EOM 2015 - Location Discussion

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody that rides with me knows I don't need a radar detector.

wink.png
Wait...too slow?

innocent.gif

Wait...what??? You and Bob got passed by Harleys? Where? EOM?
It was ONE harley with a group of other bikes and I was being a responsible group leader!
Phew!

I was getting worried there. The FYB I know only gets passed by Harleys if he's parked at a rest stop.

Anybody that rides with me knows I don't need a radar detector.

wink.png
Wait...too slow?

innocent.gif
Yeah, you might not want to ride with me. I'm kind of pokey.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was ONE harley with a group of other bikes and I was being a responsible group leader!
It was 2 Harley's and a UJM if I recall correctly that passed us on the right while Bob was leading us on the Chernobal Parkway. I understand the Harley's figured they had a chance with my Hippo in the rear but I'm sure they were blown away passing FJR's on the Parkway.

Can't say another word as I swore to secrecy or something like that over a few cold ones in the EOM parking lot. Bob is a great group leader and must be obeyed.

Damn that was a fun day!

It was 2 Harley's and a UJM if I recall correctly that passed us on the right while Bob was leading us on the Chernobal Parkway. I understand the Harley's figured they had a chance with my Hippo in the rear but I'm sure they were blown away passing FJR's on the Parkway.

Can't say another word as I swore to secrecy or something like that over a few cold ones in the EOM parking lot. Bob is a great group leader and must be obeyed.

Damn that was a fun day!
Now you are making shit up. We were NOT on the Cherahala! Just try and pass me on that road! We were on the slab section of the Great Smokey Mt. Expressway. Doug!
fuck.gif

I was thinking there had to be some kind of good reason...like maybe you were fixing a flat tire or something.

Oh, and Bob has always been a great group leader, at least as long as I've ridden with him.

Damn that was a fun day!
Now you are making shit up. We were NOT on the Cherahala! Just try and pass me on that road! We were on the slab section of the Great Smokey Mt. Expressway. Doug!
fuck.gif
Hell I didn't know where we were, I was just another tourist following Bob.
rolleyes.gif

I'm not passing anyone (except Harley's) with the Hippo however the 990 is another story.

Ya may want to rethink riding with this old fart too. About two years ago I was at 10 points on the SC 12 pt Rickter Scale.
shok.gif
Haven't really slowed since then, just got more devious in choosing where to practice my criminal activities.

Ya may want to rethink riding with this old fart too. About two years ago I was at 10 points on the SC 12 pt Rickter Scale. :shok: Haven't really slowed since then, just got more devious in choosing where to practice my criminal activities.
Yeah...our beloved FJR's were not made to stay within the speed limit. It takes very precise throttle control just to keep it within the 5-10 mph over limit, in most areas.