Dunlop Roadsmart 3

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am liking mine to date, nice soft smooth grippy ride, unknown as to mileage/and the wet stuff as of this time. Did get my 60$ rebate in the mail the other day plus a good price at the shop. I have noticed the comfy ride has me going a little faster than I think I am. Never been a peg dragger but these make leaning easy. Oh yes, little over 2200 miles.I am running the frt at 37psi and the rear at 42psi.
Where are you finding rebates? I checked Revzilla and Jake Wilson....both are $169.95 for rear, no rebate listed.
At least in Canada, the rebate is a mail-in directly to Dunlop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am liking mine to date, nice soft smooth grippy ride, unknown as to mileage/and the wet stuff as of this time. Did get my 60$ rebate in the mail the other day plus a good price at the shop. I have noticed the comfy ride has me going a little faster than I think I am. Never been a peg dragger but these make leaning easy. Oh yes, little over 2200 miles.I am running the frt at 37psi and the rear at 42psi.
Where are you finding rebates? I checked Revzilla and Jake Wilson....both are $169.95 for rear, no rebate listed.
the 60$ rebate from the manufacturers site is for the set, i paid $190 for mine for the fjr after rebate, price was way too good to pass up. felt good after day 1 about 400+ miles in the twisties.

the 60$ rebate from the manufacturers site is for the set, i paid $190 for mine for the fjr after rebate, price was way too good to pass up. felt good after day 1 about 400+ miles in the twisties.
The only "set" rebate form I can find expired in June, and you also had to purchase the road hazard warranty...is there a new rebate? If so, I can't locate it....

Ok, thanks for the info. I guess Jake Wilson shows themselves as the dealer and puts in some type of "service" to qualify.,

Where are you guys finding the pair for under $200.00 after rebate? The best price I can find before rebate is $298.11 before rebate.
That's what I paid, Kevin...-$60 rebate brings the price down to $238.11, guess I'll be changing mine sooner than expected...

this happened yesterday...two nails a 1/4" apart...2 plugs, and it's not holding air. Damnit!!!

Where are you guys finding the pair for under $200.00 after rebate? The best price I can find before rebate is $298.11 before rebate.
That's what I paid, Kevin...-$60 rebate brings the price down to $238.11, guess I'll be changing mine sooner than expected...

this happened yesterday...two nails a 1/4" apart...2 plugs, and it's not holding air. Damnit!!!
Bummer dude! Sometimes this helps https://www.ride-on.com/motorcycle-formula-mot.html

An aside, mine have not lost any air pressure while sitting in the garage for 5 weeks. (Riding the V-strom dl1000, its a hoot.)

2500 miles so far and I'm liking them. See how the look in another 5000 before I pass judgement. A little more tire hum than some while going straight. Smoother than Bridgestone T30s. To the point I was wondering if pressure was low. No drama in the rain or a very cold 37 deg F morning coming out of Wawa Ontario a few days ago!

Damn It! I knew I should have procrastinated. Now they've upped the rebate to $100.00 on purchases between September 1st and 10th. Since these new ones should be about toast after EOM, SFO. and Hooterville I might as well get another set ordered up on the 1st.
https://www.dunlopmotorcycletires.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/17D_NatSep_Rebate-1.png
Thanks for the info...might snag a spare set at this price!

--G

Avon rear $148.88 @ RM ATV free shipping, 15,000 mile treadwear warranty. 8000 miles on tire, get 7/15 of the replacement cost back. Or $79.40 for 8,000 miles. How can you best that?

I ordered my set yesterday, with the $60 rebate...just called Jake Wilson..they shipped already...asked them why they are not showing the latest ($100 rebate) coupon since Dunlop has it on their website...they told me to call them when tires come in...they'll do a "return" and "re-order" after Sept 1 date, so looks like I will be able to do the $100 rebate.

Yea...The $100 rebate is only 9-1 to 9-10. I'm waiting too.

I ordered my set yesterday, with the $60 rebate...just called Jake Wilson..they shipped already...asked them why they are not showing the latest ($100 rebate) coupon since Dunlop has it on their website...they told me to call them when tires come in...they'll do a "return" and "re-order" after Sept 1 date, so looks like I will be able to do the $100 rebate.

The rebates are great, but if they need to rebate these tires in order to sell them and up the rebate at this point, then it makes me wonder why they are clearing out inventory.