Cycle Cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3529

Reaction score
I currently have a decent full cover for the bike (to keep dust off over the winter), but have been looking at possibly getting a half cover to use while on trips. I was thinking that this would be nice as I would not have to let the bike cool prior to putting it on and it would probably pack better. I have a top case on the bike. What are some ok options that won't cost me an arm and a leg?

I have a Guardian full cover also. I put it on at work as soon as I kill the motor. The aluminum coated panels do fine on the hot parts. I've never burned any part of the cover....yet.

I don't care for the half ones as much, much of the bike still gets dust etc since it's all exposed. Also half of your paint is still in the sun getting faded, while the other half is protected. Not sure how bad it can or will fade but it can.

My two cents although I know it's not much. :)

Hey Kieefer, what size did ya get?
I've got a large, it covers it good except for the saddle bags.

I don't have a tail box but I would think it would cover it good and wrap under the rack if not the tail light and it goes under the front of the fairing.

Mine is in the sun alot so I have developed three crack's/small tears about 3" that I have patched with duct tape, Gorilla tape from the inside. I had a nylon cover once and it didn't last as long as this one has, I'm please with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased a Nelson-Rigg Falcon Defender 400.

It was a nice cover, but was more heavy duty than I wanted. Would take up a lot of room in the saddlebag for camping trips etc.

What I was looking for was something that would pack into a smaller bag and not take up so much space.

I returned the "400" and have ordered the Nelson-Rigg MC-100 which is a lighter weight cover and will hopefully pack smaller.

I'll post results of this purchase when it arrives.

Hey Kieefer, what size did ya get?
I've got a large, it covers it good except for the saddle bags.
The XL size also covers the saddle bags...
+1 & Gunny

I started with the Nelson Rigg UV-2000 half-cover in Large and ended up exchanging for an XLarge so that the bags would be covered. I have had mine for 1 season with no visible signs of wear. It works well and provides a bit of stealth on trips when parked outside.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one like this, https://www.nelsonrigg.com/pages/Bike%20Cov...UV-2000-Big.htm
I had mine for about 5 years, use it almost daily when parked at work and tours. It's starting to show some wear but it's a good small packable cover.

I have this one: Nelson Rigg Defender

I have this one cause I like to cover the saddlebags. It is a quality medium duty cover that holds up well. I use it everyday when I bring the bike to work. It also comes with a pouch that can be worn as a backpack.

I don't usually run with the bags on so works for me.

I bought my cover when I had a R1150R and it was great on it too, the large size covered the bags on the BMW but the FJR fairing takes up the excess space to cover the bags.

The X-Large probably packs up pretty small too, just depends on how much you want covered.

Our loving mother-earth has provided us with trees, pups. Use them to your benefit.......and.........

PARK NEXT TO A TREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our loving mother-earth has provided us with trees, pups. Use them to your benefit.......and.........

What the hell you doing with pups?

PARK IN A TREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No problem brother

I picked up my XL half cover from Newenough; https://www.newenoughhp.com/accessories/cov...half_cover.html

COG_07035.jpg

If looking for a full cover, Wallyworld has them, decent quality. FJR get's a XL.

Best part, $20....

Depending on your budget (these are expensive) these are the best I've ever used. www.gezagear.com

The FJR takes a large unless you have the trunk and then the XL. They last forever!

Latest posts