EOM 2015 Home Safe Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miss Donna and Papa Chuy Viejo are safely home in Chandler, Arizona. 5K miles and a thousand smiles at EOM, what a blast!

Only one small problem with our BMW M3 Convertible, on Saturday night the alarm was malfunctioning and could not be reset!

Called an AZ Beemers Friend Sunday morning who has owned both BMW Motorraden and Bimmer Automobiles for decades.

Bob asked if my car had been exposed to any radio waves or electromagnetic impulses, I replied we went to the US Astronomy Center in West Virginia, he responded that perhaps this was the problem. After I got off the phone the word magnet stuck in my mind, then I remembered some Frostback Hoser had "gifted" me with two car badge magnets. Sure enough the large magnet on the left was right next to the drivers door handle/keyset. Presto, I moved both magnets to the fender, no more alarm woes! PS: The CA beer cap opener does work great, thanks eh!

BeemerDonS has said it once, I have said it a million times: Canadians - You can't live with them and you can't live with them, eh!

P1010218.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Canadians gave the Germans a good whippin' in Holland during the war and we are given' the Germans headaches still.......... hahahahahahahahahahahaha

We're sorry..........................................well not really but I thought that as a polite Canadian it was expected that we say we are sorry.

Miss Donna and Papa Chuy Viejo are safely home in Chandler, Arizona. 5K miles and a thousand smiles at EOM, what a blast!
Only one small problem with our BMW M3 Convertible, on Saturday night the alarm was malfunctioning and could not be reset!

Called an AZ Beemers Friend Sunday morning who has owned both BMW Motorraden and Bimmer Automobiles for decades.

Bob asked if my car had been exposed to any radio waves or electromagnetic impulses, I replied we went to the US Astronomy Center in West Virginia, he responded that perhaps this was the problem. After I got off the phone the word magnet stuck in my mind, then I remembered some Frostback Hoser had "gifted" me with two car badge magnets. Sure enough the large magnet on the left was right next to the drivers door handle/keyset. Presto, I moved both magnets to the fender, no more alarm woes! PS: The CA beer cap opener does work great, thanks eh!

BeemerDonS has said it once, I have said it a million times: Canadians - You can't live with them and you can't live with them, eh!

P1010218.jpg
Glad to hear all is well Pappa. I heard your alarm going off, more than once at that!. I figured you were still shit-faced and couldn't read the remote clearly.

It was great seeing you again, and, meeting Ms. Donna for the very first time. She's precious!. I know you treat her like a queen!, as you should! ....Debbie saw your umbrella quick draw upon walking her across the street when we were leaving the Cantina. I got the "you should be more gentleman-like, you could take lessons from Don!, I really like him!" oh boy, and thanks.

Can't wait for the next one, and, we may have to talk Debbie into a cross country trip, eh!? ese!?

The Canadians gave the Germans a good whippin' in Holland during the war and we are given' the Germans headaches still.......... hahahahahahahahahahahaha We're sorry..........................................well not really but I thought that as a polite Canadian it was expected that we say we are sorry.

Glad you made it safely Vic!

We're not home yet, staying in Waynesville right now. Nothing but rain this whole trip, except for a little while today. Was able to get out to the BRP and 215, and Marie loved it! Off to Tellico tomorrow, with rain of course. Still, we're loving life right now! :)

Glad you made it safely Vic!We're not home yet, staying in Waynesville right now. Nothing but rain this whole trip, except for a little while today. Was able to get out to the BRP and 215, and Marie loved it! Off to Tellico tomorrow, with rain of course. Still, we're loving life right now! :)
Try looking at the weather radar and go the other direction of from rain. Glad to help. You're Welcome. :)

For the record, the Beemer alarm was going off long before the magnets appeared..... in fact they seemed to reduce the occurrences.....

And now my wheel bearing story..... on the way down, I noticed a light grumbling noise which could have been the rotors and pads, the wheel bearings or that new tire that was installed just prior to the trip. The noise really didn't seem to get worse as time went on, and after several checks, eliminated the rotors and thought the bearings (hubs did not heat up one iota) weren't it. Seemed like the tire was out of round or had some anomaly...... long story short, got all the way home (a few times checked for all three potential issues) with the noise getting a tad worse. Did an inspection on the hoist of all items, and with calipers off, it became obvious it was the left front bearing. Peeled off the seals, still had grease (they are very well sealed) but left front one was a tad rough. No spares in my stash, so ordered some.