Cheap Dunlop 220's at cycle gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolavine

Reaction score
Cycle gear has dunlop 220's on sale.

180-55-17 for $80

and 120-70-17 for $60.

They gave me a $20 off on next purchase of $75 or more just for asking, so my new rear was only $60!

No shipping they had them right in the store for pickup.

Wow. Another great price on another discontinued tire.

The D220s have been my favorite tire for grip. They weren't so good at mileage. I would get a set or two at those prices, but I know have enough Azarros to last me a year or two.

D220s were my favorite tires on my R1100RS. I ran several sets, loved the feel and grip and got 9 or 10 thousand miles out of them. They were the first replacement tires I used on the FJR and...I hated them. The tires just seemed to wilt under the weight and power of the FJR. The bike wandered so much I double checked the air pressure just to make sure I hadn't screwed something up. If SkooterG liked them, they must have something goin' for 'em, but they just didn't work for me. Still, at that price, it might be worth a shot.

The D616s are also on sale. I'm really thinking about running a set of those just to see how well they perform.

OH...And Rolavine, where'd you get the $20 certificate? From your local store? I called our store and they didn't mention anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
The D616s are also on sale. I'm really thinking about running a set of those just to see how well they perform.
OH...And Rolavine, where'd you get the $20 certificate? From your local store? I called our store and they didn't mention anything.

In terms of wear, on the FJR, do the fronts wear evenly to the rears or do the rears wear faster? This will be my first set of tires since I got the FJR and need to know if I should buy 2 rears to each front or change them out together. On the Wing both wear about evenly but my Concours the front lasted twice as long as the rear.

Thanks

In terms of wear, on the FJR, do the fronts wear evenly to the rears or do the rears wear faster? This will be my first set of tires since I got the FJR and need to know if I should buy 2 rears to each front or change them out together. On the Wing both wear about evenly but my Concours the front lasted twice as long as the rear.

Thanks
The D220s are the only set of tires that I have tried (out of 5 o 6) where the front and rear wore almost the same and were replaced at the same time.

YMMV

The clerk gave me one of the little cards (business card size) that was good for $20 off on anything while I was trying on Arai helmets. After I used the card on the tires, but the last time I was in the store they refused to give me another one, the nerve of some retailers, lol.

Just two days ago, they were also offering Free Shipping on all orders of $100 or more. That offer seems to be dropped now, so you'll have to find the tires in a store near you or pay $16 "oversize" fee (BS!).

However, this Thursday they are having an "after hours" sale that gives 10% off anything "in stock". So that would almost make up for the $16 BS Shipping charge.

Still, a good tire for the price.

The first set I ordered just showed up today. Dates are Weeks 31 & 39 of 2007. So they are not outdated by any means.

[SIZE=12pt]A big Thank You to Rolavine for the heads-up![/SIZE]

Just two days ago, they were also offering Free Shipping on all orders of $100 or more. That offer seems to be dropped now, so you'll have to find the tires in a store near you or pay $16 "oversize" fee (BS!).
However, this Thursday they are having an "after hours" sale that gives 10% off anything "in stock". So that would almost make up for the $16 BS Shipping charge.

Still, a good tire for the price.

The first set I ordered just showed up today. Dates are Weeks 31 & 39 of 2007. So they are not outdated by any means.

[SIZE=12pt]A big Thank You to Rolavine for the heads-up![/SIZE]
As noted on post #3, available in store only.

FredW,

That's how it was when this thread was originally opened. Then a couple days later, you could order them online too AND with free shipping. Now they are still available online or in-store and on-sale, just no free shipping online.

I think CycleGear cycles their specials to keep people returning and fishing for deals.

FredW,

That's how it was when this thread was originally opened. Then a couple days later, you could order them online too AND with free shipping. Now they are still available online or in-store and on-sale, just no free shipping online.

I think CycleGear cycles their specials to keep people returning and fishing for deals.

Thanks for setting me straight, Jeff.

Man, you have to stay on top of this stuff to get the good deals!!

Cycle gear has dunlop 220's on sale.
180-55-17 for $80

and 120-70-17 for $60.

They gave me a $20 off on next purchase of $75 or more just for asking, so my new rear was only $60!

No shipping they had them right in the store for pickup.
The price sounded so good I went down to buy a set. I asked about the coupon for $20 off and one guy could only find expired ones. Then, another guy said they were taking them and told him what code to use. Then, a third guy started helping me and he said that I could not use the coupon with the tires. Finally, they gave me an expired coupon but still honored it so I came out with your $120 deal for a set. I do have to wait for the rear from a warehouse.

I won't need them for about a year, so how should I store them or is nothing special needed?

Latest posts