Complete Rostra CC install without the UNIVERSAL CRUISE CONTROL SWITCH?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch

Reaction score
I'd like to complete the Rostra CC install on my Gen 2 without the Universal CC switch. Only control wanted is a switch for Resume/Set - unit powered on with ignition. Could someone explain how that would be wired onto the four wire harness supplied with the CC?

Thanks!

I believe the wires are:

Red = on/off

Brn/Red = Common 12vdc

Grn = Set

Yel = Resume

You'll want to use two momentary switches for the set and resume function. Run the brown/red wire to one side of both switches, run the green wire to the other side of the set switch, and the yellow wire to the other side of the resume switch. Dipswitch #12 is set to off.

I personally have a MotorCycle Cruise system on my bike. They have their own switch panel set up that has worked flawlessly since I bought it back in 2007.

However, Forum member FarWestFastEddy has a single toggle switch set up on his '07 FJR Rostra CC set up. You may want to PM him for the details.

Check out this post... https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/139768-cruise-control-in-nashville/?p=887266

Suggest 1 toggle switch and mount it in the cover plate on the left switch pod at the index finger position on the far side.

DSCN3376.jpg

I don't know for sure what switch is pictured above, but it is a fairly cramped location.

The following may or may not work...

McMaster-Carr - Catalog Page 918 (noted earlier)

Three Position—Switch is Off in Center Position

Off or On On or Off Springs Back to Center 3 SPDT (ON)-OFF-(ON) 5 5 7535K54 38.08

Miniature Mil. Spec. Toggle Switch, SPDT, (On)-Off-(On), 5 Amps At 125 VAC

P/N 7535K54

Also consider a cover for it...

For Mil. Spec. Switches—To Order: Specify black, gray, red, or white.70205K4Each4.20

Toggle Boot, 15/32"-32 Bushing, .94" High

P/N 70205k4

Hope this helps.

Brodie

rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished install - had to chase down some odd wiring problems that was probably specific to my unit.

It works perfect now - truly game changing mod.

Thanks for all the help ------