DFW area 1st Saturday/Sunday Schedule

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say, "get fjrchik online"....but that would only bring more frustration on my part.

we still up for this weekend?

Time to plan a ride and GTG for August? That first weekend is going to be busy for me, but I could meet for coffee on the front end on Sunday the 3rd. Somewhere in Grapevine maybe?
I thought we were trying to plan for the first Sunday in August?

We can do it this weekend, too.....just keep the thread alive and some of us will meet up.

Anyone have any suggestions for a route? If not I suggest THIS

The strech of highway 4 north if I-20 into Palo Pinto is actually a nice somewhat hilly curvy road.

Holy shit, dude......I thought we were meeting for coffee/tea er sumptin.....that's a hell of a day right there.

Holy shit, dude......I thought we were meeting for coffee/tea er sumptin.....that's a hell of a day right there.
You know what though Odot, I thought the same thing when I first clicked the link but when I adjusted the zoom level it really seems like a very easy ride. Coffee, kickstands up at 9:30 and your still done in time for a late lunch.

I changed the perspective a little on Fuzzy's map. Fuzzy Map

It's still 200 miles.......and it's gonna be a warm one tomorrow....and the next day....and the next after that.

how bout just a meet and greet?

Odot makes a good point - 100+ degrees this weekend mean it'll still be in the mid to low 90s by the time we finish if we get an early start. OK, so how about just meeting up for coffee and do that ride in a couple months when it's a bit cooler?

So is this gonna be Saturday or Sunday? This weekend or next?

I'd meet you guys tomorrow for cup of tea. Putting a mess of miles in 105degree heat is kinda loopy, though. And, loopy is what you'd be after a ride like that.

Odot, I'll leave it to you to work with what goes on this weekend. I'm going to cruise up to Grapevine to find the name of that independant coffee shop on Main St. I know I spend an embarrasing amount of money at Starbuck's but that's because it's convenient at 5 am. Personally, I'd rather support the mom and pop folks trying to make a buck whenever I can.

Anyway, I'll find out the name of that place then post up the details for a Sunday, August 3rd morning get together in Grapevine.

The weekend after that though, I'll be up for some real miles. I clocked about a thousand miles a couple of weekends ago going down to Bandera and it only got insufferable when I was standing still and who wants to do that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okie doke. Here is what I'm proposing.

What: meet and greet, drink coffee, eat pastries, talk about the good ole days

When: Sunday August 3rd, 9:30 am

Where: Main Street Bread Baking Company, Grapevine TX

Google Map Link

I can only get away for about an hour or so. Anyone else think they can make it?

Okie doke. Here is what I'm proposing.
What: meet and greet, drink coffee, eat pastries, talk about the good ole days

When: Sunday August 3rd, 9:30 am

Where: Main Street Bread Baking Company, Grapevine TX

Google Map Link

I can only get away for about an hour or so. Anyone else think they can make it?

Sounds good to me - I'll be there.

Sunday morning?...I'll be there...but, no coffee for me. I just take a hot tea.

I like tires.....they're..................GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!