Deals Gap Resort for Sale!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwilly

Administrator of Drama
Reaction score
Information Clicky

Deals Gap Motorcycle resort is home of the most popular motorcycle destination in the US and has become world famous drawing riders in 2007 from as far as Japan and Australia. The only Commercial facility on US 129 a.k.a the Dragon, Deals Gap Resort Consists of 13 (+,-) acres, two campgrounds, a hotel, restaurant, gas station with a convenience store, and a maintenance / storage building. Included with the sale of the Resort is a single dwelling house on a private 16 acre lake.

Please check out all of our pages for more information. Under each category link you will find photos, short movies, more detailed information and contact information for the listing realtor. Please do not contact the resort directly as no information can be given by the staff.

Damn!

The Tenn HP told them he was going to shut it down, and Shady Valley Country Store too. I hate to see bad cops get their way. Where's my Walking Tall stick???

If I had the $$$, I'd buy it and open it as a strip club/campground/bike resort. Bet they wouldn't try to shut that down.

:)

Damn!
The Tenn HP told them he was going to shut it down, and Shady Valley Country Store too. I hate to see bad cops get their way. Where's my Walking Tall stick???

If I had the $$$, I'd buy it and open it as a strip club/campground/bike resort. Bet they wouldn't try to shut that down.

:)
Throw in a Dunkin Doughnuts or Krispie Cream and you won't have any issues with the LEO's. :dribble:

I hate to see bad cops get their way.

If I had the $$$, I'd buy it

Gunny! There may not be a discount for forum members, though. Unfortunately, even if a co-op was formed with many investors acting as "share-holders" in a joint venture, the amount of legal beaurocratic red tape bullshit to go through just to even think of making it work would be near insurmountable. Even if funds were available, if it really is the local government and LEO's that were responsible for creating enough problems to make it impossible to stay open, then trying to get approval for any similar business would most likely be futile.

I hate to see bad cops get their way. If I had the $$$, I'd buy it

Gunny! There may not be a discount for forum members, though. Unfortunately, even if a co-op was formed with many investors acting as "share-holders" in a joint venture, the amount of legal beaurocratic red tape bullshit to go through just to even think of making it work would be near insurmountable. Even if funds were available, if it really is the local government and LEO's that were responsible for creating enough problems to make it impossible to stay open, then trying to get approval for any similar business would most likely be futile.
and I can tell you at least here WV "dats da way it works" if the homies dont want you then you aint going to be there.

I hate to see bad cops get their way. If I had the $$$, I'd buy it

and I can tell you at least here WV "dats da way it works" if the homies dont want you then you aint going to be there.
I agree. I lived in Clemson, SC for eight years and let me tell ya, not only is the Civil War still going on in some of thems thar parts, but the Triple K is still active too........disgusting.

Has anyone figured out the sales price? **EDIT** Just saw the new post. . $523,000? That isn't bad. Hmm too many wheels turning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn!
The Tenn HP told them he was going to shut it down, and Shady Valley Country Store too. I hate to see bad cops get their way.
jeff,

this isn't meant as me calling bull$hit or calling you out or anything, but where did you hear this? i know of the stormtroopers at the gap last summer, but i'd not heard anything of the cops threatening to shut it down, or shady valley. what's their basis for shutting down a business? what is it that the business was doing wrong?

considering the fj rally will be at the motorcycle playground in about 6 weeks, my ears perked up when i saw your post.

thx,

dean

cincinnati

In smaller towns, at least where I lived for several years in SC, it's amazing to see the actual pull/power that the local LEO's hold....kinda scary. Not saying that that's what has caused/created/contributed to whatever issue has made the current owners decide to sell. Could just be that they want out, I don't know. Need to look at the resort's website. I don't follow it, but I rode there last fall and by far was one of the best trips ever. Hate to see it go, unless of course, someone could take the reigns and do an even better job! A little modernization might not hurt business IMHO>