EOM 2014 - Maggie Valley - 26-28 Sept 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do the roads compare to let's say the Dragon, Ohio 555 or the routes in Lacrosse Wis. Never really been in that area of the country. Just spent 3 days on the Dragon ........ Can 't wait to do that again.
Just realized Maggie Valley is NC thought it was in the Ar area. Should be great riding there.
Book it Jeff! You can have a replay :)

It sure was a fun time. I'll have to get the name of the town we stopped and had a burger. Cool area numerous small restaurants and great scenery ;-). The burgers were all gourmet type ....salmon burger, all sorts of cheeses etc. Man they were good.

Got my monies worth on the new P4's even ended up doing a blast in the rain .....stuck really good

Got me a room. Did I miss registration link or is it not up yet? I'll be coming in on Thursday from NAFO after short layover at my place just north of Lexington, Ky. Noticed others are attending both events maybe some opportunity for joint exploration as I plan on little or no slab between.

Got me a room. Did I miss registration link or is it not up yet? I'll be coming in on Thursday from NAFO after short layover at my place just north of Lexington, Ky. Noticed others are attending both events maybe some opportunity for joint exploration as I plan on little or no slab between.
You are correct...registration not open yet. See you at NAFO

I too was looking for registration and couldn't find it...I will attend both NAFO and EOM but don't have the time (after stopping at home) to meander, so I will have to slab it (with my bud zzzzip) to EOM...
bike.gif

Petey,

You're trailering to EOM with Zzzzzzzzip? I thought that's how Skip rolled? :D

Look forward to seeing you there.

...and Skip, too. I guess. :)

How do the roads compare to let's say the Dragon, Ohio 555 or the routes in Lacrosse Wis. Never really been in that area of the country. Just spent 3 days on the Dragon ........ Can 't wait to do that again.
Just realized Maggie Valley is NC thought it was in the Ar area. Should be great riding there.
Book it Jeff! You can have a replay
smile.png
It sure was a fun time. I'll have to get the name of the town we stopped and had a burger. Cool area numerous small restaurants and great scenery ;-). The burgers were all gourmet type ....salmon burger, all sorts of cheeses etc. Man they were good.

Got my monies worth on the new P4's even ended up doing a blast in the rain .....stuck really good
Glad to hear buddy, I have a new PR4 on my front. When I got to the MOA Rally, the front didn't quite look like it had another 1500 in it, so they had two dealers at the Rally doing tires with pretty fair pricing. 20 minutes and a very reasonable $1.50 beer later, done. I put a new PR2 on the rear before I went out there.

And.... thanks for jinxing me man w my g/f Debbie. She's now got the noose around my sack as we speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I'm afraid of, Hollywood.
Be that as it may, I hope your Jeep makes it here.
Not sure I follow you Wheaton? "Be that as it may, hope your jeep makes it here" ?

I don't own a jeep ??? Or was that for someone else?

The burger joint was in Knoxville .....so that a little bit of a ride. It is a pretty cool area just about a block long. The place was called Stock & Barrel. Excellent burgers and the salmon was amazing.

TopSpeed .... Comes with age u begin to know what their thinking. The P4 are a nice tire, I've got about 2500 miles or so on them.

Felt very confident in the rain doing a run down the gap.

TopSpeed .... Comes with age u begin to know what their thinking. The P4 are a nice tire, I've got about 2500 miles or so on them. Felt very confident in the rain doing a run down the gap.
Yeah Debbie now says, you choose your trip (singular) amongst CFR, NAFO and EOM. Man, castration sucks!

I still like the PR2 for longevity but are trying the 4's. We'll see.

TopSpeed .... Comes with age u begin to know what their thinking. The P4 are a nice tire, I've got about 2500 miles or so on them. Felt very confident in the rain doing a run down the gap.
Yeah Debbie now says, you choose your trip (singular) amongst CFR, NAFO and EOM. Man, castration sucks!

I don't think they allow Beemers at NAFO...JSNS

Well, for many of us NAFO and EOM will be one single trip.
bike.gif
I'm just trying to be helpful here....
bye.gif

So, that's why KJ is a cabin pussy.... castration, huh? & cabins offer a safe place to paint his nails without judgement.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think they allow Beemers at NAFO...JSNS
Joe, who said I'm coming in on a Beemer? :)

Well, for many of us NAFO and EOM will be one single trip.
bike.gif
I'm just trying to be helpful here....
bye.gif
You know that was what I was planning, just going to tell Deb that it's just one big event! (and for some it will be!). So Greg, I may be doing the 2-event loop as 1 event ;)

So, that's why KJ is a cabin pussy.... castration, huh? & cabins offer a safe place to paint his nails without judgement.
Since I just got back from Minny-sow-tah... "You-Betcha!" ...just remember, Allen is your original cabin pussy, I'm just an imitator at best :)