EOM 2015 Routes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YesMy bad

VA600

Awesome scenic ride. The wife and I on the wing got some awful good looks on the "fjr friendly GRAVEL" part. Outstanding job! I never would have found that route.

Will be doing part of the southern sphincter on the way home tomorrow
I bet, folks probably thought you were nutz and...
smile.png

Enjoy the sphincter south and be careful, the twisties get very tight in a few places.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to get them to open properly on the pute. Whichever Garmin App I'm using at the moment views them as straight lines between the waypoints.

Thanks Lee & Jim! Routes look great! Thanks to Wayne also of course, looks like you have a great shin-dig shaping up! :)

I need to get them to open properly on the pute. Whichever Garmin App I'm using at the moment views them as straight lines between the waypoints.
Import the .gpx into your BaseCamp.

If you have a mapset mis-match and you have straight lines between Via Points, simply click the "Recalculate Route" (within BaseCamp). It should then mold to the roads using your mapset. Important: Do this when your GPS is connected to your computer and BaseCamp. Also note; It takes some minutes to pair the two once you have the GPS USB'd, so be patient, check out the lower left pane for a status of this connection.

Another suggest, make sure your Route settings within BC are set as 'Fastest' as well as your GPS. Check your other avoidance's as well, these can alter the import from BC to your GPS.

Post up any prob's, I've pretty much pulled my hair out on most of these issues through time. Yes, I'm almost bald now
wink.png

I took a quick look though the routes.....I don't see the EOM 500???
See..... Told you, Wayne. You're missing one....
Oh Dear God! Let me quote my friend, Heidi... (Lovetoride) about the 500 mile route at Maggie Valley.
"Just like an ugly woman... That route has ten foot pole marks all over it" I'm still laughing at that one. :D

Oh Dear God! Let me quote my friend, Heidi... (Lovetoride) about the 500 mile route at Maggie Valley. "Just like an ugly woman... That route has ten foot pole marks all over it" I'm still laughing at that one. :D
I love me a challenge....
Wayne was the only one that finished that route in Magiee Valley. Go for it. I'll have a cold beer waiting for you. :)

Oh Dear God! Let me quote my friend, Heidi... (Lovetoride) about the 500 mile route at Maggie Valley."Just like an ugly woman... That route has ten foot pole marks all over it" I'm still laughing at that one.
biggrin.png
Wayne was the only one that finished that route in Magiee Valley. Go for it. I'll have a cold beer waiting for you.
smile.png
We would have, if we hadn't started at 8:00. Still ended up doing 95% of the route in Hendersonville...I think Wayne left at 0 dark 30

Brenda and I finished the one from Hendersonville.......2-up.

Oh Dear God! Let me quote my friend, Heidi... (Lovetoride) about the 500 mile route at Maggie Valley.
"Just like an ugly woman... That route has ten foot pole marks all over it" I'm still laughing at that one.
biggrin.png
Wayne was the only one that finished that route in Magiee Valley. Go for it. I'll have a cold beer waiting for you.
smile.png

The routes are extremely well done. I've opened in Garmin Basecamp and all waypoints and vias are properly placed on the 2016.1 maps. There are lots of vias that are already formatted "does not announce", so they are silent while navigating. This is someone who knows their shit! Well Done!

After import, one route was not named, so I applied the name High Ground Wanton Promenade - 370 miles

I don't "get" the Hot Springs via on the Monkey Butt route. It does not go to Meadow View Drive like the Google Map, and the dead end spur makes no sense.

Well, I guess there is a reason to do one now - I didn't realize anyone else actually finished that bad boy in Hendersonville. Lee made that one as a "let me screw with Wayne" thought.

Brenda and I finished the one from Hendersonville.......2-up.
Julie - there are twisties and curves - an EOM500 is not going to touch any expressway mileage...

That is all Lee - we owe him an adult beverage or three...

The routes are extremely well done. I've opened in Garmin Basecamp and all waypoints and vias are properly placed on the 2016.1 maps. There are lots of vias that are already formatted "does not announce", so they are silent while navigating. This is someone who knows their shit! Well Done!
After import, one route was not named, so I applied the name High Ground Wanton Promenade - 370 miles

I don't "get" the Hot Springs via on the Monkey Butt route. It does not go to Meadow View Drive like the Google Map, and the dead end spur makes no sense.