EOM 2014 - Maggie Valley - 26-28 Sept 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See... I expect Bob to brag! Not you Allen. lol!

That's to bad, Bob. My wife loved that run on the tail...even though she was a bit surprised when we touched down both right pegs!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a great time last year at EOM and was really looking forward to this year but things are not looking good.
not_i.gif
Lost my job last October and Unemployment ran out in April. The wife lost her job five years ago and has only been able to get temp work since and her last assignment ended in March. So right now we have plenty of free time but no income to pay for food, fuel or a room for the night while traveling.

Plus I was hoping to go to the SE COG "Run With The Wolf" 20th Anniversary at Two Wheels of Suches (GA) Sept 4-7th. It is unlikely in the next few months that I will manage to come up with the funds to attend both events.

greedy.gif
sadsmiley02.gif
cry.gif
waaa.gif

www.linkedin.com/in/maaldea/

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a great time last year at EOM and was really looking forward to this year but things are not looking good.
not_i.gif
Lost my job last October and Unemployment ran out in April. The wife lost her job five years ago and has only been able to get temp work since and her last assignment ended in March. So right now we have plenty of free time but no income to pay for food, fuel or a room for the night while traveling.
Plus I was hoping to go to the SE COG "Run With The Wolf" 20th Anniversary at Two Wheels of Suches (GA) Sept 4-7th. It is unlikely in the next few months that I will manage to come up with the funds to attend both events.

greedy.gif
sadsmiley02.gif
cry.gif
waaa.gif

www.linkedin.com/in/maaldea/

Good luck with the job search. I know good jobs are scarce in upstate NY, but I thought things were better in north NJ. Guess I was wrong. I see from your linkedin page that you went to Rutgers, Newark. I got my bachelors there. Excellent school.

Reservation made. First EOM. Been to SFO four times so I figured it was time for a change of scenery. Hope this is as much fun.

You'll enjoy it, fjr Mississippi. I followed you from the hotel in Little Rock to Eureka Springs on SFO 09. You had your turn signal on the whole time.
smile.png
This will be my third EOM. It never gets old. See you there.
bye.gif

You'll enjoy it, fjr Mississippi. I followed you from the hotel in Little Rock to Eureka Springs on SFO 09. You had your turn signal on the whole time.
smile.png
This will be my third EOM. It never gets old. See you there.
bye.gif
Yes I remember that. That was a very long day and I was very tired. Look forward to it.

You will have the opportunity to "Slay the Dragon". You will buy the sticker. Don't worry, The second time the white knuckles will go away and a Big smile will appear on your face.
biggrin.png
guitar.gif

How was that bragging?
Eh, it's water under the bridge now. I do expect you two to ride briskly still, even if it isn't quite as agressive enough for you to lose your brakes! We really had a blast on that ride Saturday!

Booked room, now I have to go!
Oh Boy, never been that far east and south.
Awesome! Are you riding out? You have some great riding in you are in the Sierra's and should like what you find in NC and TN. My wife and I will actually be out your way next month...we are flying into SFO then renting an FJR and riding up to Tahoe for a couple days then coming back to the East Bay for my family reunion in Fremont.

Safe travels to you!

Yo. Searching the thread for "sharing," as in room sharing didn't get any results. This GTG is in my neck of the woods, but if I can make it, I'd be up for splitting the cost of a room. Has there been any discussion of this? Thx!

Yo. Searching the thread for "sharing," as in room sharing didn't get any results. This GTG is in my neck of the woods, but if I can make it, I'd be up for splitting the cost of a room. Has there been any discussion of this? Thx!
Usually people will just post in this thread if they have a room available to split. I may have half a room to share, but will not know for sure until late August.

Cool.

You will absolutely kick yourself if you don't bring the 990SM.
Man I wish I could bring that but there is no way my ass would make it on the v twin and I suspect I'll be wishing I had my KLR when I see dirt roads.

Real good you...going to EOM, but not NAFO. I guess I'll have to head west to drink some Tequila with you .
I had to pick on or the other and I have been to LaCrosse in 09. Joe, are you coming to EOM?

How was that bragging?
Eh, it's water under the bridge now. I do expect you two to ride briskly still, even if it isn't quite as agressive enough for you to lose your brakes! We really had a blast on that ride Saturday!

Awesome! Are you riding out? You have some great riding in you are in the Sierra's and should like what you find in NC and TN. My wife and I will actually be out your way next month...we are flying into SFO then renting an FJR and riding up to Tahoe for a couple days then coming back to the East Bay for my family reunion in Fremont.

Safe travels to you!
I will be on my Hondapotamas with a happy butt the whole way. Sending pm about you visit.

Your Hondapotamus is gonna get you some popeye forearms if you try the Twisty Blast route from a few years ago. Just ask Griff...it's insane.