EOM '11

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, where's ZOOOMM? He better be going.
Don't worry Iris I am sure he will show up. He is just not as fast as you. ;)
Oh, I think he's just as fast as Iris when he isn't babysitting a group of us conservative riders. ;)
Are you saying HerFjr is not a good babysitter for us? I wondered why she is always yelling ketchup! Good babysitters shouldn't yell like that. :lol:

I'm joking Iris, sort of. :tease:

Hey Bill,

Just curious, where do you go on the even years? I bet you drink some of that orange Koolaid. :D

We should be ariving on Wednesday in the Gap. Heading out on Sunday. Staying in the lodge also and booked as soon as it was posted.

Dave

Hey Bill,

Just curious, where do you go on the even years? I bet you drink some of that orange Koolaid. :D

We should be ariving on Wednesday in the Gap. Heading out on Sunday. Staying in the lodge also and booked as soon as it was posted.

Dave
Dave,

I booked a Woodland room on November 15 last year for S76 and myself. Used the parks veteran discount and save a couple of bucks over the eom rate. Arriving early Friday afternoon to kick some tires and enjoy the bbq.

I thought about bringing the rv with both bikes in tow, but the camp spots are too small.

You know about this KY park? I want to get a moonbow picture with my fjr in it. Hope there isn't a sign on the path to the falls that says pedestrian traffic only, NO FJR'S. I'll bring my rebel slr and tripod and pray for no clouds.

See you in Kentucky!

Bill

And about that orange. Are you slowing down this fall that you could take a few days during the week on the Puppy Dog? Or are you still free only weekends? A Vermont local said they are changing the route next year to take out some pavement and recommends riding it North to South for the best views.

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan on camping and would also like to split a campsite if anyone is interested. There are still ALOT of tent sites open just not on Cliffy. I had not planned to reserve a site as most sites have a max of 8 people some 16. That is alot of tents on one site. As with my experience in Kentucky State Parks the campgrounds will USUALLY make exceptions for tents. I my area (Western KY) it is common to see up to 4 tents around one site in group situations.
Barry,

I split a site with you. What site number do you have?

Troy

I plan on camping and would also like to split a campsite if anyone is interested. There are still ALOT of tent sites open just not on Cliffy. I had not planned to reserve a site as most sites have a max of 8 people some 16. That is alot of tents on one site. As with my experience in Kentucky State Parks the campgrounds will USUALLY make exceptions for tents. I my area (Western KY) it is common to see up to 4 tents around one site in group situations.
Barry,

I split a site with you. What site number do you have?

Troy
Doesn't have a site. Was looking to share also. Think I am gonna wait and see how it plays out. There are alot of sites open in a different part of the campground.

Hey Bill,

Dave
Dave,

You know about this KY park? I want to get a moonbow picture with my fjr in it. Hope there isn't a sign on the path to the falls that says pedestrian traffic only, NO FJR'S. I'll bring my rebel slr and tripod and pray for no clouds.

See you in Kentucky!

Bill

And about that orange. Are you slowing down this fall that you could take a few days during the week on the Puppy Dog? Or are you still free only weekends? A Vermont local said they are changing the route next year to take out some pavement and recommends riding it North to South for the best views.
Hey Bill,

I just read up some on the Moonbow but we may be a little late to see it. First I herd of it.

2011 Moonbow Dates

September 10-11-12-13-14

It's hard for me to get any weekday time off unless I play hookie and call in sick. I am allways busy but sometimes I just have to force myself to get away and say the hell with it. I have a new front tire I still haven't put on the XR and I am getting some kind of rubbing sound out of the rear That I have to check out. I have a feeling I may have over torqued the axle nut.

See you at EOM!

Called the campground today (Sat) and left a message and my number didn't get a call back. Barry are you saying plenty of tent sites are always available? Cant wait to hang with like minded FJR people. :dribble:

Called the campground today (Sat) and left a message and my number didn't get a call back. Barry are you saying plenty of tent sites are always available? Cant wait to hang with like minded FJR people. :dribble:
There are two tent camping areas at Cumberland. The "best" area is sold out. The other is not. I am pretty sure they are walking distance apart. But why walk at moto rally. Anyway if people will "share" the site they have reserved there should be plenty of room. Never the less some of us will have to spil over into the other sites and just party with the cool kids. Ha

I suggest you call on monday and speak to Betty; she is handling the group camping sites - no guarantee, but she'll do what she can.

I suggest you call on monday and speak to Betty; she is handling the group camping sites - no guarantee, but she'll do what she can.

Left my number with Betty so when I call back Monday she should have a clue who called. Thanks :rolleyes:

Left my number with Betty so when I call back Monday she should have a clue who called. Thanks :rolleyes:
Let us know what you find out.

As much as I hate to say it, looks like I will have to miss the first EOM Camp Gathering.

Started a new job and will be in training at the time of EOM this year.

This will be the first EOM missed for me since 05, really bummed at that.

Hope you guys and gals have a great time and ride safe.

Looking forward to getting back on track next year.

Mark

I am in. Coming down Thursday going back Sunday. Woodland was the only room open. FJR block was filled up. Was able to get a reservation just on my own. Interstetingly rates quoted were actually less than posted here.

EOM Lodging Info

We have hit the cut off for the room block I had set up with Cumberland Falls. All remaining rooms have been released back to the front desk for general reservations. There are rooms available right now, but they will go fast. The rest of the resort is sold out for the EOM weekend. This is a popular time of year, and they are typically sold out well in advance.

If you have been on the fence about going, I strongly suggest you make reservations now; you can always cancel them later or pass them to another member.

Call today!!

See everyone next month!!

Wayne

Ray,

could you PM the rate you were quoted. The rate I locked in was supposed to be lowest offered; maybe I can get it applied to the rest of the event.

thanks,

Wayne

I am in. Coming down Thursday going back Sunday. Woodland was the only room open. FJR block was filled up. Was able to get a reservation just on my own. Interstetingly rates quoted were actually less than posted here.

Just got off the phone with Betty @ the campground. There are two more sites available with the group at Cliffy. They are $15 ea(no hook-ups) a night. Plenty of sites available in other parts of the campground. Something I mentioned earlier, each site can have more than one tent. So sharing sites is not a problem. There is a group of three sites together that can have up to 8 tents among the three so we will have PLENTY of room. If you want to MAKE SURE u have a site, reserve, however there should be plenty of sites to share with a fellow member. Just a heads up.