Dunlop Roadsmart 3

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$298.11 through Jake Wilson -$100 rebate. Fast delivery too. Just placed my order. Thanks for posting this, I would have missed it.
I've got almost 8k miles on my original set, 2 sets in my basement...first set I bought before any rebates, second set $60 rebate, third set $100 rebate.
How do they grip compared to the Angels?
$298.11 through Jake Wilson -$100 rebate. Fast delivery too. Just placed my order. Thanks for posting this, I would have missed it.
I bought a set from Jake Wilson also. Ordered them on Friday and they arrived today. Today, I receive an email from Jake Wilson with a link to the online rebate form. All I had to do was fill it out and they will mail it in.Now if they would only put the tires on for me. :)
If you lived a little closer, I'd put them on for you. :)

If you lived a little closer, I'd put them on for you.
smile.png

Thanks, that is very nice of you. I am going to tackle it tomorrow. I need to put the rear one on before I head out for Missouri on Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my tires day before yesterday. They're awesome. They look like....Tires. haha...So, actually, I don't know if they're awesome yet. We'll see.

Turned out Jake Wilson had a hiccup and didn't send me the rebate link when the tires shipped. So I called them, and the lady did it for me over the phone. That was super cool. Got an email yesterday that my rebate request was accepted. Nice!

I didn't get a rebate link either. Emailed Jake Wilson. Tires are on the way. Probably be mid winter before I'm ready for them.

I just received my tires yesterday. Current Conti tires are still OK, though I don't know how many more miles they have in them. I'll be ready with these RS3s when the time comes.

I didn't get a rebate link either. Emailed Jake Wilson. Tires are on the way. Probably be mid winter before I'm ready for them.
I had the same problem. I emailed Jake Wilson and they responded quickly and sent me the link.

They sent me the rebate email today, 5 days after getting my tires. Doesn't bother me at all considering the tires came in 1 day, which is phenomenal. Filled out the form online and they'll attach the receipt for me. Great service, IMHO.

Where are you finding rebates? I checked Revzilla and Jake Wilson....both are $169.95 for rear, no rebate listed.
Weird, I bought a set from Discountmototires.com out of Ottawa, IL. The price was incredible (I thought). With the $100 rebate, my cost was right around $150 for the pair. I just re-checked their website, they no longer have the prices I was offered.

My Order:
Qty. Part Number Product Name Price Line Total

1 0302-1143 Roadsmart III Rear Tires $144.61 $144.61
1 0301-0688 Roadsmart III Front Tires $110.69 $110.69

Current price is 291.73

Rebates ended 9-10-17

I find it "interesting" that the US get's a $100 rebate and Canada only gets $60
uhoh.gif

Got them installed last week and I must say, like them a lot.

Sure, any new tire is going to feel great after worn ones but it seems to me the back end wants to corner better than other tires I have used.

I feel more confident leaning it over.

I find it "interesting" that the US get's a $100 rebate and Canada only gets $60
uhoh.gif
...and that's in Canadian dollars! (USA rebate started out at $60)

In any case, even without the rebate, I will most likely get another set once these are worn out.

Rode them at EOM on serious curves as fast as reasonable with a passenger. Pumped them up tight Saturday morning and ripped my way up to the Greenbrier Resort and back to Wytheville. Blew through VA, WV, TN, and western NC, before settling onto the slab for transiting the sprawl of metro Atlanta.

These may be my favorite tires ever. As responsive as PR4-GTs but priced considerably lower.

I also rode the RS3s to EOM. After a couple of thousand miles I like them very much. The best thing about them so far is that they hardly even notice tar snakes. None of the drama on tar snakes that I experienced with Pilot Roads and especially when I tried the Angels. The only thing I have not done is ride them in the wet yet.