EOM 2016 Location Discussion

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just wondering how NAFO will play into this. I may be heading out west next year and that will eat up a lot of my vacation time.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
R8dYu4q.png

You missed the dirty part of 623, you have to go back!

0SxljSal.jpg

70loW9Rl.jpg

A few years ago, my son and I stayed at the Best Western in Jefferson, NC and I always wanted to go back as it seemed like a great location - huge parking lot and gas station nearby. It's now a Days Inn but the rates seem reasonable, "newly renovated", on-site restaurant w/catering & banquet facilities according to the website info. I personally would prefer to avoid VA because it gets real expensive real quick if you feel like playing zoomies to get your ya-yas out and you get caught.

For your consideration : Days Inn - Jefferson, NC on E Main St / US 221

I never see mention of VA 80 between Rte 19 south to Hayters Gap Rd. OMG! It's so twisty you can kiss yer ass as you come around the corner. Or how about 160 from Appalachia. VA to Lynch, KY. That road is superb & I rarely hear mention of it. I haven't looked at the specifics.. but if Wytheville would work logistically, that would make a great riding spot.

Looks like an awesome 12 miles of road. Looks like it would work well into a west loop out of Wytheville.

I never see mention of VA 80 between Rte 19 south to Hayters Gap Rd. OMG! It's so twisty you can kiss yer ass as you come around the corner. Or how about 160 from Appalachia. VA to Lynch, KY. That road is superb & I rarely hear mention of it. I haven't looked at the specifics.. but if Wytheville would work logistically, that would make a great riding spot.

Looks like an awesome 12 miles of road. Looks like it would work well into a west loop out of Wytheville.

It is a fun road...

I just voted for Lewisburg. It was unbelievable. I rode in the rain for two days in a 14 rider group and it was amazing. While riding, I saw some of the most beautiful stuff I've ever seen in my life. I'd love to go back in the sunshine and stop and really appreciate some of those pristine small towns. All the places I wanted to visit were not to be this time. I blame Tyler for that. :) . I wanted to ride with her and by golly, I did. Kudos to FYB for taking us newbies through what he knew were the must ride roads. He was right. I'm buying Bob dinner next time as a thank you. Those tours were Awesome! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just voted for Lewisburg. It was unbelievable. I rode in the rain for two days in a 14 rider group and it was amazing. While riding, I saw some of the most beautiful stuff I've ever seen in my life. I'd love to go back in the sunshine and stop and really appreciate some of those pristine small towns. All the places I wanted to visit were not to be this time. I blame Tyler for that.
smile.png
. I wanted to ride with her and by golly, I did. Kudos to FYB for taking us newbies through what he knew were the must ride roads. He was right. I'm buying Bob dinner next time as a thank you. Those tours were Awesome!
smile.png
I haven't voted as I am not well versed with the other areas but trust those that do know... that said, I agree with Vic... more time around the Lewisburg area would be fun... maybe stop in some of the little towns we only rode through this time... and never did get to the Grandma's pie place... :)

I just voted for Lewisburg. It was unbelievable. I rode in the rain for two days in a 14 rider group and it was amazing. While riding, I saw some of the most beautiful stuff I've ever seen in my life. I'd love to go back in the sunshine and stop and really appreciate some of those pristine small towns. All the places I wanted to visit were not to be this time. I blame Tyler for that. :) . I wanted to ride with her and by golly, I did. Kudos to FYB for taking us newbies through what he knew were the must ride roads. He was right. I'm buying Bob dinner next time as a thank you. Those tours were Awesome! :)
I haven't voted as I am not well versed with the other areas but trust those that do know... that said, I agree with Vic... more time around the Lewisburg area would be fun... maybe stop in some of the little towns we only rode through this time... and never did get to the Grandma's pie place... :)
Amen, Sister! I was jonsing for the meatloaf and the opportunity for that picture of you woofing down a slice to Niehart. I was bummed but, I'll get over it. FYB took charge and I thank him for it. This was a taste of what's there. I want more! :)

As others have said I would like to ride the Lewisburg area in dry weather and check out the roads to the south. I also want to do some dual sport stuff since I might have a Africa Twin by then.

I just voted for Lewisburg. It was unbelievable. I rode in the rain for two days in a 14 rider group and it was amazing. While riding, I saw some of the most beautiful stuff I've ever seen in my life. I'd love to go back in the sunshine and stop and really appreciate some of those pristine small towns. All the places I wanted to visit were not to be this time. I blame Tyler for that.
smile.png
. I wanted to ride with her and by golly, I did. Kudos to FYB for taking us newbies through what he knew were the must ride roads. He was right. I'm buying Bob dinner next time as a thank you. Those tours were Awesome!
smile.png
I haven't voted as I am not well versed with the other areas but trust those that do know... that said, I agree with Vic... more time around the Lewisburg area would be fun... maybe stop in some of the little towns we only rode through this time... and never did get to the Grandma's pie place...
smile.png
You and Joe rode right past Rella's on your way south on WV20 first day out. Her place is right beside the road.
uhoh.gif

Might I suggest another pie place if there is a next time...Mumsey's Iron Skillet in Richwood. I wasn't along, but I bet you rode right by that one too when following FYB.

Moral to the story...neither Joe or Bob know their azz from 3rd base!
tonguesmiley.gif

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:01 PMI just voted for Lewisburg. It was unbelievable. I rode in the rain for two days in a 14 rider group and it was amazing. While riding, I saw some of the most beautiful stuff I've ever seen in my life. I'd love to go back in the sunshine and stop and really appreciate some of those pristine small towns. All the places I wanted to visit were not to be this time. I blame Tyler for that.
smile.png
smile.png

I haven't voted as I am not well versed with the other areas but trust those that do know... that said, I agree with Vic... more time around the Lewisburg area would be fun... maybe stop in some of the little towns we only rode through this time... and never did get to the Grandma's pie place...
smile.png

You and Joe rode right past Rella's on your way south on WV20 first day out. Her place is right beside the road.
uhoh.gif

2015_09_25%20Rellas%202_zpsdbup0jvk.jpg

This is the view of Rella's you would have had as you rode by, minus my motor.

I'd rather not return to Lewisburg again, but will if that is where the collective chooses. I chose Cumberland Falls, KY since I have not been there yet and it looks fun.

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:01 PM

You and Joe rode right past Rella's on your way south on WV20 first day out. Her place is right beside the road. :uhoh:
[img=[URL="https://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag73/MikeAldea/FJR%20Motorcycle/2015_09_25%20Rellas%202_zpsdbup0jvk.jpg%5D"]https://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag73/MikeAldea/FJR%20Motorcycle/2015_09_25%20Rellas%202_zpsdbup0jvk.jpg][/URL]

This is the view of Rella's you would have had as you rode by, minus my motor.
Mike, if that building would've caught my eye, I would've stopped in a heart beat. Tyler and I would've found our way home. I have GPS! :D

I wouldn't mind going back to Lewisburg since there was a lot I missed this time. The weather put a damper on things. Would it be possible to move it up a week? It always seems the week before EOM is perfect weather. I have always run into rain every time I went to EOM. Never fails. I vote to move it up a week.

Dave