Commuting Farkles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still wondering where to mount the GAU-8 Avenger.
You don't mount the GAU-8 to the FJR, you mount the FJR to the GAU-8. Ammo would be a bit of a problem. May I sugest the GAU-2B/A instead. Quite up to traffic management taskes. You may lose your side bag space for ammo.
At least be sure to remove the flash supressor. You do want to be seen after all.
Don't worry. I have it painted hi-viz with SOLAS tape on the back and sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Zumo 500 with XM Navtraffic, plus what others have sugested, horns, extra rear lights, reflectors, headlight modulators, it would be a shorter list if you ask what you don't need.

Marcus

GOT FARKLES?!

cow-on-motorcycle-funny-animal-wallpapers.jpg

The only thing I really needed for commuting was a topcase to hold my laptop case. The shape of the sidebags makes them fairly useless for most anything briefcase sized.

Driving 68 miles each way to work on a stock 08. 19K miles in 12 months. Sometimes use an I-Pod. Save your money for tires and bug remover.

I have a Cycleport Ultra II Air Mesh Kevlar jacket, with matching pants arriving day after tomorrow or so, I added a Givi E52 topcase with brake lights, the reflective tape on the side bags (which I keep on all the time), and I just added some extra light strips from Admore Lighting to them, which give them brake/tail/blinker functionality.

Last winter, I picked up some electric gloves, because the DirtPaws I was using just weren't warm enough if the air temp was below about 65. I never plugged them in though; just having a non-textile glove was more than enough for down to about 45 degrees.

I just picked up a 4GB ipod Shuffle...the little brick one...1" long, .5" wide, 1/8" thick. I also have Etymotic Research sound isolating headset, so I can listen to tunes and save my ear drums from more damage.

I also added extra running lights from Clearwater Lights recently, but that was more because of my LD ride I'm doing this week than commute visibility.

My commute is 20 miles...from Fremont to Mountain View, so quite a bit shorter than yours.

The only thing I NEED on the 07 FJR is a set of grip puppies and a throttle rocker. The rest just makes things better.

I added the following in 6 months or so:

1. Throttle Rocker

2. Grip Puppies

3. Larger wind shield

4. Seat

5. bag reflectors

6. loud exhaust

7. top box

8. GPS

Later on I added the G2 throttle tube.