DFW area group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son-in-law rides and is familiar with that area as he is from Durant OK
Any trip near Durant requires a stop at the Peanut Brittle Factory. Their natural jams (no sugar added) are the best!

Cuppa joe
I don't think Joe's my type. But yeah a sit down where they offer coffee-like beverages would be a thing. The "Four Star Coffee Bar" in Ft. Worth is excellent and has a WiFi hot spot for searching out oddity details. Anyone have a "Roadside Oddities" or "Strange Texas" book? How about a current "Texas Gazzeteer"? My TG is getting old and I've ripped some pages out for use with rallies.

As for Hill Country. Do a search for between Fredricksburg and Leakey, then ride all the squiggly roads in the area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, that sounds good to me. Once the days are longer it will make it much easier to do a longer trip like that. I usually ride down there with some friends that ride Gold Wings and we stay in Fredericksburg. The area that Bounce mentioned is where a lot of the good roads are. We have been discovering several others just a little farther out. Meanwhile, I am still interested in day rides on the weekends with you guys (and girls) when the weather is reasonable.

GP

My son-in-law rides and is familiar with that area as he is from Durant OK
Any trip near Durant requires a stop at the Peanut Brittle Factory. Their natural jams (no sugar added) are the best!

Cuppa joe
I don't think Joe's my type. But yeah a sit down where they offer coffee-like beverages would be a thing. The "Four Star Coffee Bar" in Ft. Worth is excellent and has a WiFi hot spot for searching out oddity details. Anyone have a "Roadside Oddities" or "Strange Texas" book? How about a current "Texas Gazzeteer"? My TG is getting old and I've ripped some pages out for use with rallies.

As for Hill Country. Do a search for between Fredricksburg and Leakey, then ride all the squiggly roads in the area.
Bounce, where is the Four Star Coffee Bar and when are we meeting (tomorrow). Saturday (tomorrow) would be good for me. I may have to take the cage to Denison Sunday as my youngest is wanting to go visit her mother for the weekend.

hint - tomorrow would be good

Bein' as this weekend doesn't look all that good for a ride an impromptu meet and greet for area FJR riders would make a second best.

:D :D :D :D :D

unless someone wants to try a ride tomorrow. :rolleyes:

https://www.fwculture.com/fourstarcoffeebar.htm

(we were all hairy apes before Google)

58° and cloudy tomorrow. 4SCB serves sandwiches, too. So if we met around lunch or ran over into dinner(ish), we'd still be set.

Who's coming? When's a good time? Who'd bringing their WiFi laptops? And, if someone brings Phoebe or Rachel, I'd be very grateful.

Now I feel silly. Four Star Coffee Bar is right near my old neighborhood. doh! :blink:

Course it has only been there 10 or 11 years and I've been in Parker Co. 20.

Name a time and I am there. If we need a wifi laptop I can go by work and get mine.

Who else is coming?

This has a chance to be the start of something. DFW riders?

I would join youall on my RT but it is still in the shop getting resplined. Looking forward to the arrival of the AE.....John :(

Hey, ya don't need the bike to drink coffee or eat a bite and talk about ridin'.

Kinda like my old hot rod days and bench racin'.

I know we would all rather ride, but hangin' with other FJR owners (or waiters) and plannin' the rides can't be worse than sittin' home and watchin' the idiot box. Or doing chores.

NOON?

RT, C'mon over even without a bike.

Jim, Bring your laptop. Mine's an old 266 I only dust of to update the Power Commander.

Bikes or not, everyone's invited from this forum.

I'd join y'all but I'll be in oakland on saturday and then san antonio on sunday. Damn nba teams....always cutting into my riding time.

Wish I could join you guys but I've got a short weekend. Flew in tonight, fly out Sunday so I'm trying to squeeze as much time with the kids as possible. Assuming weather cooperates next weekend, wife and I are planning on getting in some ride time.

I can join you guys but I have spanish class til noon. So I'll be a bit late. No bike though. Still waitin. Happy to get this started though!

M-

that's okay. everyone knows from last weekend that 10 minutes late is early for me! ;)

---update--

We're here (Jim, Michelle, Rocket, Rich, and I). If you're not here, where are you?

--update 2--

John and Gini also showed up. Lots of potential roads discussed and looked at. Looks like a trip to Hill Country and western Arkansas are also called for.

If this becomes a regualr event, I'm in. Hoped to make it today, but we had a work party at the fire station. We've been pertty hard on the equipment the past couple of weeks and Saturday's `bout the only time we can get all us volunteers at the station when nothing's burnin'.

Look forward to it next time.

If we met at a small but reputable place like baby dolls I am sure that more people would attend.

Well I had fun.

I do need to remember to eat though. Just not on the ball when I forget to eat lunch.

John, thanks mucho for the route info in east TX and Arkansas.

Michelle, I know waiting is a pita but I'm willing to bet you won't be sorry.

Rocket, good to see ya again. Rich, good to meet ya, sorry we didn't get a chance to visit. G, sorry about the communication mixup, but glad you made it.

I look forward to riding with all of you.

I also look forward to meeting for company again. I think we should make it a regular thing, though I have to admit that if we are going to be a DFW group, perhaps a more central meeting place is in order. The Four Star Coffee Bar was about perfect other than being so far for John and others from the Big D side of the metroplex. Wonder if there is something like it in Arlington or the Mid City's area?

And no, Odot, I don't think Baby Dolls is the solution since perhaps not everyone would be interested in that sort of thing. Maybe you can have a meeting after the meeting. Besides, the point here is to discuss the FJR and possible rides and motorcycling in general; Not to make young women of questionable repute wealthy one dollar at a time.

Bounce, thanks. There is nothing that takes the place of experience and you have a wealth of if. Thanks for sharing.

Don't forget to send along the list of weird or unusual places to be mapped out. I have to contribute something besides verbosity. :D

blah blah blah blah

:p :p :bleh: :bleh: :p :p

Glad this is starting to look like it could turn into a regular thing. Sorta looking at a map of the metroplex seems like somwhere around 360 and 183 might be pretty close to dead-center. I can look around there and see if there's a reasonable place for us or maybe someone closer to that area has some ideas.

Glad this is starting to look like it could turn into a regular thing.  Sorta looking at a map of the metroplex seems like somwhere around 360 and 183 might be pretty close to dead-center.  I can look around there and see if there's a reasonable place for us or maybe someone closer to that area has some ideas.
Looking at the members map, guess who shows to be closest to that intersection?

You got it. Odot. :eek:

Ask your wife if Baby Dolls is ok for her. :bigeyes:

If not, and again looking at the members map, I think the most central point for FJRForum members in the DFW area is a little north of there. Say Grapevine? Or that general area?

Hey guys, suggestions? Post 'em here.

If you like TexMex I know a great place in South Arlington, or actually Dalworthington Gardens. I expect that they would have room for us and shouldn't be too put out if we use the semi slack time between lunch and dinner on a Saturday. Just a thought. No wifi hotspot though.

Odot, for the record, I am 100% not serious. Just teasin'

Sorry I was late in arriving, but I enjoyed visiting with all of you. Looking

forward to rounding the ridges off my Pilot Roads with the DFW FJR group.

John

Had a great time today guys! Nice to meet all of ya and looking forward to riding together.

yeah, i'm gonna need a good 9 months lead time on that calendar, bounce! I'm a work in progress at the moment and should be photo-worthy by then!! :D