal, not East.

Fingers were typing ahead of brain, sorry.

Chris

Hi Chris, with this being dog pile Friday and all, Bustanut joker is working overtime down at the plant today. He wanted me to ask you a question for him: Is there a competent veterinarian in Mont-Tremblant that can care for sheep? He is a little concerned that one of his girls may become ill, due to eating different forage in Quebec than they are used to in Michigan. Inquiring minds want to know!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Chris, with this being dog pile Friday and all, Bustanut joker is working overtime down at the plant today. He wanted me to ask you a question for him: Is there a competent veterinarian in Mont-Tremblant that can care for sheep? He is a little concerned that one of his girls may become ill, due to eating different forage in Quebec than they are used to in Michigan. Inquiring minds want to know!
I don't think I've seen a single sheep north of the Ottawa river, not much grassland up here, just lots of tree's and bush, then there are the coyotes & timber wolves. I would recommend he leave the girls back on the farm.

How tall is Bust, we could probably find a moose and a ladder .

Chris

I don't think I've seen a single sheep north of the Ottawa river, not much grassland up here, just lots of tree's and bush, then there are the coyotes & timber wolves. I would recommend he leave the girls back on the farm.

Chris
Chris: A moose and a ladder is a damn fine suggestion, but I really don't think Bust would be interested. I've tried to talk him into Burros; but alas, Bust is packing un Chorizo muy Pequeno (little dick)!

.....but alas, Bust is packing un Chorizo muy Pequeno (little dick)!
:lol: That's about the only you've said en espanol that I actually understood (ie didn't need the translation)

Unfortunately, I use chorizo in my paella. I don't know WHAT I'll use now ! :blink:

...Probably the best prices in Eastern All of Canada and they will change them for you at the shop
Fixed it for ya Chris! :D

Dave,

My research has shown Pete's to be the best prices I can find in Canada but with shipping costs in to our side of the country, I can occasionally do slightly better.

I think he is expecting a few of us so call and reserve some tires. I'm trying to decide when I'm going to need new tires too. I have a new set here but my rear should be good for the trip and I may just get a front at Pete's.

Does anybody spoon on new tires for big trips and save partial wears for remounting later?

.....but alas, Bust is packing un Chorizo muy Pequeno (little dick)!
:lol: That's about the only you've said en espanol that I actually understood (ie didn't need the translation)

Unfortunately, I use chorizo in my paella. I don't know WHAT I'll use now ! :blink:
Mary Ellen, Papa Chuy loves paella. When I rode Pyrenees with Stef-teerex51 and Andalucia with mi Israeli amigo Uri, I ordered myself a big bowl of paella at every place in Spain that was serving it up.

Siete Frutas del Mar, Seven Fruits of the Mediterranean Sea, is my all time favorite: Lobster, camarrones (shrimp), crab, mussels, clams, Pulpo (octopus) y Ostiones (oysters). Mas Magnifica la Comida!!!

Chris
So what you two klowns are saying, is I now must spring for my veterinarians room too? Well I wasn't going to do this but since room rates are somewhat pricey I'm going to have to "rent" out a few of my girls.

You two can have first dibs, Just pm me with your preferences.

:jester:

Went to Pete's Super Bike Shop. $30 to repl on bike and $15 if we bring the wheel. Very good service

Everything (sale&service) must be paid Cash! they don't do mecanic. Just tires and accessories instal...

Went to Pete's Super Bike Shop. $30 to repl on bike and $15 if we bring the wheel. Very good service

Everything (sale&service) must be paid Cash! they don't do mecanic. Just tires and accessories instal...

Best Mecanic I know

BourretMotoSport.jpg

Not sure what kind of service you guys need. Last year when I rode out to the west coast and back the only thing I needed on the bike was to change the oil. A little bit of pre planning goes a long way.

Now, what Bustanut is selling.... that's a whole different story :rolleyes: