Dumped my bike this morning...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you get both sides?
That's what I was wondering about...bummer but glad that you're ok......next time (hope there won't be) hold on to the bike when it slides, so the damage is only on one side. JS
rolleyes.gif
That's what I did.
tonguesmiley.gif
I'll try to remember that nugget of ninja knowledge next time Petey...I was a little concerned both the bike and I were going to slide under the truck waiting at the light to turn, The driver was nice enough to get out and help me pick the bike up.

Glad you are OK. It is amazing how much damage an FJR receives from a minor crash. I hope you have a good dealer who can fix it right.

The two things that ended up totaling my 2016 were the front forks being bent and the dents in the exhaust. Those items alone were as much as all the cosmetic stuff that was banged up.

Your scaring me Joe!

I wouldn't consider this a minor get off considering it high sided and all. I keep wondering about getting canyon cages for my 2015. Right now any tip over for me would be disasterious.

Glad your OK,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
"Diesel fuel."

Riiiight.

And Wayne "hit a deer" at EOM.

jester.gif

Glad you're OK. The bike can be fixed / replaced.

The Iron Pony has a nice, shiny '17 ES on the floor. JSNS

I also dumped mine on the weekend in Marlinton but was stationary, just broke my 'I break for pie' sticker that was covering old battle scars. I loved that sticker

Joe, I found insurance very helpful (Dairyland) when I totaled my Connie.

Don't forget you need new gear as well (helmet, jacket, pants, gloves, etc) as the visible and invisible bike damage. All these things (at msrp) (plus labor) really add up.

SO glad you are o.k. to ride another day!
punk.gif

Sorry to hear about your incident Joe, glad you yourself weren't injured though. Would hate to see you re-injure what surgery repaired relatively not too long ago.

Your scaring me Joe!

I wouldn't consider this a minor get off considering it high sided and all. I keep wondering about getting canyon cages for my 2015. Right now any tip over for me would be disasterious.

Glad your OK,
Dave
Dave, you should definately invest in the Canyon Cages. Dropped my '15 pretty hard trying to pop the front tire up onto a 4" curb next to Central Park recently. Thought for sure I'd be finishing the IBR with a broken mirror. Only damage was a little scuffing on the mirror and absolutely nothing else.

Sorry, Joe. I think I've identified your problem. See, you were going to work. I've cut that out of my daily routine. Eliminated a whole category of possible crashes.
wink.png

". . . Don't forget you need new gear as well (helmet, jacket, pants, gloves, underwear, etc) as the visible and invisible bike damage. All these things (at msrp) (plus labor) really add up."
Fixed.

On that ugly "stay" I've bitched about so much--if you're lucky, it broke somewhere in the middle where you'd have room to repair it with one strong and secure brace to fix both sides. If you're not so lucky, the two touch-downs on both sides of the bike broke off both of the weak little ears or tabs that the mirrors attach to--they're small and inaccessible and don't have enough room to do a good brace or splint. OTOH, if insurance is covering, why worry? They'll just replace it (with a brand-new cheap-ass pot metal part that will break again if you ever have another drop, but that's a different thread).

Glad you're OK.

Sorry to hear you crashed my dream bike. Blue 2016 ES

On the bright side Joe, now you can try out and tell us how the Klim gear replacement guarantee works. I was anxious to find out, but didn't want to test it myself.
no.gif

https://www.klim.com/gear-protection-guarantee

INTRODUCING
THE KLIM® GEAR PROTECTION GUARANTEE

KLIM has your back. If you are involved in a motorcycle *accident within FIVE YEARS of purchasing *qualifying KLIM® gear, KLIM® will replace the damaged KLIM® gear FREE OF CHARGE.

If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident and have damaged *qualifying KLIM® gear, here’s how to get it replaced:

1. Take photos of your *qualified damaged gear you are requesting to have replaced.
  2. Obtain a copy of your official accident report and take readable photos/scans of the entire document.
  3. Visit www.klim.com/gear-protection-guarantee and fill in all required information.
  4. Upload all gear photos and accident report photos when prompted.
  5. Once submitted, customer service will review your case and contact you within 10 business days to let you know if you qualify for replacements and arrange the details.
* AN OFFICIAL POLICE REPORT MUST BE PROVIDED TO KLIM® TO REVIEW IN ORDER BE EVALUATED FOR REPLACEMENT GEAR

* QUALIFYING GEAR:

• All KLIM® Motorcycle outerwear Jackets and Pants
  • KLIM® K1R Helmet, KLIM® TK1200 Helmet, KLIM® Krios ADV Helmet
* KLIM® reserves the right to evaluate each accident on a case-by-case basis, establish whether the program rules were followed and approve or deny each request accordingly. * KLIM® will not approve gear replacement requests from riders that have been shown to have caused/contributed to the accident through illegal activity or that were caused by riders under the influence of any mind-altering/illegal substance. * DISCLAIMER: Riding a motorcycle greatly increases your risk of an accident. Please ride responsibly and always wear protective gear to reduce the chance of injury.

Hey Joe, glad you are ok. Hope the bike gets fixed up better then new. Defiantly love my Canyon Cages

Latest posts