EOM 2014 - Maggie Valley - 26-28 Sept 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... I'm going to have to back out of the event this year. Just accepted a position in south Florida. Starting a new job, house hunting, selling this house, moving the family... all that stuff is really going to take precedent over a bike trip.
Ken??!! Flatistan? Really? You going to become Howie's right hand manatee?

Seriously, congrats and good luck with the move!
Howie isn't in "South Florida" but, you'll be close enough to throw rocks at him! :D

Well... I'm going to have to back out of the event this year. Just accepted a position in south Florida. Starting a new job, house hunting, selling this house, moving the family... all that stuff is really going to take precedent over a bike trip.
Ken??!! Flatistan? Really? You going to become Howie's right hand manatee?
Seriously, congrats and good luck with the move!
Howie isn't in "South Florida" but, you'll be close enough to throw rocks at him!
biggrin.png
...and he isn't fast, so that should be pretty easy. Pull!

Sweet!! Anyone that throws rocks at Howie is a friend of mine. If you were going to EOM, I'd buy you a beer...or two

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this sucks about you not being there (Although one rider has been spared
rolleyes.gif
)

Careful on your selection of homes in S. Florida. Insurance wise, East of I-95 is a drain $$$. Some times it is best to rent for a year to know the area

before you purchase- Just a thought. Now you will see why we are Long Distance riders (To get to good roads) The plus side of it is that you can ride all

year round and chuckle at the "Winter storage" threads or the whining about how cold January is.
punk.gif

We're pretty focused on Parkland right now... Looks like a great school district and high enough "elevation" that flooding from sea level rise shouldn't be a problem for 100 years or so...
rolleyes.gif

I just made a reservation for me and my wife, This will be my first FJR meeting. I just got my 2005 in June 2014 and my wife will be riding her Kaw ER6n
Looking forward to meeting the group. We will come in Friday after lunch time
Good on ya both! My first FJR meet too!

I didn't read through 14 pages of this thread. Call me lazy, you'd be right.

Is there a link for sign up, roster of attendees, possible routes, etc?

Or is this one of those "show up and come ride with us" kind of things?

My "Plan A" for a Fall Bike Tour is fading away like a fart in the wind. I'm considering this for Plan B.

I didn't read through 14 pages of this thread. Call me lazy, you'd be right.
Is there a link for sign up, roster of attendees, possible routes, etc?

Or is this one of those "show up and come ride with us" kind of things?

My "Plan A" for a Fall Bike Tour is fading away like a fart in the wind. I'm considering this for Plan B.
Registration is not open yet. There will be routes

I've got a feeling I'm going to regret not doing EOM this year...Damn it.
Of course you will. And you'd regret not going to any of the other rallies each year after you attend one time. They are all that good. And you can't do it all unless you are Petey or Beemerdons, so you pick and choose.
unknw.gif

Of course you will. And you'd regret not going to any of the other rallies each year after you attend one time. They are all that good. And you can't do it all unless you are Petey or Beemerdons, so you pick and choose.
unknw.gif
Yea...I know...and I'm sure I'll have a great time at NAFO (first time). But I will miss seeing all the friends I've made at the last 3 EOM's

I'm impressed we will have some old friends from CA and NM at the EOM This is going to be fun. We should pick up some Reubens for old time sake.

unknw.gif
Oh yeah, the life of the... "rich and the retired!". :)

I still got almost 20 years yet, so my status is still... "poor and the working" :(

unknw.gif
Yea...I know...and I'm sure I'll have a great time at NAFO (first time). But I will miss seeing all the friends I've made at the last 3 EOM's
Same boat here. I've been to the last 4 EOM's. I'm pretty sure I'm bowing out of this year to do NAFO instead. The reason is purely logisitical. 4 days of travel time vs 2. So I'll likely see you in La Crosse.

Latest posts