• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FJR 06- N/LINE DASH!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cateye77

Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL 06 OWNERS,

Turbo Dave has been seen riding around So Cal with the new 06 N/Line dash!

My introductory offer is good until Sept 29th. $95.00 + $15.00 shipping. If you want the GPS Brkt that fits the Ram mount or the Garmin mount add $12.00.

Send money to PayPal acct # [email protected]

Please include your address. Will ship before the end of the month.

The pictures below show the dash on Turbo Dave's 06 AE. It was painted flat black so we could get it on the road for testing and pictures.

Rumor has it that he is riding to Florida on Saturday.

The dash you buy will have a sexy black anodized finish!

It is very solid, looks good, no interferences, no drilling holes, and fits like a glove.

All new hardware and instructions are included.

https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k191/cateye77/CIMG0573.jpg

https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k191/cateye77/CIMG0570.jpg

https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k191/cateye77/CIMG0568.jpg

https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k191/cateye77/CIMG0567.jpg

https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k191/cateye77/CIMG0565.jpg

hummm...

am i correct to guess all load bearing support is provided from the vertical screws on the 'b' and 'c' panels?

the lip that exends down the nose of the fjr, is that kept from vibrating with a pad? with a peice of velcro?

can the support legs have the same tapered and latticed style on all faces, not just the outboard faces?

dana

same questions/observations as wpbfjr... specifically -- the front tang extending below the windshield -- how is that fastened?

do you have an estimate of weight capacity?

what thickness is the stock, and is it aluminum?

how many do you have ready to go?

hummm...
am i correct to guess all load bearing support is provided from the vertical screws on the 'b' and 'c' panels?

the lip that exends down the nose of the fjr, is that kept from vibrating with a pad? with a peice of velcro?

can the support legs have the same tapered and latticed style on all faces, not just the outboard faces?

dana
It is button head velcro. The same stuff that holds Aeroflow windshields, and the Laminar Lip.

For now the design is finished, but I will log all customers comments. I stand behind the product and have even been known to send out free upgrades.

Thanks for your interest.

Scott

Button head Velcro.

The dash is as strong as the fairing structure, and I've been beating on mine for 30,000 miles!

All I can tell you is the 05 model will carry two GPS' a Valentine Radar, and an "Icebreaker" thermometer.

The stock screw that holds down the front of the 03-05 dash does not offer any more strength than the new velcro attachment.

Material: .100 thick Aluminum.

I have made 20 units but going fast. I'll be making more of course....

Thanks for your interest,

Scott

I saw one of these at EOM. Not sure what year bike it was on. Sturdier than the ECM shelf I use, not that I have had a problem with the ECM shelf. One thing I noticed for sure is that it will not work with the Vstrom hand guards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of these on my bike and I have A V-Stream windshield. It will hold A heavy set of speakers, GPS, Radar, Kisan charger display and will have the tire pressure display when there ready, my XM radio is there and I have room left over for some thing I haven’t thought of yet..

This is a 1st class job of fabricating and lazer cutting.

It can be removed with no marks on the FJR.

I recommend this shelf over any thing I have seen or used on my bike, it is the best..

Glen

ATTENTION ALL 06 OWNERS,
My introductory offer is good until Sept 29th. $95.00 + $15.00 shipping. If you want the GPS Brkt that fits the Ram mount or the Garmin mount add $12.00.
can you post a pic of the GP bracket and/or Garmin mount?

Is it possible to mount a camera on the shelf?

Hi Cateye77,

Received and installed my Farkle shelf today. :yahoo: :D Good intructions, nice fit and finish and works like a charm. Thanks for the attention to detail and really great service.

FJRpat

Just to let those curious know that today I took delivery of the finished N/Line Dash. Scott removed the prototype shelf and installed the finely finished black shelf. I immediately loaded up the shelf with a radar detector, xm radio, antenna, GPS and off I rode. The shelf is rock steady and all the instruments on the dash are fully visible, even the tiny green flashers on the 06 AE. There are some trick slots which will accommodate electronic plugs that can be passed through and plugged into the devices. Also, Scott explained that the inner cockpit black panels can be removed without completely taking the shelf off the bike. This is indeed a well thought out design and I would strongly suggest it for those 06 folks that want to add farkles to the A or AE(really needed on the AE). I am very happy to have it :p

I recieved my dash shelf today - and installed in about 15 minutes.

perfect fit - and looks like it will support just about anything I might want to place on it.

Nice job Scott. I haven't mounted anything to it, yet, but will now start doing so sometime in the future. I have "Band Dad" duties for the next several weekends, so I don't know when it will get done. Both my kids will be performing for their high school band for many weekends to come so riding time will be limited to the daily commute and perhaps some sunday rides. I just hate to take the 1 day available for riding off to farkle. Especially electrical farkling.

In looking at the pics from the first post the dash appears to be slanted down/forward. Can you tilt it upwards so that it's level? And it's OK from a structural standpoint to drill holes in it for attaching your various and sundry mounting bits (e.g., GPS mounts)? Thanks.

My explanation of how we arrived at the end result is too long to list. Due to the 06 fairing design changes, instrument positions, and rider position, I had to leave a little slope to it. If I leveled it perfectly it reduce the size of the platform, on top of other issues. The mild slope can only improve your view of your gadgets and it won't hinder their performance.

Drill as many holes as you would like. I still have a prototype shelf on my 04 and have changs things around many times. Mine is like swiss cheese! I should put a new one on my bike.....

Cateye77

I recieved my dash shelf today - and installed in about 15 minutes.perfect fit - and looks like it will support just about anything I might want to place on it.

Nice job Scott. I haven't mounted anything to it, yet, but will now start doing so sometime in the future. I have "Band Dad" duties for the next several weekends, so I don't know when it will get done. Both my kids will be performing for their high school band for many weekends to come so riding time will be limited to the daily commute and perhaps some sunday rides. I just hate to take the 1 day available for riding off to farkle. Especially electrical farkling.
Taking a little bit longer to get to the North East ... it's scheduled for delievery Friday :( I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Mike

Latest posts