Exhaust Cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shagomatic

Reaction score
I have recently added the Motorcycle Larry highway pegs which I highly recommend. Since adding those, however, my wife has figured out that she can put her feet on my pegs to stretch her legs as well. On several occasions, however, we have arrived home with the soles of her boots melted to the exhaust pipe between the two sets of pegs. I have looked for commercially available covers for this area but have not found anything suitable.

Does anyone have a recommended for covering the pipes? How about a way to get burner rubber/plastic off of the pipes?

I look forward to the suggestions...

Shagomatic

Thanks for the recommendations... After looking that the one posted above, I opted to get the DRC Exhaust Heat Shields... Below is a picture of them mounted.

IMG_0460-rot.jpg

Shag

Those DRC guards are nice, but at $25 each, I'm not sure the extra bucks could not be put to better use. Adding info on both to my PK files (cuz I know I won't find this thread again when I need to. :rolleyes: ) Thanks for the info!

I have what I think is the same thing as Ionbeam posted, got mine from JC Whitney for about 8 bucks apiece on sale, and they were even offering free shipping to Canuckistan as well

Griff

Ya, JC Witless sells Cobra heat shields, be careful of the length and diameter. Size and cost are proportional. JC sells other brands but we know that the Cobra shields have good durable plating and hold up, the others are a gamble.

The DRC covers were definitely more expensive but seem to be made of more durable material, sit further off the pipe, and are vented. I suspect my wife's boots with rest there on occasion and wanted to ensure that the cover would remain cool as possible. I will report back after a longer ride...

Shag