Damn Just damn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very sorry to hear this Barry. Sorry for the loss to you and all of his other friends and family. And about your sister-in-law too, Don.

When I joined this group years ago I sure didn't think about what a support community it would become to so many of us, but it really has been. Glad you and others have been able to come here and talk about this kind of thing. I know it helps, at least some.

Much as I hate reading these threads with each one that comes along I feel a greater appreciation for the people I have in my life. Sorry for your loss Bust. Glad you got to have the number of years with him that you did.

SacramentoMike posted: Very sorry to hear this Barry. Sorry for the loss to you and all of his other friends and family. And about your sister-in-law too, Don.
When I joined this group years ago I sure didn't think about what a support community it would become to so many of us, but it really has been. Glad you and others have been able to come here and talk about this kind of thing. I know it helps, at least some.
Exactly what he said. You hang in there, Barry; I have not yet been able to shake your hand.

I know how you feel Barry. I lost a very close friend this year due to a sudden unforeseen stroke and I still can't believe that Jim is gone. I also know that you will have a emptiness in your life forever.

Your friend would have approved of everything you expressed about your relationship with him and the good he accomplished.

So sorry to hear this my friend. Should we all be so lucky to have a true friend like Bob in our life, thank you for sharing your friendship with us. I will hoist a glass to your friendship tonight, and then I will hoist a second time to honor those that I have known and loved that are no longer with me (us).

I can think of a few who have passed that I have never met, but their passing stays with me because of the connections made here, I have no doubt that your friend will be one of them.

Condolences,

Gregory

Sorry to hear you lost a brother in law and good friend. Last week a good friend of mine a few years younger than me (no relation,but we're considered family) had a massive stroke caused by a ruptured brain aneurysm the size of a lemon. His life was saved, but what life? He is in a coma-like state and so far has briefly opened his eyes and blinked. He is never expected to recover speech or movement on his right side, and that is the optimistic prognosis. There are worse things than a rapid and unexpected passing. My condolences, but count the blessing of a death that did not linger to ruin the financial security of his family or cause enduring pain.

Cancer sucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
My condolences to you and Bob's Family. Losing a close friend is a life changing event. The best we can hope for is having those we leave behind express their gratitude for having known us. Bob would be very pleased with your comments.

Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts everyone..

I'm not going to be able to attend the funeral service tomorrow as I just had spinal cord surgery yesterday afternoon so I'm pretty much laid up for a spell.
However he did share with his son that he wanted me to be the last person to pay tribute to him. So after everyone works at making folks be sad and cry like it seems at everyone of these.

I'm going to have them rolling in the isles with shenanigans he told his son he wanted shared. Told his boy for me to not let on when people started getting pissy and finish up regardless of who got upset.

I have a note he wrote that he want's me to share with all of those who thought i was being disrespectful. Now granted I'm going to be on the PA via speaker phone his son has the note, My brother will be in charge of video.. This should be something worthy of a movie someday.

That's the biggest part I'm going to miss, his wicked humor.

Well, damn, Barry, just... damn.
sorry.gif

I am hoping you find some peace and understanding. Losing life-long friends can shake you to the core, leaving you feeling lost in life... like being adrift at sea.

But you are not alone. You do have hundreds of virtual friends, and I bet you have a good number of close physical friends, too. You gotta lean on them - and us - during these times. It's how we are *all* going to continue to stay alive, keep our spirits up, and keep moving forward in life.

Sorry Barry, I can relate to your pain, best friend retired to FL in November, gone by July, unknowingly had cancer, rode his HD to the consignment store, wife was shattered, all retirement plans went out the window, spent some time in FL that year. Cancer sucks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts