Death of an FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhh... Now I see why I should ride in groups. That way someone can be there with a camera to take pictures of my wadded up bike and embarrassed carcass hanging off a fence to post on the "Interwebs." :D

Gnarly bruise you got there Phil, heal up fast.

You know that split second when you realize your going down and then, lights out...........................I hate that.

Get well soon Phil.

That's gotta hurt :eek: - Heal up quickly!!!

We finally get to see what they wear under the kilts besides lipstick (on a good day.)

(joke courtesy of Craig Ferguson.)

That's gotta hurt :eek: - Heal up quickly!!!
Just goes to show you.....Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly! :winksmiley02:

GuardianAngel.jpg

Seriously.....Get well soon Phil!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, at least the side-cases are in good shape :lol:

Heal up quick Phil, and as said previously, we're all glad the sheet wasn't pulled all the way up.

PS. What's a deer fence, and where can the U.S. order about a gazillion miles of it? Damned forest rats!

Phil,

You are one luck SOB. That bike is far off the road- at least 8-10 meter off and about 2-3 meters up from the pictures. I am sure you were at warp speed. Steering head broke? I want to hear the whole story. this maybe the crash of the year? Wait NAFO has not happened yet.

Heal up.

BASS

Lads & Lassies

I think a little clarification is in order.

Read on McDuff

We finally get to see what they wear under the kilts
Phil is NOT Scottish, he is a Welshman and they are a diffrent breed all together. A wee bit bonkers the welsh, Isnt it boyo, well Phil is.

As far as whats under my kilt laddie, you'll never know. :glare:

I thought the Scots were a tough breed. That bike was still rideable, I mean, shease, it still has air in the tires for Christ sake. He shoulda took it on home. :D
As above Phil is Welsh and aye the bike is usable. I made a few farkles like putting on a Ducati 998 tank and seat then placed these and the engine into a 996 frame and it goes like stink. you believe me dont you laddie. :rolleyes:

PS. What's a deer fence, and where can the U.S. order about a gazillion miles of it? Damned forest rats!
A deer fence is not an expensive re-salesman but a fence for, eh, deer. :blink:

I am trying to get Phil to write a bit for you but I am meeting a bit of resistance from him.

cheers

or if you prefer

Up yer kilt.

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers
or if you prefer

Up yer kilt.
I like this guy.

Tell Phil to heal up, man. I had bruises like that once, and all my frickin' ribs were broke. Phil may be a Welshman, but he's still a lucky man.

Luck of the Irish??? Look at the map Laddie...

Heal up brother, hope the pain is gone before the bruise.

You ever notice when an accident happens and you have friends nearby, when they find out your breathing they then find the whole situation funny!

What a lucky man...aside from the coool black tribal bands on your sides!! Good thing the deer fence was around or you could have been wet and even more banged up-if thats possible.

Hi all

Phil thanks you for the concern.

He has had the insurance settlement and they gave him book price for the carnage. He did try to buy the bike back but they wanted too much for it, it would have been too much hassle to break and distrabute.

I will get him to give me a blow by blow of what happened and pass it on to you.

Anyone know what the normal modus operandi of the insurance gudgies is when it comes to pay out?