Do people ask you what your bike is??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nahh, that's an old wive's tale. It's your riding style (speed, momentary lapses in judgement) that gets you stopped by the woo woo car, not the size of the engine. Chances are that the man wouldn't even see the "1300" unless stopped at an intersection.
He said it.... I'm not that creative.

People ask but also because I took the logo off the tank, although I am sure many do not know what the Yamaga logo is.

In any case, I don't care if they know, don't know, or decide on their own.

Usually I get good comments and many cruiser riders/RUBs appreciate it for what it is. Making the windsheild go up and down is like getting their eyes to follow a 20 dollar bill.

Sometimes when they ask, I say:

" It's a Maserati..."

"I didn't know Maserati made bikes.."

"Yep. Just this one. It's a special order. I had to wait over a year to get it"

"Looks fast...."

"It is.."

(then I flip my visor shut and disapear quickly)

KM

I don't know about you guys, but a lot of people never seem to know what make or model my bike is. In all fairness to non-bikers, the FJR is quite subtle in declaring its manufacturer's name and its capacity, so because my bike doesn't have the two stripes on the side (it's an 06 model), I was thinking of doing something like this.....
fjrdecals.jpg

What do you think?

Yup, at a BMW rally last weekend. :blink: It's kinda neat to see somebody's eyes light up when they see what else is out there in the motorcycle world for the ST riders. The Cer. Silver is extremely subtle in a classic euro bike way, the way the Honda ST1100 is a classic Honda Europe design; It's subtle but the trained 2 wheeled eye can see it. :close_tema:

Nobody ever asks me what my ride is, not even those nice people in the "woo woo cars." I must not look very sociable. :nerdsmiley:
What the hell is a "woo woo car?" :dntknw:
Same thing as a mobile patrol platform.

You know, that graphic design is actually starting to grow on me. I was always on the fence with the stripes by themselves, but with a "Yamaha FJR 1300" on it, I kinda like it. I've always thought the fairing on my '06 was a little plain compared to earlier models. You can't see the FJR under my thigh most of the time. No big thigh jokes, I'm only 175 pounds.

I think people have asked me about every bike i had... except my honda 400 hawk :( And i was so proud of my first MOTORCYCLE!!!

I think people have asked me about every bike i had... except my honda 400 hawk :( And i was so proud of my first MOTORCYCLE!!!

Most people who don't ride think all cruisers are harleys ( which they know are the best) and that everything else is a 'crotchrocket' ( which are very dangerous and owned ny irresponsible riders).

So...that about sums it up for what I think people think about my bike. I tell them FJR and they look at me like I just said e=mcsquared" fogetaboutit.

I don't want people to know, just another box to put me in another label to apply to me, another way for the rubs to feel threatened and inseucre about their dispalcement size. They can all leave me the F alone. Now, if someone who knows and appreicates and FJR wants to have a conversation, I'm all ears brother.

...for the rest ...keep 'em guessing... they don't even have a conceptual framework in which to integrate whatever you tell them about the FJR anyways.

To me, that looks tacky as hell, but anybody is free to do whatever they want with their bikes; you asked :p .

I also removed the Yamaha logos from the tank, and only left the 'FJR' plates on the side panels because they're embedded; at least they're much better quality than a decal, like on the tank. Hate decals as well, but had to leave the front Yamaha logo due to being recessed. Later.

JC

I had a moto-cop tell me mine was a beautiful bike. Right after he gave me a $180 ticket.

I said "Thanks".

Fuzzy Balls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on the beemer thing. Though I did have one"slightly" in the know dude ask if it was a Norge.

:jester:

I've always thought the fairing on my '06 was a little plain compared to earlier models.

Me too, so I put 05 FJR decals on it and keep telling the other 06 owners "It came that way."