CMRA Race Get Together

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No promises, but my mechanic is on the endurance race in the 650 class. I'll see if he can get us in the pits. I owe him enough money to have some influence with him. I don't yet owe the track owner that much (yet).

LGFT

LGFT I have your Cell phone # I'll call and find where you all have been herded on Sunday :D

Though I plan on meeting up with ya'll Saturday evening. Wherever you are.

Saturday evening we'll be eating BBQ. If I can clean up the tornado damage at my place north of town, I'll cook. If not we'll go to C&J - best bbq in Texas, regardless of all the braggin'. Give me a call on my personal cell and I'll direct you.

Plans are to ride a fairly serious ride Saturday morning - to be planned on Friday nite. Regardless, we'll meet at the Exxon station one block South of the Howard Johnson. Exxon is the corner of Rock Prairie (not Green's Prairie) and Hwy 6 S. at 7:30 AM. We'll wait until 7:45 or so, then head to Burton via 159, 105W, and 390. If you're not at the Burton Cafe by 9:00 or so, we'll see you when we get back about noon.

I graduated Lufkin High School in the top 90% of my class in 1963. Have a Mother and brother there still, but couldn't even talk about motorcycles back then - Momma'd torn my head off.

LGFT

I'm gonna try my best to make it for the Sunday sprints. I'll leave Dallas pretty early and get home pretty late. (But hell, it's an FJR, so who cares.)

I graduated Lufkin High School in the top 90% of my class in 1963.
roflol4fi.gif

Love it!

Just curious, we used to race with Will and Jimmy Lee from Lufkin Cycle Barn. in the late `70's, early `80's. Traveled to Daytona together a couple of times. Good folks!

FJRMGM

If the offer is still good, I'll split the rent with you.

Let me know by EM or PM.

FJR Bandit

StexFJR

What day are you heading up to collage Station? I might be able to meet you in George West (281 & 59). Let me know.

FJR Bandit

Bandit, right now my plans are to leave Sat. a.m. as soon as I can get away from work. I might have more time specific details later in the week. We'll stay in touch.

edit: Bandit looks like I'll get away from here about 10 a.m. That puts me in GW about 12:30 to 1 p.m. This could change however and I'll let you know more on Friday. Heck I'll be on this computer sat a.m. and could shoot you a note then if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if they have the races rain or shine? I just gave the feejer a good scrubbing and everyone knows that guarantees rain.

Well as is often the case.. things change. My riding buddies aren't coming along. So I need a roomie for Sat. night. If I don't hear anything by Friday I'll make my own at the HOJO if they have any vacancies left.

you can e-mail me at ddfmca at Sbcglobal.net

edit:Okay I have a roomie for Sat. See ya'll there, yeehaw!!!

I'm out for this weekend.

Been healthy all year and then caught a bad intestinal virus last weekend and just now getting re-hydrated and feeling anything like "good". Still weak from the effects of it.

The thought of standing around in mid-90's temps is not appealing to me right now.

I'm bringing my camera... we'll get a few pics.

Mike, hope you're feeling better soon... stay away from the roadside trucks selling green tacos from now on....

See the rest of ya over the next few days!

All,

Hope to make it. I should be at the HoJo tonight. I will be riding an FJR. :lol:

Everyone, please have a safe and fun trip there and back home.

Hopefully we can get some riding done around the BCS area with an old geezer leading.

Nothing like following a geezer in slo-mo and enjoying the scenery. :thumbup:

I need to slow my ass down anyway. :devil:

Anybody shoot pool? When I am not riding....... :p

Later on guys....

Scott

lake Jackson

Scott you dog. See you and there other hooligans manana. Everyone ride safe. I should be there about 4 unless the Blue Bell Creamery is open. Then I probably won't show up at all :yahoo:

I have dibbs on the Dutch Chocolate. :D So back off. :assasin: :p :lmao: :lmao:

See everyone at the BBQ.

FJR Bandit