CMRA Race Get Together

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, it's getting very close to October, so GEEZER, you going to do a repeat of last time? Great road, great food, great racing, great parade laps......wait, scratch that last one. If GEEZER can do a repeat, I already have silk screened Scotch, Seegar and Steak Nite tee shirts reserved for the first 8 participants. Three XL and five L sized. I'll provide the filets, cigars and the first bottle of single malt if we can find a host for one of the evenings in College Station.

How about it?

Tim,

I finally got the film developed of the photos that I took while there at the CMRA races with you guys last time. I am not so sure I can post all of them. There is one that I will leave up to you to post if you wish.

I will try to email it to you via your profile here or at the other board.

Yo, Scott, appreciate the heads up! How many of you guys are in for October?

Sorry Guys, but I am going to the HSTA "Friends of Freddies" ride in Missouri that weekend. From there I go to Woodland Park, Colorado for a week to ride Colorado roads during the day, and eat red steak and drink brown whiskey with two or three other fine friends at night. Damn it's a tough life but someone's gotta do it.

Lil Geezer :D

So far I'm in for Oct. Had a great time in July just have to do it again.

FJR Bandit

Motel room availability might be a challenge with 100,000+ hurricane evacuees in the Houston area. I'll call the same motel we stayed in last time to see what is open for that weekend and report back. Some folks have had to go as far as Austin to get motel rooms in the past week.

GEEZER, could you give us the names and street addresses of the places we ate dinner last time or suggest new ones so we can map out evening plans on our own? Anyone else in the College Station / Bryan area willing to host us for an evening? As I said, I'll supply steaks, cigars and the first bottle of scotch.

Surprising that there is availability for up to 15 rooms of a variety of types at Howard Johnson where many of us stayed. Dates of availability are September 30 though October 1 (Friday night and Saturday) and races are October 1 and 2.

Race details are at:

https://www.cmraracing.com/schedule.asp

Motel details are:

There is a Howard Johnson's at Hwy 6 South and Rock Prairie Road. This is a close to the race track as you can get and easy to find. It is a refurbished older motel which looks to be fairly roomy and nice enough. 979/693-6810. 3702 South Hwy 6, College Station, tX 77845. email [email protected].

The early bird gets the worm (or the room in this case).

Friday night we ate at Jose's Restaurant. Saurday night was C&J Barbecue. Both are on Texas Ave., which is the same street as the HOJO, but much farther north. both are listed in the phone book and are easily found if you fight the traffic on Texas (Business 6).

Thanks LGFT, we're going to miss you in the lead......and your big ice filled pick-up too!

I'm not going to be able to make the October one... too many irons in the fire.

I was told about a steak house near the collage that had some great steaks. Does anyone know the name? That might be another choice for Saturday night.

BTW, I'm still on standby for LA. But, as long as I am here I'm a go for Oct.

FJR Bandit

Sodolacks Steak House. On Hwy 21 East of the East Bypass. The East Bypass is Hwy 6, the freeway that goes by the HOJO. Go north and exit Hwy 21. Turn right at 21 and the restaurant is the second building on the left. Good steaks.

LGFT

I'm at fault for not posting these additional CMRA pix from the LAST race get together that FJRStar sent me on September 5th. My bad......

Anyway here the are:

untitled.jpg

untitled1.jpg

untitled3.jpg

untitled4.jpg

untitled5.jpg

untitled6.jpg

untitled7.jpg

Who's going this time?????

So I guess everyone had his fill of racing action last time and we have no takers for upcoming race? Steak, cigars, scotch, races.......what's not to like?

what's not to like?
Since you asked. Cigars and Scotch. :p I don't smoke and I prefer whiskey :D

Don't get :angry: just having fun with ya. I'm still planning on being there the afternoon of the 1st. But, I'm still on standby for NO.

FJR Bandit

Tim,

I am hoping to be there as well. I wil be staying with my brother who now lives out of town on a five mile gravel/crushed limestone section of Rock Prairie road.

Maybe we can ride up to College Station from your place via the back roads if you wish. I can meet you at your place and we can go from there.

Later on...

Too much going on in Oct. I did have a great time in July and would go in a heartbeat if I didn't have an MSF conference and a 30th class reunion that month. I'm out of weekends off. Ya'll have fun though.

"and a 30th class reunion that month"

Uhhh I think you are getting old. ;)

But are not we all?

Too bad you cannot make the October get together.

Hope to ride with you and David (FJRBANDIT) again soon!

Take care...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll hang back a bit on hotel reservations for CMRA until I know if I have a roof over my head after this Saturday. Could be a bumpy ride for some of us!

Yes Tim, I concur about whether or not we will have a roof over our heads.

I am watching Rita and will of course make a decision on what I will do based on what "it" does. In the mean time, for now, a "rita" may be in order.

The wife and kids will go to Austin. I will most likely stay with the fort.

Looters beware!! :p

Here is hoping that all of us on the coast are spared the catastrophe that we all know can happen to us. All we can do is maybe prepare and pray.

Later on...